Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Raiding hasn't evolved enough

Unlike other video games, to be good in WoW you have to commit to a really serious, hardcore video game schedule.

Not talking about to be a mythic archimonde kill in the first few months good but even just to see content at a reasonable pace.

Many of us might have had time to dedicate to the game when we were in college or in our younger years but now the game is 10 years old. It isn't bringing in any new players.

This whole "commit 3-4+ days of your week to a video game" is really not doable anymore.

It's time for the game to evolve. There should be a way to see content at the highest level without committing to a video game schedule. Is there any other game where this is the case? In a MOBA, fps, racing game, fighting game etc etc, you play when you have the time and yet you can still see it at the highest level.

With WoW it's either you raid on normal or maybe heroic difficulty if you can pug or you can raid mythic but then you must commit to a video game schedule.

The game is just going to continue going downhill if this is what raiding is. People want to live their lives and Blizz seriously can't expect them to still raid this much and at the same days every week.

4% of players have cleared half of mythic HFC almost half a year after its release. Less than 1% for its final boss.

This isn't sustainable.

I think what you're looking for is LFR. Not even trolling, that's why it is there. It's there for people who can't put in a lot of hours or days.

Top end raiding has always been for the top 1% and that's how it's always going to be. Until all of the top guilds in the world decide to stop doing what they do, nothing is going to change. It wouldn't make sense for blizzard to do away with mythic or heroic.

edit: and if you think wow is losing subs because of top end raiding being what it is, then I think you're wrong. I don't have any way to prove that, and neither do you. That's just our opinion.
    Last edited by Gurushock; 2015-11-15 at 07:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is literally 3hours a week and you get to see the "content". Might wanna check that out if u dont have time to commit. Dont ruin stuff for other just cause you dont have time for it. Also i doubt you get to see "top level play" in other games either by playing hour here and there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Unlike other video games, to be good in WoW you have to commit to a really serious, hardcore video game schedule.

Not talking about to be a mythic archimonde kill in the first few months good but even just to see content at a reasonable pace.

Many of us might have had time to dedicate to the game when we were in college or in our younger years but now the game is 10 years old. It isn't bringing in any new players.

This whole "commit 3-4+ days of your week to a video game" is really not doable anymore.

It's time for the game to evolve. There should be a way to see content at the highest level without committing to a video game schedule. Is there any other game where this is the case? In a MOBA, fps, racing game, fighting game etc etc, you play when you have the time and yet you can still see it at the highest level.

With WoW it's either you raid on normal or maybe heroic difficulty if you can pug or you can raid mythic but then you must commit to a video game schedule.

The game is just going to continue going downhill if this is what raiding is. People want to live their lives and Blizz seriously can't expect them to still raid this much and at the same days every week.

4% of players have cleared half of mythic HFC almost half a year after its release. Less than 1% for its final boss.

This isn't sustainable.
    I commit 6 hours a week for wow raiding. And thats with a kid and a gf + a job.

Its all about how you manage your time

There are casual guilds that raid 1-2 days in a week with really solid progress. You don't need to give up your social life or free times to have good raid progression in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I commit 6 hours a week for wow raiding. And thats with a kid and a gf + a job.

Its all about how you manage your time
    this x1000. knowing how to manage your time and being honest with yourself and not deluding yourself into thinking youre better than you actually are. biggest thing to help anyone in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by Gurushock View Post
    I think what you're looking for is LFR. Not even trolling, that's why it is there. It's there for people who can't put in a lot of hours or days
    The problem is LFR trivializes every aspect of raiding and why it's a good form of entertainment. Not wanting to be locked down by a schedule doesn't mean the bosses had to be nerfed.
    WoD MIA for No Flight
    ------------------------------
    MayMay

10+ Year Old Account
    Think about it?

I want to get a high rank in the leaderboards on Forza or I want to play with some of the best players on CoD, Halo, Battlefront etc.
    Do I need to dedicate 4 evenings of week to do so?

Nope. Not even close.

When I have time during the week I would hop on my Ps4,XboxOne, PC and just play for a bit. It's not like my sessions need to be 3-4 hours in length either.

