Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What is shuriken combo? Im just now practicing sub on my rogue alt.
    +10% evis dmg /target hit with shurriken storm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurellio View Post
    How did u draw that conclusion?

Exactly this. It is more a matter of fun and for me Sin with fucking pb lottery does not make fun anymore. It never did but before it was the spec to go but now you have another well performing spec so it was pretty much worth it to put some effort into Sub. But yeah, i see many Sub rogues around but the very least master it. In pugs i never got beaten by a Sub rogue when i played Sin. So depending on your guild and if you are pretty familiar with Sin, you will be fine.
    wowlogs sub outperforms sin on every hc encounter, mostly by a large margin of 100k dps. but its 75%+ for sure.
    Also the KJ mythic firstkill was done by 3 subs 1 sin 1 outlaw.

Is there a good/competetive 7.2.5 guide for sins?
    BiS trinkets, new opener/rotation with toxic blade etc.
    Last edited by mmoc96ce41db5d; 2017-07-18 at 08:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    wowlogs sub outperforms sin on every hc encounter, mostly by a large margin of 100k dps. but its 75%+ for sure.

Dont trust wowprogress, it showed 3 sub 2 assa on their first avatar kill when it was 5 assa on their video
    Theres no way they took an outlaw lol

Deleted
    I require ur aid guys (prob not the right place to ask but this doesnt deserve a new thread so...)

I want to level a rogue but since i have bad luck with legendaries i want to know which spec is the least dependant on having the right ones to be played at a decent level.

Deleted

Worstplayer aka Perfecto didnt play Outlaw on KJ. He definitely played Sub and logged out as Outlaw to troll people. I agree, Sub is performing better without any doubt, but still, it is dependent on which legendaries u got and how far you are invested in either spec. If you have best in slot legendaries as sin, it wouldnt make any sense to switch to Sub if you dont have best in slot leggos in that spec. It is not like Sub is overperforming. I have no idea when you quit playing so i dunno about your legendaries and how invested you are but playing Sin wouldn't hurt you too bad. If you start from scratch then go for Sub. But Sub is not as easy to master as Sin.

Icy-veins is still ok and Riff sums up a lot in his guide: https://riff.tf/guide/assassination/

For openers you could check another thread here, where it has been already discussed. Otherwise just use TB on cooldown, that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    I require ur aid guys (prob not the right place to ask but this doesnt deserve a new thread so...)

I want to level a rogue but since i have bad luck with legendaries i want to know which spec is the least dependant on having the right ones to be played at a decent level.
    Sub or Sin, it doesnt matter. Sub was pretty much dependent on boots before patch to get a smooth rotation going but it has changed. To compete amongst the best you will need two best in slot legendaries in either spec for any class. To play at a decent level you need two decent dps legendaries and it doesnt matter in which spec you get them. Sub is the best spec at the moment but not easy to master. Sin performs pretty good as well and is easier to learn. But, you want shoulders in any spec, this is our best in slot legendary in every spec.

BiS Sub: Shoulders + Bracers
    Also playable: Shoulders + both legendary rings / hands / trinket / belt

BiS Sin: Shoulders + boots before T20 4P, Shoulders + Bracers with 4P T20
    Also playable: Shoulders + both rings / head / belt / trinket

Thus any combination of shoulders + random dps legendaries will be okay or two dps legendaries but be aware, you wont be able to compete without having two best in slot legendaries, especially shoulders have a big impact. The only rogue spec which is very dependent on a legendary to achieve good performance at single target, is Outlaw with the rtb build. You really want to have bracers, but Outlaw is not competetive with the other specs at the Moment so i wouldnt even consider it.

Deleted
    Worstplayer aka Perfecto didnt play Outlaw on KJ. He definitely played Sub and logged out as Outlaw to troll people. I agree, Sub is performing better without any doubt, but still, it is dependent on which legendaries u got and how far you are invested in either spec. If you have best in slot legendaries as sin, it wouldnt make any sense to switch to Sub if you dont have best in slot leggos in that spec. It is not like Sub is overperforming. I have no idea when you quit playing so i dunno about your legendaries and how invested you are but playing Sin wouldn't hurt you too bad. If you start from scratch then go for Sub. But Sub is not as easy to master as Sin.

