Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    From the US, born with debt, could have WoW but why at this point, money better spent on anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by treclol View Post
    Not really broke. I make a bit above 33€/h.
    I spend most of it in alcohol, drugs and partying, and the rest I just waste.
    So jelly.

Student aid for me, ~670€/mo

So broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    So jelly.

Student aid for me, ~670€/mo

So broke.

You rich bastard.

460 €/month here with 370 € rent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so broke I was only able to give out 1 copy of Fallout 4 to people on MMO-C this weekend
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Deleted
    I have 17.000 euro on the bank and I'm living off of the 110 euro I get from the government to study (and I still live at home) so I've got that going for me which is nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    what the fuck do you do for almost 2000 euro per hour and what the fuck...
    its not 2k, its almost 2 eu/h >.>
    Last edited by Doomaz; 2015-11-16 at 03:39 PM.

Wow is one of the cheapest forms of entertainment there is at cost per hour. If you can't afford it you're probably doing something wrong.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

My husband is in the Navy, and makes about 30k a year. He's an E5 (petty officer, 2nd class), Aviation Electrician. I'm a homemaker, as I'm a type I Diabetic, and I'm going to the doctor more often then not. And before anyone decides to accuse me of being overweight. Type I Diabetes is caused by an autoimmune disorder that attacks the pancreas, usually during childhood. I was diagnosed in 96, when I was 8. I have it under control, but winter time is hell for me. I get sick a lot.

Easier for me just to do all the errands, deal with Tricare, and other crap. Already have health insurance through Tricare... so don't pay a lot for that either. We're used to living modestly, and we pay on quite a few bills... so... the money goes elsewhere.

We live in decent base housing (where his basic housing allowance goes), and... the utilities are kind of paid for. Essentially... if everyone in our neighborhood uses less, and so do we... they calculate the average of all the bills, and tack that on as credit. It's not a lot, but it adds up over time. We only pay for electricity and gas. And we don't use a lot of either :P So I don't have to pay my utility bill... only during winter time when it's cold as hell outside (I live on Whidbey Island, WA. North of Seattle.)

And with the NEX and commissary close by. No sales tax on food or anything. Have two cars... insurance on both, some debt, internet, and whatever game (right now, swtor) we're playing... that we're paying on.

When he's deployed... depending on the location... that's when he really can rack up per diem. But it depends on the place. Somewhere like Bahrain won't pay a lot per day, but Japan will.

He joined for the healthcare... and semi free education once he's done his first term. He's going to complete his bachelor's, then apply for limited officer training. I'm going to go back to school soon to get my RN once I get a medical issue sorted out. Looking forward to it
    Last edited by Felicia; 2015-11-16 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I ended up paying for a friend to keep playing WoW cuz for some reason the tokens went up insane in gold tonight and MMOs aren't what they used to be so you value what few friends you have left.

It made me wonder , if he honestly can't afford $15/mo and I'm broke as fuck , how the hell can anyone be more broke than me?

I gotta pay my phone bill, appartment , utilities, etc, and live off of $10.30 an hour, but at least I get 40 hour weeks MOST times and I do get paid weekly.

I live in Oregon so no taxes or anything.. aside from out of my check, oh and I also claim zero.

So how fucked are you? Just curious cuz I thought I was broke but damn if you can't afford a spare 15/mo
    Is your friend unemployed? That is one case where $15 matters a lot. Unemployment is terrifying if you are not the independent kind, or if you have mouths to feed. Where I live $15 buys you enough pasta and rice for one person, to cook for a month. No condiments, though.

I'm so broke I live with my mother. And she's broke too. But I still get about 30 dollars from her every month. Hopefully I'll be able to turn in my thesis soon to be able to earn some proper money of my own, as there's no welfare in the country I live in, and the taxes are insanely high.

