Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

TLDR speedkills? Gamble more on trinket uptimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Otichaw- View Post
    Hey All
    Now that patch is confirmed, can anyone share if testing has been done for this trinket? Will it be BiS for certain fights?

Sorry I cannot provide a link due to limited posting privilages

Thanks
    Oti
    So basically it has a lot of potential, i ran with class trinket last week and Orb this week on mythic Zakuun and topped damage with a rank 3 as affliction(210k), below 2 other warlocks(223k/213k) who are also using orb of voidsight (Affliction).
    Summary was having 64% up-time on the kill and 41% up-time on the 6% wipe beforehand. Looks pretty good i guess.

This is basically only applicable to farm i guess since over a progress fight it's probably not going to be worth, since our kill was 1:37 this week.
    Still, pretty sure they said that they fixed the RPPM of the trinket with haste scaling like old trinkets used to so maybe i'm just insanely lucky... /roll.

Also, first post on MMO, sup?
    Last edited by mmoc45144b79b4; 2015-12-01 at 11:35 PM.

has anyone managed to get it working in weakauras 2? to show when it does proc?

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to add it by spell ID and not by the proc name. If you do that it will work just fine.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Deleted
    As affliction, and having tested it, switching the classtrinket (HC) for the Orb of Voidsight (since I have mythic warforged DSI and I dont see a reason to change that trinket), I did actually LOSE damage in bosses like Tyrant and Zakuun.

Quote Originally Posted by jjonesssec View Post
    has anyone managed to get it working in weakauras 2? to show when it does proc?
    Code:
    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(aTcqhFyohrdUcVir6EiNzlOSQis3DAPVgpR4KgPpwyAO44ubznG61wVXLQ3zZDAbCKY6lYPvVmglTtBjKr910K7qbO4wbOt910K7cqNCKY6CoBjDOVcNZw6Ex3fu9mNgdlNzonyahMrbN(W3l0oT6Tn15C2s6GnrRuOARh30uh6RW5SLm0z3fu9BikoC6EiNbt5qiUGYcVUhYzdgsE7scV(GHK3UKEAO4G76ElNZwsNwuEOdt5qiUGY6vzPe8qr6El1xttUlarIuCsbOt910K7cqNCKY6CoBjDOVcNZw6Ex3fu9mNgdlNzonyahMrbN(W3l0oT6Tn15C2s6GnrRuOARh30uh6RW5SLm0z3fu9BikoC6EiNbt5qiUGYcVUhYzdgsE7scV(GHK3UKEAO4G76ElNZwsNwuEOdt5qiUGY6anM9c0dfP7TuFnn5UaejsK(o0ZN7aUMni9XcRAVfjT5SWRxf7GAOyerQB9Oa910K7qfBK(yHPHIdmroT6yAjU7wqYvdtKtlSAWuoeYs7ldPS85oi2o6BaQdPcYAanmxlPdw0yGOyPtmOeyZWSlafNuXrQyJegraESBXgK2KrAuteGGarc5grtqejshQNedTyism0cE9Cf3MizRija

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lectric View Post
    As affliction, and having tested it, switching the classtrinket (HC) for the Orb of Voidsight (since I have mythic warforged DSI and I dont see a reason to change that trinket), I did actually LOSE damage in bosses like Tyrant and Zakuun.
    Yes, you have to be fairly lucky with OoV for it to outclass FoDS as Affliction. I thought I played perfectly on Zakuun the other night and was ~20k behind the other lock (very similarly geared). On logs I had 27% uptime on Voidsight and he had 51% (sidenote: similar splits for DSI as well, but that's a different story). Anyway, I'm starting to just stick with FoDS as it really takes the luck out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    Yes, you have to be fairly lucky with OoV for it to outclass FoDS as Affliction. I thought I played perfectly on Zakuun the other night and was ~20k behind the other lock (very similarly geared). On logs I had 27% uptime on Voidsight and he had 51% (sidenote: similar splits for DSI as well, but that's a different story). Anyway, I'm starting to just stick with FoDS as it really takes the luck out of it.
    I tried Orb + DSI as well (once) for Zakuun. Never again. I forgot how big the fragment is for shard generation and ofc i ended up not having shards enough to refresh SB:H. So ontop of Orb proc uptime there's that as well.

