use subterfuge to get additional 3s of crit after vanish

and this opener is pretty decent
    https://imgur.com/UkdB9ws

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    I still get the nagging feeling I'm playing Assassination "wrong".

I created an aura to track Surge of Toxins, so when Rupture/Garrote are up and running, I'm now tracking SoT as well. Problem is, when I have 5 combo points built up and ready to Envenom, I just... wait. It just feels wrong because I feel like in the time spent doing nothing but auto-attacking and waiting for SoT to run out, I could have Envenom'd and built up another 5-points in the meantime.

Am I doing it wrong by building up 5 combo points and waiting for SoT to run out? Are there circumstances where I can freely build up 5 points and spam Envenom and follow up with another, despite the last SoT not having run out yet?
    You have limited Energy. As long as you're not capping you aren't wasting anything. Spamming abilities will just mean you run out of Energy and find yourself waiting just as much, only at worse times.

Deleted
    Are there circumstances where I can freely build up 5 points and spam Envenom and follow up with another, despite the last SoT not having run out yet?
    1.) You would energy cap
    2.) (If legendary belt equipped): Boss life is close to falling below 90%
    3.) At the very end of a boss fight, literally the last seconds
    4.) Vendetta or similar dmg cds / procs are about to expire (you want to invest as much energy in those timeframes)
    5.) Similar scenarios.

Generally speaking the value of energy increases drastically during cooldowns. At the beginning of CDs or "increased damage windows" you want to be efficient with SoT, but at the very end it is of course more efficient doing a Vendetta'd 5CP envenom instead of waiting for SoT. Your vendetta would expire and you would lose 30% damage of that envenom.

You will kinda get a feeling for that when it is worth or not.

Deleted
    Vigor: If Garrote and Kingsbane are on cooldown, do we Envenom on 4 CP, or do we use Fan of Knives/Mutilate to generate the last point?

Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    Vigor: If Garrote and Kingsbane are on cooldown, do we Envenom on 4 CP, or do we use Fan of Knives/Mutilate to generate the last point?
    Envenom at 4-5.

Anyone know a way to compare my parses X rogues using the same trinkets i have or legendaries ?

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    use subterfuge to get additional 3s of crit after vanish

and this opener is pretty decent
    imgur.com/UkdB9ws

vanish-mutilate??

Quote Originally Posted by Bombouzzo View Post
    vanish-mutilate??
    yeah? after vanish you want to dump as many attacks as possible during 100% crit

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yeah? after vanish you want to dump as many attacks as possible during 100% crit
    Right, I forgot about not having nightstalker when running with legendary shoulders, hence the vanish-rupture doesn't come in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombouzzo View Post
    Right, I forgot about not having nightstalker when running with legendary shoulders, hence the vanish-rupture doesn't come in play.
    Is it really worth it though? I mean losing 2-3 buffed Ruptures for 6-9 extra seconds of 100% crit chance instead of 30ish%?

Deleted
    You forgot the buffed Garrotte.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonDonnie View Post
    Is it really worth it though? I mean losing 2-3 buffed Ruptures for 6-9 extra seconds of 100% crit chance instead of 30ish%?
    Yes.

Testing and sims has shown if you have the shoulders, Subterfuge is the go to talent.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDonnie View Post
    subterfuge is already nearly equal to NS without the shoulders since it buffs garrote by 125%

Question about using the Dreadlord's Deceit cloak on single target.

Has anyone calculated the ideal wait time to use it when relating to Vendetta? I've read how you can use Vendetta if Kingsbane has 6 seconds remaining. During a single target boss, I see I have 30 stacks of Dreadlord's Deceit ready to blow, but there's 10-20 seconds remaining until Vendetta is active. I've been holding FoK if there's 10 seconds left, but what about 20? 25?

Has anyone done the math?

Question about using the Dreadlord's Deceit cloak on single target.

Has anyone calculated the ideal wait time to use it when relating to Vendetta? I've read how you can use Vendetta if Kingsbane has 6 seconds remaining. During a single target boss, I see I have 30 stacks of Dreadlord's Deceit ready to blow, but there's 10-20 seconds remaining until Vendetta is active. I've been holding FoK if there's 10 seconds left, but what about 20? 25?

Has anyone done the math?
    if you assume Deceit as a spell with 60 seconds cooldown, then vendetta is worth 30% of its duration.

so within 18 seconds is worth holding.

Has anyone got a chance to test Sinister Circulation (the new golden trait for Sin Rogues) on the PTR ? I have this distinct impression that this trait in association with Alacricity will be the way to go, since itll proc way more from Deadly Poison than Agonizing and Alacricity will make it proc even more by giving us extra melee auto attacks and envenom casts.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-02-25 at 04:33 AM.

Actually, I've got a question for CoF + boots + 2MA users.

Yeah, on average, the Vendetta CD with this build works out to be about 45 seconds, but what do you do when you get the godlike procs and Vendetta is up a full 10-15 seconds before Kingsbane? Do you use it right away or wait? Holding Vendetta that long seems wrong, but desyncing it with Kingsbane also seems wrong.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Deleted
    Hi everyone, first post in here although long time stalker
    Even though I'm playing somewhat casually nowadays due to family and stuff, I found myself very lucky with legendary drops and overall gear.
    I am now privileged enough to have the choice between shoulders / boots or shoulders / bracers.
    I have cof and run with 2 MA relics and a Rup damage. I'm currently using shoulders+bracers and that last 30% brings me up to 600k single target which I'm extremely happy with. Having said that, Kingsbane and vendetta rarely pair up and I pretty much always delay Kingsbane.

What do you guys think, should I be running shoulder boots instead for more of that sweet sweet combo?
    Last edited by mmocd8deb25f37; 2017-02-25 at 08:44 PM.

If you have CoF and Boots, use the CoF + Boots + 2MA combo, always. 45 sec Vendetta is too damn good. The question is then, Shoulders or Bracers, which you can decide based on personal preference, availability of Draught of Souls, and fight choice (sometimes execute damage is more important than opening burst). In general, the shoulders are probably a little bit ahead, but I still tend to run bracers on progression (progression kills = execute typically lasts longer and matters more).
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Deleted
    Shoulders have been such a shocking improvement since I got it I can't really feel like dropping them. But then again bracers too. Mmmh. Food for thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you're definitely right about the importance of execute.