I can play for an hr then go make dinner. Come back play for 30 minutes. Go exercise. Watch some tv then play a little more before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    LFR is literally 3hours a week and you get to see the "content". Might wanna check that out if u dont have time to commit. Dont ruin stuff for other just cause you dont have time for it. Also i doubt you get to see "top level play" in other games either by playing hour here and there.
    can almost promise you that for 3 hours you get to see more queue than content.
    normal is average far quicker even with random group than LFR overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    The problem is LFR trivializes every aspect of raiding and why it's a good form of entertainment. Not wanting to be locked down by a schedule doesn't mean the bosses had to be nerfed.
    ^This Back during WoTLK I used to see pugs doing ICC all the time and when I first heard of LFR I though it was simply going to be an easy way to get into a pug, not a new difficulty. Oh how wrong I was and the first time I killed Deathwing in LFR it wasn't nearly as satisfying as I thought it would be, sure it was nice that I got to see the end boss of a Xpack which I didn't have the chance to in WotLK but something was missing and it just wasn't the same feeling that I got from downing bosses with my guild in ICC
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    LFR is literally 3hours a week and you get to see the "content".
    You'll spend literally 3 hours in queue, and literally 3 hours on Archimonde alone. Literally.

Literally.
    Edit: Literally.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    can almost promise you that for 3 hours you get to see more queue than content.
    normal is average far quicker even with random group than LFR overall.
    LFR is 3 hours maybe, but how much of that is actual raiding.
    I play another game and there's a short bit of loading screens and matchmaking but for the most part, I'm playing the game.

LFR really is not seeing content either. I can literally just afk about and the mechanics and damage is so watered down.

So what then? Make it easier? It's not like you're forced to join a scheduale, there's just no one who wants to pug that hard content

I commit only 2 nights a week and progress perfectly fine...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I commit only 2 nights a week and progress perfectly fine...
    Even if this were true (looking at my server, most 2 nights a week guilds are progressing really slow), there are barely any 2 nights a week raiding guilds compared to 3/4 + night raiding guilds.

Think about it?

I want to get a high rank in the leaderboards on Forza or I want to play with some of the best players on CoD, Halo, Battlefront etc.

Nope. Not even close.

When I have time during the week I would hop on my Ps4,XboxOne, PC and just play for a bit. It's not like my sessions need to be 3-4 hours in length either.

I can play for an hr then go make dinner. Come back play for 30 minutes. Go exercise. Watch some tv then play a little more before bed.
    I would love to know what popular games I can play 1-5 hours a week and be good enough to post top scores or be good enough to play with professionals...

I don't see how you can reasonably expect to put minimal time into anything and expect to get "high ranks." Seriously. If someone plays basketball / CoD / WoW / LoL / Chess / Solitaire 50+ hours a week and someone else plays 1-5 hours a week, I would expect the person who plays more to be much, much better... unless the game literally involves no skill.

How can you expect to put in an hour here and there and expect to get high ranks? I don't expect to start playing League of Legends for an hour or two here and there and then all of a sudden I am queuing into professional LoL players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how many players in those games, and if the rank is world count (instead of regional), you are probably in the same % area in WoW or other games if you invest similar amount of time.

I don't get it. You want to be able to play with the highest ranking WoW players by making the game easier so that more people are highest ranking WoW players? Can't you just settle for people who are at the same skill level as you and let other people do their thing?

And also, why do the new players have to be in the same age group as the old players? Could they not be in the age group those old players were in when they started? Wouldn't that void your whole argument?

Deleted
    Even if this were true (looking at my server, most 2 nights a week guilds are progressing really slow), there are barely any 2 nights a week raiding guilds compared to 3/4 + night raiding guilds.
    it doesnt matter how many there are when you only need one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Depends how many players in those games, and if the rank is world count (instead of regional), you are probably in the same % area in WoW or other games if you invest similar amount of time.
    Excluding the top players who in both cases make the game their hobby, it's simply not comparable at all. I can have very high level competition in many other games without having to dedicate as much time and especially, commit to a video game schedule. It's no surprise that the game has half of the subscribers that it had at the start of the Xpac and way way less than back in the day of WoTLK.