Sure it can be the highest possible dps but you sure do need some GREAT rng for that to ever happen
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    I can't post images or links

last nights arch kill - heroic - 3:20 minute fight
    Voidsight uptime
    Druid #1 - 46.5%
    Druid #2 - 39.85%
    Warlock #1 - 32.58% affliction
    Warlock #2 - 22.73% destruction

I guess.... I will go back to class trinket
    On average I think I had 30% or so uptime on other fights....

Quote Originally Posted by Otichaw- View Post
    I can't post images or links

last nights arch kill - heroic - 3:20 minute fight
    Voidsight uptime
    Druid #1 - 46.5%
    Druid #2 - 39.85%
    Warlock #1 - 32.58% affliction
    Warlock #2 - 22.73% destruction

I guess.... I will go back to class trinket
    On average I think I had 30% or so uptime on other fights....
    42% uptime on our latest Archi kill. Don't know why you would ever swap it for the class trinket though.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    42% uptime on our latest Archi kill. Don't know why you would ever swap it for the class trinket though.
    Purely consistency, because I was going through other attempts I had using the Orb, and it was 26% or less, it's been 3 weeks I think I've only used

H-Arch, it seems to work well, and despite my last 32%, I like the Orb there
    M-Velhari, not very convinced and I turn up far behind everyone else... maybe CT is a better option here?
    M-Zakuun, Toss up, short fight in general but good and bad results, maybe here Orb still good?
    M-Mannoroth, I play demo here, and the quality of life with class trinket is preferably to me than the orb, I am still on progression

Strider I guess I'm just worn out of the trinket discussions this tier lol.... I get conflicting information from sites, from friends, from guildies, so MEH

Edit, my class trinket is H-WF 2/2 - just for argument sake
    Last edited by Otichaw-; 2015-12-09 at 07:28 PM.

I have Mythic of every Trinket, and also have a WF IRP as well as a socketed IRP... is there ever a reason or a spec to use them for? I find other trinkets outclass them in every encounter for every spec.

I'm having an issue on trinkets currently. Don't mock my not awesome selection.

For affliction
    H 2/2 DSI
    H 2/2 IRP, N 2/2 Class Trinket, and Orb of Voidsight

For Destro
    H 2/2 DSI
    725 Sandman's Pouch, N 2/2 Class Trinket, Orb of Voidsight, Mythic GSR, H 2/2 IRP.

Trying to figure out what is best. Hopefully Heroic Class Trinket soon. but any input is helpful. I'm tempted to start running the Orb in my second slot, but not sure if my Normal Class Trinket, Pouch and IRP are better. Any help is much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've resolved to playing DSI+Class Trinket for Affliction at all times now. You can try switching Class Trinket for Orb of Voidsight on the Demon fights (Velhari + Zakuun) to see how you like it.

For Destruction, DSI+GSR is still good for non-demon encounters but you could try switching GSR out for Orb of Voidsight on the Demon encounters (Mannoroth + Archimonde).

I'm in a bit in the same boat where i have some leniency in AOEing the imps on manno. But we use a relative stationary tactic.

So i'd thought i'd give destro a try and i'm actually getting better results (My guild's comp usually allows we to get 2 FnB CB's off per imp wave + 2 havoc SB's) than with demo.

In all honesty, it's also easier to pull off since you don't have to micromanage the pet and most of all:

FUCKING DKs L2GRIP IN MY CATA (demo)

(altough i do miss demonic leap)
    made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Demonology on M Mannoroth only works if you have proper crystal clear precision with grips. In my case, I found that a chance of missing your mark with Demo is much greater than with Destruction, which seems to have more generous AoE size with AoE Chaos Bolt, so you can simply precast it on Mannoroth and it will almost always hit all the imps as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    FUCKING DKs L2GRIP IN MY CATA (demo)
    So much this.
    Progression on this fight i swapped from Demo to Destruction for this very reason.
    Although due to having another Demo lock i would rarely get my 2xFnB CB off (unless he got Gaze etc )

On ultrashort ranking fight i'll probably go heirloom + DSI, swapping out my mwf class trinket ( less than 2mins )

I played aff on mythic archi last night and being able to swap dot + haunt on every deathcaller/inferno is really good, shards generation on mwf classtrinket is just insane.

so for me : fast clear DEMON fight : heirloom + DSI, other mythic class trinket ( its WAY better than the hc one )