Icy-veins is still ok and Riff sums up a lot in his guide: https://riff.tf/guide/assassination/

For openers you could check another thread here, where it has been already discussed. Otherwise just use TB on cooldown, that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sub or Sin, it doesnt matter. Sub was pretty much dependent on boots before patch to get a smooth rotation going but it has changed. To compete amongst the best you will need two best in slot legendaries in either spec for any class. To play at a decent level you need two decent dps legendaries and it doesnt matter in which spec you get them. Sub is the best spec at the moment but not easy to master. Sin performs pretty good as well and is easier to learn. But, you want shoulders in any spec, this is our best in slot legendary in every spec.

Thus any combination of shoulders + random dps legendaries will be okay or two dps legendaries but be aware, you wont be able to compete without having two best in slot legendaries, especially shoulders have a big impact. The only rogue spec which is very dependent on a legendary to achieve good performance at single target, is Outlaw with the rtb build. You really want to have bracers, but Outlaw is not competetive with the other specs at the Moment so i wouldnt even consider it.
    Thank you very much for the information mate ! You really helped a lot. I think i will try sub, havent touched this spec since in a long while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question: is it better to have T19 2/4 and T20 2/4 or wait for T20 4/4 before switching completly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    I have a question: is it better to have T19 2/4 and T20 2/4 or wait for T20 4/4 before switching completly?
    It surely depends on the pieces you've got and the item lvl they have. I had already switched to 2P T19 + 2P T20 during the first lockout since it simply simmed better for me due to item lvl of my T19 pieces had. Thus it might be worth it, just sim yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    I simmed myself ilvl ~912-915, and T19x2 and T20x2 was stronger than T19x4.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i was realy lucky some time ago.
    After i got my boots/bracer/shoulder for sin i switched to sub and the first one was the bracers.

But i dont get the spec.. feels pretty weird and hard to learn.

Anyone has a good link for a guide on assas rotation.. havent played rogue in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Anyone has a good link for a guide on assas rotation.. havent played rogue in a while
    @Notter and @tumna made actually nice Guide for Assassination rogues (7.2.5), check it out there:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...tOD1oo/preview

Deleted
    how accurate are the simcraft sims for the legendary shoulders? Does simcraft change the rotation with shoulders on?

Because im siming the same with 4p-2p boots/bracers as with shoulders. If the sims are pretty accurate i would switch to boots/bracer.

Is it just me, or are there not that many good Sin rings this tier?

There's the Rescinded ring from Maiden, but other than that...

Deleted
    how accurate are the simcraft sims for the legendary shoulders? Does simcraft change the rotation with shoulders on?

Because im siming the same with 4p-2p boots/bracers as with shoulders. If the sims are pretty accurate i would switch to boots/bracer.
    They aint less accurate than they've been before. You say it sims the same so why would you switch then? Sub 2P T19 + 4P T20 sims much better for me on cleave fights or when i have to switch targets a lot. T19 2P for Sub makes your rotation smooother, it is obviously qol whereas T19 2P for Sin is nothin' special. I like the burst of shoulders and it is quite good for parsing on short fights, so i'd prefer shoulders but well its up to you if numbers are the same. For me Boots + Shoulders do sim better than Shoulders + Bracers if i drop CoF and take EoE for example.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post

Thats correct. There is another one with crit/vers which favors Sub and one with haste / mastery. You will have to grind mythic+ i think.

Deleted

or just get the 900 craftring with the socket, its still pretty decent

Harjatan drops a haste/mastery ring.

10+ Year Old Account

The thumb ring sims 2nd best for me. Sisters, I believe.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Is it okay to use abilities such as Kingsbane, Toxic Blade or Garrote when you have 4 combo points?

Garrote is ok if you dont overwrite a subterfuge empowered one. Kb and tb can both crit so i dont.