Quote Originally Posted by Coldice View Post
    Hey guys, just a quick question about Sin, i've been told to always get 6 CP on RUPTURE and almost always, depends on the situation, on ENVENOM, is that the best way? the guy is a real beast at rogue and WoW in general so... anyone can confirm this?
    Rupture 5+; with the exception that immediately before exsanguinate you should refresh rupture (regardless of its current duration) with a full 6pt rupture.

Envenom as low as 3+ to maintain Elaborate Planning during Vendetta, Exsanguinate, and maybe Blood of the Assassinated; otherwise envenom at 5+.
    Last edited by kindath; 2016-09-26 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kindath View Post
    Rupture 5+; with the exception that immediately before exsanguinate you should refresh rupture (regardless of its current duration) with a full 6pt rupture.

Envenom as low as 3+ to maintain Elaborate Planning during Vendetta, Exsanguinate, and maybe Blood of the Assassinated; otherwise envenom at 5+.
    seems legit , thx ill try that !

So Stjern's guide is saying that for a bleed spec'd rogue (using his exact spec which I am) that Crit is better than Versatility but this goes against most other guides. His guide is really good though so I'm inclined to believe it is correct. Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by vorp View Post
    Well, he used Exsanguinate 7 times. It's an exploit that allows you to maintain Agonizing Poison while spec'd for Exsanguinate. I think WCL are manually removing the logs that do this as they see them, there were some higher geared Rogues pulling 380k+ using the same exploit.
    how to do this?

Elaborate Planning or Hemo with Exsanguinate? I understand that Hemo is better fit for a Bleed Build but i cant find better results using it over EP. Which one increases the overall damage the most?

Isn't agonizing scaling better than exsang? Kind of making the DP buff useless

Edit: and would assassination cleave as exsang even beat subtlety's with the DFA buff?
    Last edited by Broskee; 2016-09-27 at 07:33 AM.

Is the difference between Agonizing and Exsang that much that'd i'll need to play a more boring talent? I really enjoy my exsang build, its a more fast paced gameplay and sinergizes well with Venomous Wounds, but at the same time i dont want to be 20-30k behind in damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    The buffs are aimed at Assassination's weak AoE, not the single target damage.

In raids it is fine but in mythic+ dungeons it lags behind, one of the reasons is actually the reliance on Bag of Tricks proc at the right time and the mobs not being moved out of it.

I've been running dungeons with Master Poisoner over Elaborate Planning anyway and it helps a lot, with the changes to Poison Knives, BoT & DP in general this should be amplified somewhat.

Looking forward to it
    Im waiting any info about this change

seems interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    So Stjern's guide is saying that for a bleed spec'd rogue (using his exact spec which I am) that Crit is better than Versatility but this goes against most other guides. His guide is really good though so I'm inclined to believe it is correct. Anybody?
    Stat weights are derived from simulations in a certain gear set - unless you are wearing an exact match of the gear he used the stat weights will be wrong.

If you want accurate stat weights for your character, to give you a personal gearing strategy, use AMR or Simcraft. For consistent accuracy, you should do this every time you get a new piece of gear.

The ideal scenario is aiming for Agility > Stat1 ~= Stat2 > Stat3
    Last edited by Chemii; 2016-09-27 at 10:08 AM.

Stat weights are derived from simulations in a certain gear set - unless you are wearing an exact match of the gear he used the stat weights will be wrong.

If you want accurate stat weights for your character, to give you a personal gearing strategy, use AMR or Simcraft. For consistent accuracy, you should do this every time you get a new piece of gear.

The ideal scenario is aiming for Agility > Stat1 ~= Stat2 > Stat3
    Makes sense. Thanks for the info. Doing some sims now.

Deleted
    I have just started playing Sin and like it quite a lot. I'm looking forward to the AoE buff that will hit live tomorrow (as I live in EU). Are there anything that changes in our rotation by this or are guides like icy-veins still the way to go for AoE, and do you guys feel any big difference with the changes?

Hot damn that Deadly Poison and Poison Bomb buff really upped my ST by 20k-30k, I'm a happy camper for sure.

Is assasination, poison spec competitive now?

Sims are now showing assa 30k above outlaw now, pretty big difference.

Deleted
    Hello all,

I am looking to play some assassination on single target fights (Nythendra and Ursoc) in normal on Thursday. Now, keeping in mind the buffs to certain assassination skills, my gear and my artifact level, where should I start? I'm having a tough time deciding on a talent setup and gear to use with it. I'm reading different things on Icy veins, the guide that's going around on MMO champ, etc. I get the feeling an Exsang build is very reliant on perfect setup to do optimal, which I am not really used to yet.

