http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealfate/simple

So, with my legendary drop coming to a peak yesterday, I got the boots finally, which means I now have AoE cloak, shoulders, boots, and Sephuz. For ST, I think the choice is obviously shoulders and boots. This, sadly, leaves me with a GAPING hole in my crit, as those boots had none and my others had over 1k.

So, I'm starting to worry a little about itemization and stat weights. I'm currently sitting at what is a really low (IMO) 30% crit and 150% mastery. As I currently see it, swapping pieces in and out to make some sense of this mess, i can gain 4% crit at the expense of 12% mastery, sitting me at 34% crit and 138% mastery. Is this good, or is 30% crit and 150% mastery better?
    EVGA GTX 970 4GB SC | i5-4690K Quad-Core @4.5GHz CPU
    Ripjaws 16GB 1866 (4x4GB) RAM | H80i Liquid Cooling System
    Corsair RM 750W G+ Fully Modular PSU | ASRock Fatality Z97X Killer Motherboard
    Cobra Series R Gaming Keyboard | Razer Deathadder Chroma Gaming Mouse
    Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD | Seagate 7200 RPM 2TB HDD
    ASUS Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Monitor | Enermax OSTROGG GT Mid Tower

This is a question for Simcraft-Man.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman
    winning
    "A stick is a love letter that hasn't been made into paper yet."
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I personally don't sim, never learned and do not know how. It's not as simple as people make it out to be, at least not for a first timer.
    ASUS Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Monitor | Enermax OSTROGG GT Mid Tower

Well, it is. It is decidedly not as hard as playing WoW on a level higher then LFR.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman
    winning
    "A stick is a love letter that hasn't been made into paper yet."
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I personally don't sim, never learned and do not know how. It's not as simple as people make it out to be, at least not for a first timer.
    It is very simple to learn how. There are tutorials. AMR is likely the most user-friendly, especially for first-timers.

As for your stats, i'd love to have 30% crit and 150% mastery. Those are great stats.

I am unfortunately, swimming in haste - 18% crit, 17% haste, 155% mastery. i do have 12.8 eps, but i would much rather have every bit of that haste shifted to crit.

Your goal should be around 16000 mastery, 1000 haste, 6000 crit, and i don't have a number for vers. That's for 900ilvl.

I just simmed with AMR and the results are surprising.

First, it says I should be doing 668k, yet I do about 700k. (simmed it 10 times, got the average)

Also, the breakdown of what it says my damage should be is astonishingly off. It says:

1 Envenom
    2 Poison bomb (LOL?)
    3 Mutilate
    4 Rupture
    7 Garrote

My actual numbers look like this, almost 100% of the time

1 Rupture
    2 Envenom
    3 Garrote

I just simmed with AMR and the results are surprising.

First, it says I should be doing 668k, yet I do about 700k. (simmed it 10 times, got the average)

Also, the breakdown of what it says my damage should be is astonishingly off. It says:

1 Envenom
    2 Poison bomb (LOL?)
    3 Mutilate
    4 Rupture
    7 Garrote

My actual numbers look like this, almost 100% of the time

1 Rupture
    2 Envenom
    3 Garrote
    There's a lot of factors than can influence that. I can fairly often get pulls where pb is 3rd on my damage. On botanist it's often top dmg by a large margin.

amr isn't perfect either - the rotation may not be optimized perfectly (you can edit the rotation used) or for things like DoS you can change when to use it.

If your'e using shoulders, there's a good chance it just uses vanish on cd.

Being new to it, with zero customizations, just take the time to run a gearing strategy and get stat goals.

Well I took amrs advice with the best in bag feature and did 750k on H trilliax tonight, which beat my previous record of 699k. And according to logs for my ilvl 894 that ain't bad

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealfate/simple

So, with my legendary drop coming to a peak yesterday, I got the boots finally, which means I now have AoE cloak, shoulders, boots, and Sephuz. For ST, I think the choice is obviously shoulders and boots. This, sadly, leaves me with a GAPING hole in my crit, as those boots had none and my others had over 1k.

So, I'm starting to worry a little about itemization and stat weights. I'm currently sitting at what is a really low (IMO) 30% crit and 150% mastery. As I currently see it, swapping pieces in and out to make some sense of this mess, i can gain 4% crit at the expense of 12% mastery, sitting me at 34% crit and 138% mastery. Is this good, or is 30% crit and 150% mastery better?
    If you have shoulders crit becomes devalued. I currently have 17% crit at 903ilvl and sim in the high 800k. Keep stacking mastery.