Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Frost mages are completely different case, they have multiple instances of CC (that often breaks on damage by the way) on different cooldowns. But by no means mages CC is "spammable". Heck, my fire mage have only two decent CC spells - frostjaw and dragon breath, one has cast time and breaks on damage - other have significant CD, huge chunk of my damage and breaks on damage.

I would say that warlocks have more spammable CC than mages, with their fear, horror, stuns and silences
    Obviously, frost mages are out of this "complaint". They are who have more survival and crowd control tools at their disposal (although they can always be improved).

That's why I say that the fire and arcane mages need a miracle (or rather several) to reach the level of frost mages ... and yet I could not even imagine how they could compete with the other classes, which unfortunately, will continue to lead the way in many fields (PvP survival, soloing or even questing).

Glyph of regenerative ice is our only healz.

I just try to get out of combat so i can eat my mage food, and also first aid bandages, lolz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaarrllee3000 View Post
    Glyph of regenerative ice is our only healz.

I just try to get out of combat so i can eat my mage food, and also first aid bandages, lolz.
    Getting removed in Legion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    mage the only class who haven't heal in his baseline. All other dps classes - have. Also dumb shit about "avoid damage" always make me laugh. Rogue avoid damage MUCH better. Same for locks. Why this classes have tons of heal? And also much more cc if count.

10+ Year Old Account
    rogue and warlocks are more about "mitigating" damage, not avoiding it. Standing in shit while feinting is not avoiding damage, it's mitigating it. Timing invis to completely ignore damage from an ability - avoiding. To solve the issue of despawning shit while going invis - a glyph could be used that would drop a dummy to keep someone busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    I started considering flameglow good lately. It's not strong per se, but it's unfair having no base mitigation compared to others. With it up there is 0 management for defenses while in several fights it can make you feel much more robust.

Deleted
    yep, try to avoid damage from a zerging feral druid with incarnation/berserk up, root doesnt work they just shapeshift that shit. Poly doesnt work, Slow doesnt work etc etc and with out any selfheals, we are doomed. how are we going to avoid damage from a feral druid? -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaumas12 View Post
    yep, try to avoid damage from a zerging feral druid with incarnation/berserk up, root doesnt work they just shapeshift that shit. Poly doesnt work, Slow doesnt work etc etc and with out any selfheals, we are doomed. how are we going to avoid damage from a feral druid? -.-
    Yes! I would like that those who believe that mages are in a good place to respond to that question precisely ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Yes! I would like that those who believe that mages are in a good place to respond to that question precisely ...
    Dont play PvP. Or what answer would you like to hear? That some battle pets are clearly OP? The game lays focus to PvE. That doesn't mean its the only part. All it means is that its main focus lays here. Other parts are also part of the game but sometimes have to have some flaws. Also you could argue that if your only problem is 1 out of 34 specs then mage must be really in a good shape.

Deleted
    tbh defenses are better than heals.

The only problem is the devs have an unrealistic image about our defensive/evasive capabilities.

That dev saying that mages are middle of the pack when it comes to self healing though.

Deleted
    Mages are in a very good spot atm, both in PvP and PvE.

I am also very frustrated with our lack of self healing - but saying we lack control is not true We have arguably the best CC in the game. DF, Novas, Frostjaw/Ring and Poly are extremely good tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Mages are a terrible PvP class never seen in high ranked games based on this one fact alone..... Honestly other classes looking in on this forum with real PvP issues must laugh at the minor shit you're moaning about.
    Frost Mages are so strong in PvP, and you're latching onto one of very few occasions when they can't faceroll somebody, and blowing it out of all proportion as if the entire class is beyond broken.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-11-20 at 11:29 AM.

Isnt rmp or rmd one of the top 3s comps since like........forever

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    rogue and warlocks are more about "mitigating" damage, not avoiding it. Standing in shit while feinting is not avoiding damage, it's mitigating it. Timing invis to completely ignore damage from an ability - avoiding. To solve the issue of despawning shit while going invis - a glyph could be used that would drop a dummy to keep someone busy
    Invis also frequently fails. Since most players are using DoTs or ranged attacks, any of that will disrupt invis instantly if its already on you or on its way to hitting you (most cases for wanting to use invis). Also, the glyph of greater invis frequently fails. I know of rogues and druids that have a similar issue with cloaking--perhaps this is uniform.

Regenerative Ice is really the only thing we have going for us 1v1. Combine shitty absorbs and terrible baseline survivability with most other classes having heals while using stuns that can't be broken on damage (like most of ours), not to mention spell locking which, since mage specs rely almost entirely on one spell school cheats us out of everything... Blink only works once to get you out and you're fucked. Most of our core skills have cast bars which are all interruptable.

Lol.

But I won't sit here and say we don't do ridiculous damage. We do. But there are other specs that can easily compete if not outright beat us while having superior CC, self heals, pets, multiple play roles, etc.