I hear that there was a buff to Deadly Poison, so does that mean Agonizing Poison loses out? I have also read that a poison build would scale much better towards heroic gear. I'm somewhere in between T19P and T19H. Does the scaling have to do with tier bonuses?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Abzynth/simple is my armory. You can see my stats are all pretty balanced, a result of playing Outlaw until now. I have the following traits unlocked in my artifact:

1/1 Assassin's Blades
    3/3 Toxic Blades
    1/1 Urge to Kill
    3/3 Master Assassin
    3/3 Gushing Wound
    1/3 Master Alchemist
    1/1 Blood of the Assassinated

With some effort I could probably get Bag of Tricks before Thursday, but I have no idea if that'll net me much difference single target (since I still feel more comfortable playing Outlaw for cleave/target switch fights such as the eye, Cenarius and Xavius. Trinkets wise (apart from those showing up on my Armory), I have:

840 Chaos Talisman
    840 Tirathon's Betrayal
    835 agi+mastery stat stick (socket)
    835 agi+crit stat stick
    840 agi+vers stat stick.

Any ideas what the perfect combination would be for my 875 Memento of Angerboda (which I assume will be first choice)?

Apologies for the long post. I would love to hear your input on this. I know I could sim but for some reason my simcraft has problems installing on this computer, so any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Abzynth

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeral View Post
    Hello all,

I am looking to play some assassination on single target fights (Nythendra and Ursoc) in normal on Thursday. Now, keeping in mind the buffs to certain assassination skills, my gear and my artifact level, where should I start? I'm having a tough time deciding on a talent setup and gear to use with it. I'm reading different things on Icy veins, the guide that's going around on MMO champ, etc. I get the feeling an Exsang build is very reliant on perfect setup to do optimal, which I am not really used to yet.

I hear that there was a buff to Deadly Poison, so does that mean Agonizing Poison loses out? I have also read that a poison build would scale much better towards heroic gear. I'm somewhere in between T19P and T19H. Does the scaling have to do with tier bonuses?

is my armory. You can see my stats are all pretty balanced, a result of playing Outlaw until now. I have the following traits unlocked in my artifact:

1/1 Assassin's Blades
    3/3 Toxic Blades
    1/1 Urge to Kill
    3/3 Master Assassin
    3/3 Gushing Wound
    1/3 Master Alchemist
    1/1 Blood of the Assassinated

With some effort I could probably get Bag of Tricks before Thursday, but I have no idea if that'll net me much difference single target (since I still feel more comfortable playing Outlaw for cleave/target switch fights such as the eye, Cenarius and Xavius. Trinkets wise (apart from those showing up on my Armory), I have:

840 Chaos Talisman
    840 Tirathon's Betrayal
    835 agi+mastery stat stick (socket)
    835 agi+crit stat stick
    840 agi+vers stat stick.

Any ideas what the perfect combination would be for my 875 Memento of Angerboda (which I assume will be first choice)?

Apologies for the long post. I would love to hear your input on this. I know I could sim but for some reason my simcraft has problems installing on this computer, so any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Abzynth
    I think with how much Mastery you have (and very low crit) you'd probably be significantly better off going with the Poison focused Assassination build. For the Exsanguinate bleed build with Elaborate Planning (and given my current gear) Crit is actually pulling ahead of Versatility which the Stjern guide you mentioned also seems to show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    I think with how much Mastery you have (and very low crit) you'd probably be significantly better off going with the Poison focused Assassination build. For the Exsanguinate bleed build with Elaborate Planning (and given my current gear) Crit is actually pulling ahead of Versatility which the Stjern guide you mentioned also seems to show.
    Thanks for the quick reply. What does the poison build entail (which talents together with Agonizing)? Is there another priority rotation than the bleed build? That part is not included in the guide. Are there any traits I should prioritize after the first golden (Blood of the Assassinated)? I would be going for Bag of Tricks through Master Alchemist, but that trait seems a bit useless for a poison build (since it increases Deadly Poison dmg).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeral View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. What does the poison build entail (which talents together with Agonizing)? Is there another priority rotation than the bleed build? That part is not included in the guide. Are there any traits I should prioritize after the first golden (Blood of the Assassinated)? I would be going for Bag of Tricks through Master Alchemist, but that trait seems a bit useless for a poison build (since it increases Deadly Poison dmg).
    I'm not allowed to post links because I don't have enough posts apparently, but the guide in question does include a section about the Poison spec which is in fact the first of the two Assassination builds he goes over. It's the guide you've probably seen hosted in Google Docs by Stjern.

Can anyone tell me if changing loot specs makes any difference to the gear and types of secondary stats that drops? I'm chasing Crit/Vers or even crit/mastery (anything but haste) so I'm wondering if changing to Outlaw would make any difference because I see a LOT of haste gear.

The buffs are aimed at Assassination's weak AoE, not the single target damage.

In raids it is fine but in mythic+ dungeons it lags behind, one of the reasons is actually the reliance on Bag of Tricks proc at the right time and the mobs not being moved out of it.

I've been running dungeons with Master Poisoner over Elaborate Planning anyway and it helps a lot, with the changes to Poison Knives, BoT & DP in general this should be amplified somewhat.

Looking forward to it
    Master poisoner and exsanguinate or agonizing poison ?