Check logs

99 percentile

"What? How the hell did I do that? I'm a casual pugger."

Click details

Poison Bombs

So many Poison Bombs

HOLY HELL SO MANY

Always when adds were up

Y'know... I kind of miss the days when I did great dps, and I knew it was because I personally played very well, and I should be proud... instead of "wow, I sure was lucky."
    Last edited by thottstation; 2017-08-03 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Check logs

99 percentile

"What? How the hell did I do that? I'm a casual pugger."

Click details

Poison Bombs

So many Poison Bombs

HOLY HELL SO MANY

Always when adds were up

Y'know... I kind of miss the days when I did great dps, and I knew it was because I personally played very well, and I should be proud... instead of "wow, I sure was lucky."
    Playing Sub is the solution for that. I was so sick of getting beaten by rogues with almost 10 item lvl lower than me cause they had poison bomb procs of the doom during right moments. When they made pb being affected by Vendetta, it even got worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurellio View Post
    Playing Sub is the solution for that. I was so sick of getting beaten by rogues with almost 10 item lvl lower than me cause they had poison bomb procs of the doom during right moments. When they made pb being affected by Vendetta, it even got worse.
    Only blizzard can buff something so much that it becomes awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Only blizzard can buff something so much that it becomes awful.

I actually did Laugh Out Loud.

Thankyou.

Can I get some confirmation that Cloak of Shadows does NOT immune KJ's Thousand Nights cast?

I remember testing it myself on Normal, and confirming it works... but now peole tell me it doesn't, and I'm thinking maybe someone shielded/bubbled/overhealed me or something.

Deleted
    Can I get some confirmation that Cloak of Shadows does NOT immune KJ's Thousand Nights cast?

I remember testing it myself on Normal, and confirming it works... but now peole tell me it doesn't, and I'm thinking maybe someone shielded/bubbled/overhealed me or something.
    I cloaked it and survived it because of cheat death on heroic. I did that because I did the same exp than you: it worked on normal.

Deleted
    It didn't make me immune this week on normal fwiw.

Cloak doesn't work on Darkness of a Thousand Souls, as the spell is flagged as unaffected by vulnerability. You'll take a ton of damage and get a stack of the debuff if it hits you.

Cloak DOES immune the damage you take from standing in the rift to avoid Darkness though, so hiding in the rift and cloaking there is the way to go.

You *can* immune the massive hit, but you still gain a stack.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...57&end=7806046

Ah, one of those instances where you time the Cloak right as the cast goes off?

I took a break from my rogue early on in the expansion (before Nighthold). How is assassination right now with AoE and target switching?

Thank you for any help anyone is able to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by ButteryPancakes View Post
    I took a break from my rogue early on in the expansion (before Nighthold). How is assassination right now with AoE and target switching?

Thank you for any help anyone is able to provide.
    AoE sucks unless if you get poison bomb procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    AoE sucks unless if you get poison bomb procs.
    With the new 4p, glaive, shoulders, bracers and maybe a second aoe trinket (terrorbound nexus is still insane on 910+), you will perform ~2.5-5% lower than a sub with the cloak and you will out dps a sub rogue without the cloak. The poison bomb thing is outdated and a non-issue anymore in trash packs. Assa is currently very underestimated in m+ environment, the performance is strong enough for any key level done so far.

And here my guild thought I was crazy for suggesting the prejudice towards rogues for that aspect of pve.

Groups that never do more DPS then me but are quick to over look me for something with spammy aoe.

For Demonic Inquisition, would you recommend focusing all attention/dps on the one boss (the caster, for me) and switching only when forced to (ie.. Fel Squal), or should I do everything possible to keep Rupture & Garrote rolling on both bosses?

Assuming both are close together you want to make sure you have your dots rolling on both, when one of them is bout to do there switch ability you want to refresh dots before you leave.

For Demonic Inquisition, would you recommend focusing all attention/dps on the one boss (the caster, for me) and switching only when forced to (ie.. Fel Squal), or should I do everything possible to keep Rupture & Garrote rolling on both bosses?
    try maximise the uptimes. you didnt have to run like a headless chicken, but you should refresh bleeds before switching (maybe not when they are too far from pandemic time). you can gain a very significant amount of energy only thanks this shrewdness

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Looks like all the nerfs are coming.
    Puts assassination at the bottom of the pack, or very nearly. The listed nerf is after the 3-5% nerf from the shoulders changes.

You guys do realize that the nerf is just reverting the aura back to what it is now on live, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    You guys do realize that the nerf is just reverting the aura back to what it is now on live, right?
    Then it's fine. I don't think that Assassination rogues are in a bad position... Though it could've been better.