I think the only reason Im not broke is because I like to spend 99% of my spare time at home playing games or watching Netflix lol.. I don't have bf, pets, only a few friends and I dont like going out much so yeah.. I only spend money on the monthly bills, taxes, groceries and the occasional dinner out with one of my girlfriends.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by This Sesshomaru View Post
    I think the only reason Im not broke is because I like to spend 99% of my spare time at home playing games or watching Netflix lol.. I don't have bf, pets, only a few friends and I dont like going out much so yeah.. I only spend money on the monthly bills, taxes, groceries and the occasional dinner out with one of my girlfriends.
    yep, pretty similar for me, the only spare money i spend is on fridays on beer :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    there's no welfare in the country I live in, and the taxes are insanely high.
    How the hell does that even work then? How do they justify the taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    How the hell does that even work then? How do they justify the taxes?
    I don't know how it works on his country, but on mine people don't complain, the ones who do are considered "radical reactionist" that doesn't think of the poor people. Mine country does have a welfare state, but it is VERY small, still it is enough to keep the populist government in place.

On topic: I earn quite a decent amount of money, but I don't have that much money left, since I am paying for my house right now (and its forniture) and my girlfriend and I like to eat healthy (which is quite expensive, e.g.: one bottle of juice costs about 3 times a bottle of soda). So, I don't struggle to pay for WoW, but after this whole year, my "extra" expending will be a nintendo 3DS and a few games.

Deleted
    well i have savings, but no income!

student and im not working! but i still have expenses such as bills, rent, car insurance, gas etc then any luxuries.

so kinda broke, i have to be careful with how i spend money, but im quite comfortable in the fact i estimate my savings can last the next year and a half of my studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    That sounds wierd without an "and" in between ...
    I agree... a straight "/" between two things usually means "and/or"...

On point, I'm usually living paycheck to paycheck. It's rare when I don't get below $100 in my account each month. On the brightside, I am paying a mortgage... meet all my needs... and can indulge in some of my wants. Maybe not the greatest way to go but I expect to die before retire so why not live a little on the way to the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Living in East-Europe is also 10 times cheaper than living in the USA or West-Europe....
    ye how about no - food cost in easter eu is very similiar to this in western same with prices for electronics/cars (excluding countires like norway/sweaden because there life is expensive even for western eu standards but they make it up with very high salaries ) - the only thing that may be cheaper is rent

and about being broke - i honetly dont udnerstand people who are jobless for long time - i had no problem to find part time jobs during university finish one major then start night/weekend courses while working full time - in 18 till 28 years old time frame i had one 3-4 months break without a job but that was when i decided to change career path and took longer holidays from work after 3 years of working non stop without any holidays. (and even then i was very active i.e mountain climbing , made 700 km bicycle trip , went cayaking for few days.)
    and the decision about changing it was spot on as when i found new one i doubled my salary from previous one

for me its matter of attitude towards life some people are just born with alpha type mentality where they want to win in life and some just wait for mirackle to happen instead tryign to fight for it themselves.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-11-16 at 06:11 PM.

Electrician, Denmark i earn about 70euro/h but then taxes comes to rape me so i really earn about 30euro/h

Wow, I'm surprised so many people making absolutely nothing have money to spend on luxuries such as internet, a working PC/Laptop, games and a subscription. When I made minimum wage and a little above it I lived like a hermit, saved money and paid off my student loans. All I had to my name was an apartment, my phone and 10 bucks for 'fun'. Now that I actually have disposable income and no debt outside of a mortgage I can actually afford to do things.

This really is the entitled generation that thinks they should be able to buy whatever they want, plow themselves into massive debt and expect to live like a CEO off of a minimum wage job. It's no wonder people call us millennials grown children.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised so many people making absolutely nothing have money to spend on luxuries such as internet, a working PC/Laptop, games and a subscription. When I made minimum wage and a little above it I lived like a hermit, saved money and paid off my student loans. All I had to my name was an apartment, my phone and 10 bucks for 'fun'. Now that I actually have disposable income and no debt outside of a mortgage I can actually afford to do things.

This really is the entitled generation that thinks they should be able to buy whatever they want, plow themselves into massive debt and expect to live like a CEO off of a minimum wage job. It's no wonder people call us millennials grown children.
    Student loans? You think you get to go to school when you can't afford it an need a loan.....

Such entitlement in you little babbies these days.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.