Thread: Scribe and inks

Deleted

Scribe and inks

Since ppl is using there boosting 100s atm i was going to begin to do the glyph market on ah but what is the easiest and cheapest way to get the inks for the diff glyphs theese days?

Make WoD ink and exchange those for lower version inks at vendors. Not sure if there is a vendor for it on Draenor, but all the home cities have one at least.

Cheapest is level an herbalist and gather all the herbs yourself. Or level to 60 then boost it for free professions.

most wod herbs are 1g or less.. that is well worth it.

Deleted
    So if i buy herbs for 1g or lower..All glyphs will be profitable? more or less?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    glyph market is one of the most annoying things you can get into. Don't expect to list 1-2 times a day and see sales if you are on a mid to high population server because there is always someone undercutting within 10 minutes.
    For me it's not even worth the time but if you are new to the crafting goldmaking then glyph is surely the way to go. Just keep X of each on stock, one TSM group + one operation and you are good to go

I tried this market multiple times (in multiple expansions) but it got really boring after selling 2-3 glyphs and having to retrieve 400 mails

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    glyph market is one of the most annoying things you can get into. Don't expect to list 1-2 times a day and see sales if you are on a mid to high population server because there is always someone undercutting within 10 minutes.
    For me it's not even worth the time but if you are new to the crafting goldmaking then glyph is surely the way to go. Just keep X of each on stock, one TSM group + one operation and you are good to go

I tried this market multiple times (in multiple expansions) but it got really boring after selling 2-3 glyphs and having to retrieve 400 mails
    I can understand that but i am going to give it a go..But to my question..If i buy herbs at a price of 1g a piece..Do i allways make profit? more or less?

Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    I can understand that but i am going to give it a go..But to my question..If i buy herbs at a price of 1g a piece..Do i allways make profit? more or less?
    Theoretically, yes. But there will always be people around that will dump glyphs on the AH below material costs. And there's also popularity and usefulness to consider. Nevertheless, all glyphs require the same amount of inks *. WoD herbs are dirt cheap and can be mass milled. WoD ink is also the only ink you can use for downgrading. There might be occasions were older materials are cheaper on the AH, but they'll take up additional storage, have additional milling time and will give you inks that can only be used for a few glyphs.

* Glyph of Ascendance is the only exception with the 1 Fel Blood component.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    3 ink per glyph = 6 pigments = 15 herbs = 15g

as long as you sell glyph at more than 15g you are making a profit

Deleted
    3 ink per glyph = 6 pigments = 15 herbs = 15g

as long as you sell glyph at more than 15g you are making a profit
    Thank for that..How do i know if i make more with my herbs selling flasks/pots or glyphs tho? Since i got a x amount of herbs and not unlimited i cant use them for both so i wanted to focus on one market and btw am i the only one who hates that u cant realy farm sourceres earth/fire/water/earth..

- - - Updated - - -

And on a sidenote..I see people buying theese cataclyst things from alchemy quite alot from ah on streams etc..Are they doing anything special with them? Since i got like 4k of thoose in my bags >.<
    Last edited by mmoce652a21f10; 2015-11-24 at 12:26 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    catalysts can be used to transmute sorcerous (to earth usually since it's the most expensive of the 4 types) or craft philosopher's stones (5 catalysts + 1 true iron ore = 25.3g from the vendor)

on the glyph vs potions issue, it really depends on your server but generally glyphs have a higher %profit but a smaller market. Just craft 5-20 of every glyph then make potions, glyphs won't have a lot of crafting maintenance after the first stocking

Deleted
    catalysts can be used to transmute sorcerous (to earth usually since it's the most expensive of the 4 types) or craft philosopher's stones (5 catalysts + 1 true iron ore = 25.3g from the vendor)

on the glyph vs potions issue, it really depends on your server but generally glyphs have a higher %profit but a smaller market. Just craft 5-20 of every glyph then make potions, glyphs won't have a lot of crafting maintenance after the first stocking
    Sorry for asking this but i need to know..What glyphs is best to make? Should i make all glyphs that u can make with wod ink or shall i go with downgrading aswell? I have no clue what glyphs is used for other classes etc other than my main lock >.< so it is kinda hard

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for asking this but i need to know..What glyphs is best to make? Should i make all glyphs that u can make with wod ink or shall i go with downgrading aswell? I have no clue what glyphs is used for other classes etc other than my main lock >.< so it is kinda hard
    You're asking too much. Go do some research for the most popular glyphs (use the last 3 words on google) then check prices in your server and see for yourself. There is no definite answer here, or anywhere. Every market is sever dependent and any answer you may get here may be total awsome or total crap for your server. The competition you have on your server will also play a huge role. So, go out use trial and error, research some goldmaking sites and find out yourself.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    check for raiding and pvp glyphs if you can't craft all of them. And yes, you need to craft the lower levels too

Thank for that..How do i know if i make more with my herbs selling flasks/pots or glyphs tho? Since i got a x amount of herbs and not unlimited i cant use them for both so i wanted to focus on one market and btw am i the only one who hates that u cant realy farm sourceres earth/fire/water/earth..

- - - Updated - - -

And on a sidenote..I see people buying theese cataclyst things from alchemy quite alot from ah on streams etc..Are they doing anything special with them? Since i got like 4k of thoose in my bags >.<

I have a feeling this glyph journey will either be a personal gold disaster for you, or that you will ruin the glyph market on your realm :P
    What will make you the most gold? Alchemy or inscription? You will have to check the AH on your own realm and calculate.
    There is no need for you to farm sourceres - there should be a lot on AH for you to use.

Is it usually server dependent of which type of profession, and what type of items we collect can provide a greater return for us? That's really interesting where there is no one size fit solution for every realm.