Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vzz View Post
    Returning for what? To harvest the same content for next 10 months?
    Rather getting passive gold from garrisons while paying for token - but given token prices it will end sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, personally I have a hard time believing that this price spike is due to natural causes of players coming into the game. Not in an 8 hour span on a lazy Sunday evening.

From a statistical perspective - it is indeed an anomaly.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well, personally I have a hard time believing that this price spike is due to natural causes of players coming into the game. Not in an 8 hour span on a lazy Sunday evening.
    People getting the news on the anniversary gift !!Oh shit, buys token!!

I really doubt people are coming back with cash for anniversary gift, if you can get it with gold, cool, if not - ef that!

Deleted
    Sadly that's not how Hype works. Those guys will play a while and stop because it is the same thing they already did months ago. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe you mean 8-9 months. depeding on what part of summer.

As well, some join for new PvP season. Others for joining friends, some for hunting things they miss before legion - completely other side might just be to use their boost.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Lol it actually went above the chart scale on wowtoken.info for US realms. I remember these tokens selling for as little as 18k back in April-May on US. Now they're almost three times as much. Incredible.

EU token is also rising, altho not as hard. It's now 65k and constantly rising at +1,5%/h rate. It won't be long until it hits 70k+. Garrison gold generation is just too extreme and the 6.2 nerf barely did anything to curb it. I'm back to pre-nerf garrison gold levels now, having leveled up 2 more alts and perfected my TH setup since it came out. Shipyard also got a hotfix, granting account-wide high gold missions from it (they used to be character specific, you had to farm Capitan Ironbeard for the damn ghastly scope or whatever the hell it was). Combined total (follower talbe + shipyard + JC quests + inscription vendorable greys) I make about 100k gold a week from garrison which is batshit crazy if you think about this.

That's the reward for staying subbed in WoD: lining your pockets with mountains of easy gold. I will almost certainly hit 10 million by the end of WoD. Legion might curb gold making a lot: garrison gold missions removed, professions requiring farming recipes (instead of being simple yet effective cooldowns), no more passive sources of gold, possibly nerfed old content gold? I don't want to be there in Legion stuck with low bankroll.

alot of pvpers returned the last couple of days hoping they'd get glad rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    EU token is also rising, altho not as hard. It's now 65k and constantly rising at +1,5%/h rate. It won't be long until it hits 70k+.
    you think? US is constantly on the rise since september but EU seems to have stabilized again couple weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    supply and demand nothing more

someone has to pay $$ for that token for another to buy it with gold. It could be that # of tokens went down and # of people buying due to 6.2.3 went up.
    Yeah, the thing is the sheer scale of the variation. The last time there was this much of a fluctuation on the US token price was back in May. Since then it has been steadily rising, this spike is very much breaking the pattern that has been present the past several months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Ray III View Post
    you think? US is constantly on the rise since september but EU seems to have stabilized again couple weeks ago.
    US has gone 34k -> 45k in 12 hours, EU has barely budged .

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Deleted
    currency fluctuations at a guess. Before you get bent out of shape over which region costs more please bear in mind how much your own currency is worth against a different region. Fore example , £ / $ exchange rate is roughly 1.5 -1 so my £15 token would be roughly $22.50 or work that out in gold 60k g would be 40k on a us server ?

either way it could be the sudden rush for them or somebodies algo at blizz hq is causing panic in the markets

Blizzard has modified the formula for calculating the price several times; you can see it for yourself if you zoom out enough on wowtoken.info. It makes me wonder if that's even legal, seeing as it's tied to real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Blizzard has modified the formula for calculating the price several times;
    Nothing since the tokens came out has been a statistical aberration - until today. So no, nothing systemic has altered before today.

yep, eu started at 45k i think? and now we almost at 65k, so im glad american sub is getting more expensive :/

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    EU token is also rising, altho not as hard. It's now 65k and constantly rising at +1,5%/h rate. It won't be long until it hits 70k+.
    EU is still within bounds, though. The US rise is completely bonkers. EU is basically what you would expect from a pre-patch increase.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    From a statistical perspective - it is indeed an anomaly.
    It's almost like 300k people just got unbanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It makes me wonder if that's even legal, seeing as it's tied to real money.
    What's illegal about setting the price for a service?

Nice that I just saw this thread though, I'm going to pop on before bed and flip a few tokens for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I believe you mean 8-9 months. depeding on what part of summer.

As well, some join for new PvP season. Others for joining friends, some for hunting things they miss before legion - completely other side might just be to use their boost.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they delay Legion even far beyond summer justifying it by their "quality not quantity" excuse. I really have a bad feeling about Legion's release date after what Blizzcon has shown to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagorath View Post
    I'm pretty sure EU prices will blow up too, just you wait.
    I hope so the tokens are not worth 20 euro until they reach 100k imo