Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Theoretically , the paladin has a skill called Speed ​​of Light then it would be possible he " teleport " haha

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    If you want to look at some reference to see how it makes sense just look at the crusader's Falling Sword from diablo 3. They're basically pallies and they can port too.
    If we are animation locked for 3 seconds like the crusader.....i already can hear the shitstorm........

One thing I can say is this will be an amazing raid spell. Warlock teleport and Heroic Leap are both insanely useful in raids, and I expect this to be as well. The real question will be how long the telepoint lasts before you "have" to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's probably going to be that warlock/monk teleport with better range. I hope not, I'll never pick it if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinima Shawn View Post
    ... which made sense, because Warlocks dabble in magic...
    Paladins use magic all the time.
    And now they teleport using the same magic. I don't see the problem here. I actually think a "hand of god" striking down in a flash of light type attack is very "paladiny", if that is how they will implement it.
    Mother pus bucket!

tbh I don't know how to feel about this, if its a charge or a dash I think it'll be ok but a flat out teleport doesn't seem very paladin like at all
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

some people are right in this thread:

lothar was a warrior and even he was a good friend of turalyon, a spell called "lothars might" is a warrior thing not a paladin thing.

teleports as fantasy for ret paladins is totally fail.

teleport isnt a gap closer. its more of a utility spell, as long as it dont work like the rogue cap closer teleport.

Yeah now that I think about it going to be crap if this requires two gcd's and travel time for the sword....

Quote Originally Posted by RagnorZ View Post
    Yeah now that I think about it going to be crap if this requires two gcd's and travel time for the sword....
    They haven't yet said how long hte sword stays in the ground or whether it requires 1 or 2 GCDs. Maybe throwing it costs a GCD and teleporting doesn't, or the opposite. Lasting 3-5 sec vs. 30 sec makes a big difference too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont care if its teleport or falling from the sky or taking a bus to the target it needs to be fluid. I want to be on my target when i use my gap closer not where he was 3 seconds ago.

Why not instead of giving a gap closer to paladins they give a ranged attack cooldown.

Your melee attacks become ranged for a while and a example for crusader strike - you strike so hard that you unleash a flying slash of holy energy at the enemy while under the buff.

It keeps the same damage on each spell you use but just allowing you to cast them from upto 40 yards or something for 5-10-15 seconds with the appropriate cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I dont care if its teleport or falling from the sky or taking a bus to the target it needs to be fluid. I want to be on my target when i use my gap closer not where he was 3 seconds ago.
    What if you can just double click in a single GCD?

Very certain it will be a delay on the teleport. Not insta

Hopefully not, this sounds really cool. I love the thought of a gap closer for paladins. Let's see what we have on the beta when we have access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakinpacman View Post
    Why not instead of giving a gap closer to paladins they give a ranged attack cooldown.

Your melee attacks become ranged for a while and a example for crusader strike - you strike so hard that you unleash a flying slash of holy energy at the enemy while under the buff.

It keeps the same damage on each spell you use but just allowing you to cast them from upto 40 yards or something for 5-10-15 seconds with the appropriate cooldown.
    Because that wouldn't fix anything and they want to move away from Paladins having ranged attacks
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

So in the regard of Turalyon's Might (because its being renamed) here is why the fantasy fits. It's not just some "teleport" its not a blink, its not a Demonic Circle, its very specific with how it works.

Tyreal in HotS throws a blade to a target location then teleports to it in a flash of light. In our regard think us throwing to a location our weapon then in a blaze of holy light show up there with that light doing damage to stuff around us. There are abilities similar to this for paladins in DnD and other material. Not always the same in function but the way they are going about this fits okay.

Now if they are giving up our slow ability for this then I would have to say we need a lower CD on this OR it should apply a slow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leolis View Post
    So in the regard of Turalyon's Might (because its being renamed) here is why the fantasy fits. It's not just some "teleport" its not a blink, its not a Demonic Circle, its very specific with how it works.

Tyreal in HotS throws a blade to a target location then teleports to it in a flash of light. In our regard think us throwing to a location our weapon then in a blaze of holy light show up there with that light doing damage to stuff around us. There are abilities similar to this for paladins in DnD and other material. Not always the same in function but the way they are going about this fits okay.

Now if they are giving up our slow ability for this then I would have to say we need a lower CD on this OR it should apply a slow as well.
    See the datamined tooltip
    Turalyon's Might: Flings a blade of holy light to the target location, dealing 1 Holy damage instantly and every 2 seconds to enemies within 8 yds for8 sec.
    Re-activating the ability will cause the Paladin to charge to the blade, damaging enemies in the area for 1 Holy damage, ending the effect.
    It also does damage around teh area where you threw your sword. So like Light's hammer only on second use you CHARGE to that place.
    So maybe this is a PVE talent where we use it to damage enemies, because who needs a slow in PVE?

PVP can have hand of hindrance, PVE will take Turalyon's Might.

+Steed Charge for all?
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    See the datamined tooltip

It also does damage around teh area where you threw your sword. So like Light's hammer only on second use you CHARGE to that place.
    So maybe this is a PVE talent where we use it to damage enemies, because who needs a slow in PVE?

PVP can have hand of hindrance, PVE will take Turalyon's Might.

+Steed Charge for all?
    Steed Charge according to wowhead is Protection.

Edit: Hand of Hindrance is 70% slow for 10 sec, which is pretty massive. I can see that being used on some fights as they basically removed 70% slows.

I'd love this spell if it had the animation that the D3 Crusader spell Falling Sword has.