You *can* immune the massive hit, but you still gain a stack.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...57&end=7806046

Ah, one of those instances where you time the Cloak right as the cast goes off?

I took a break from my rogue early on in the expansion (before Nighthold). How is assassination right now with AoE and target switching?

Thank you for any help anyone is able to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by ButteryPancakes View Post
    I took a break from my rogue early on in the expansion (before Nighthold). How is assassination right now with AoE and target switching?

Thank you for any help anyone is able to provide.
    AoE sucks unless if you get poison bomb procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    AoE sucks unless if you get poison bomb procs.
    With the new 4p, glaive, shoulders, bracers and maybe a second aoe trinket (terrorbound nexus is still insane on 910+), you will perform ~2.5-5% lower than a sub with the cloak and you will out dps a sub rogue without the cloak. The poison bomb thing is outdated and a non-issue anymore in trash packs. Assa is currently very underestimated in m+ environment, the performance is strong enough for any key level done so far.

And here my guild thought I was crazy for suggesting the prejudice towards rogues for that aspect of pve.

Groups that never do more DPS then me but are quick to over look me for something with spammy aoe.

For Demonic Inquisition, would you recommend focusing all attention/dps on the one boss (the caster, for me) and switching only when forced to (ie.. Fel Squal), or should I do everything possible to keep Rupture & Garrote rolling on both bosses?

Assuming both are close together you want to make sure you have your dots rolling on both, when one of them is bout to do there switch ability you want to refresh dots before you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    For Demonic Inquisition, would you recommend focusing all attention/dps on the one boss (the caster, for me) and switching only when forced to (ie.. Fel Squal), or should I do everything possible to keep Rupture & Garrote rolling on both bosses?
    try maximise the uptimes. you didnt have to run like a headless chicken, but you should refresh bleeds before switching (maybe not when they are too far from pandemic time). you can gain a very significant amount of energy only thanks this shrewdness

Looks like all the nerfs are coming.
    "I don't want someone who has the knowledge, skill, or even personality necessary to be president. I want someone who can speak his bigoted mind without worrying about offending people!"- The batman

Common courtesy is like common sense these days, neither of them are too common anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Looks like all the nerfs are coming.
    Puts assassination at the bottom of the pack, or very nearly. The listed nerf is after the 3-5% nerf from the shoulders changes.

You guys do realize that the nerf is just reverting the aura back to what it is now on live, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    You guys do realize that the nerf is just reverting the aura back to what it is now on live, right?
    Then it's fine. I don't think that Assassination rogues are in a bad position... Though it could've been better.

All the auras are just back to live values-no nerf there.I guess they still experiment.Assasin needs a little bit dps -that 6% looked fine.As for the aoe that some mention i have no problem at all.You just open from stealth garrote all the mobs and run ruptures and you are golden.If bomb procs you just destroy everything.But even without bomb you can sustain 1.5-2mill cleave dps on trash packs.

My weapons are even ap, sub slightly higher ilvl(943 vs 940) assass slightly better triats(3x ma vs 2x gutripper/1x shadowblades) both use 900 cof or 915 glaives and 920 mast stat stick, shoulders and their respective bracers. I use maiden ring for both and crit vers sub and crit mastery assass. Neck from host. Di bracer. Avatar boots. Assass is better for me on di, maiden, and avatar. I dont think sub smashes assass like most people think it does. They are pretty close, each better in certain situations. This raid tends to favor sub is all mostly due to shruken combo.

Speaking for my gear and my playing not for everyone. I play both, and my conclusion is that assass is entirely viable. Still hate pb tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekroman View Post
    My weapons are even ap, sub slightly higher ilvl(943 vs 940) assass slightly better triats(3x ma vs 2x gutripper/1x shadowblades) both use 900 cof or 915 glaives and 920 mast stat stick, shoulders and their respective bracers. I use maiden ring for both and crit vers sub and crit mastery assass. Neck from host. Di bracer. Avatar boots. Assass is better for me on di, maiden, and avatar. I dont think sub smashes assass like most people think it does. They are pretty close, each better in certain situations. This raid tends to favor sub is all mostly due to shruken combo.

Speaking for my gear and my playing not for everyone. I play both, and my conclusion is that assass is entirely viable. Still hate pb tho.
    I am in a similar situation, though my assassination weapon is miles ahead of my sub weapon. When playing sub i'm unable to get close to my performance as assassination. Of course there are comfort levels and such to take into account, but even so, i believed the hype.

Also, it seems like poison bomb is proccing less than it was earlier in the tier. I get fewer lucky pulls, and have been getting more pulls, even 5min+ pulls with zero procs, which has never happened before.

Yeah, SiN clearly needed these nerfs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#dataset=90

The aura was changed back to the value it currently is on live (7.2.5), there is no nerf.