Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Wow, just wow. Now, I am a big hater of alot of all this feminist shit that gets spouted about at the moment, but even I know that they are not OURS.
    I'm not sure what you're on about. That term is used all the time and perfectly acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Yeah, some women know they're being abused and still stay.

Have to make sure there are ways out for them in the form of shelters, counseling, rehabilitation etc.
    There are. Often those women refuse help. You can't help those who won't accept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Yeah, some women know they're being abused and still stay.
    Have to make sure there are ways out for them in the form of shelters, counseling, rehabilitation etc.
    I totally agree, but your question is what can be done, and I am saying as appalling as the situation is, legally there really isn't too much more that can be done at least NOT without taking away the woman's fundamental rights to choose how she wants to live, which in and of itself can be harmful.

At some point it falls back socially to people, and society in large to take up from where the law stops. Which is also why it is important to recognize that is important to condemn guys like this and support women seeing their value as being more than tied to to men, especially guys like this.

Well Unless you are like me, and think this dude should have been neutered the very first time he decided to physically abuse someone, and put under 24/7 surveillance. :P

Where is Judge Dredd when we need him!
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2015-11-16 at 04:56 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Wow, just wow. Now, I am a big hater of alot of all this feminist shit that gets spouted about at the moment, but even I know that they are not OURS.
    I see you haven't met Tennisace before lol. He has a very personal brand of feminism, it's suspected that it's more of a mask they don in order to pick up chicks.

On the topic at hand though, no idea how he avoided prison, real shit stain of a human being.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2015-11-16 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I see you haven't met Tennisace before lol. He has a very personal brand of feminism, it's suspected that it's more of a mask they don in order to pick up chicks.

On the topic at hand though, no idea how he avoided prison, real shit stain of a human being.
    Honestly, if you look at his post history he goes through phases. One period he will be super misogynist, then months later hes super feminist.

He didn't "go free". The article outright says he's been sentenced for 2 years in prison. It's just that the judge is a moron and suspended the sentence. Still doesn't make him free, given how he is subject to probation supervision. And this weirdass course (and alcohol treatment). The sentence itself is on the short side I'd say, but I'm not sure how much damage the woman incurred. However, given his recidivism, the sentence should be lengthened anyway and it shouldn't be suspended. Suspension is for first time offenders, not for someone who was in conflict with the law for similar reasons almost 20 times over the course of over a decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    But is she still in a relationship with him? Cause that's always what strikes me odd about women beaten by men, they always stay in the relationship.
    Always?
    Always?
    What?
    That's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Honestly, if you look at his post history he goes through phases. One period he will be super misogynist, then months later hes super feminist.
    I think he's both at the same time, all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    There's only one phase and its name is trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I think he's both at the same time, all the time.
    Maybe you're both right :O What if in the past there were two Tennisaces that merged recently?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Maybe you're both right :O What if in the past there were two Tennisaces that merged recently?
    Only just a theory, but I think you're on to something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    There are. Often those women refuse help. You can't help those who won't accept it.
    Yes and part of it is an education issue. Making sure our women are better aware of what help is out there and what to do if their man abuses them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Only just a theory, but I think you're on to something.
    Are we talking with the good or with the evil twin now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, he's on probation supervision. Isn't that a "Do anything remotely criminal once, and you're jailed for the original term plus a new one"-deal?

If that's the case, then it's intellectual dishonesty to blabber about him being "spared jail". because this violent dude with a history of dickishness needs to act like a human being for two years, which he is apparently incapable of, anyway.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I'm curious why the headline is "Bodybuilder spared jail..." instead of "Man spared jail..". Is the fact this dude likes to pick stuff up and put it back down relevant to the story? I didn't any references to roid rage even implied in the story. I just seems odd to me, I guess. If I beat a woman, would the headline say, "Fat ass couch potato spared jail.."?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I totally agree, but your question is what can be done, and I am saying as appalling as the situation is, legally there really isn't too much more that can be done at least NOT without taking away the woman's fundamental rights to choose how she wants to live, which in and of itself can be harmful.

At some point it falls back socially to people, and society in large to take up from where the law stops. Which is also why it is important to recognize that is important to condemn guys like this and support women seeing their value as being more than tied to to men, especially guys like this.

Well Unless you are like me, and think this dude should have been neutered the very first time he decided to physically abuse someone, and put under 24/7 surveillance. :P

Where is Judge Dredd when we need him!
    I remember hearing of a real life situation where a woman was stuck in a situation like this. It was really sad to hear. We ended up discussing that staying in a relationship like this is just not the way to go. You have to look at your options and not just try to keep it to yourself.

Part of it has got to be the woman's confidants not just telling her to "tough it out" and "stay loyal to your man."

However the victim, who now lives elsewhere under a different name, was "vulnerable" and "dependent", the prosecutor said, and told police she didn't want Pelz to go to prison. He told officers that she had struck him first.
    Doesn't really look like judge has as much to do with it as you think. In the American justice system, the victim has a lot of clout when it comes to sentencing (as long as they're being reasonable obviously). If the victim doesn't want the perp to go to jail, what are you supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Wait, he's on probation supervision. Isn't that a "Do anything remotely criminal once, and you're jailed for the original term plus a new one"-deal?

If that's the case, then it's intellectual dishonesty to blabber about him being "spared jail". because this violent dude with a history of dickishness needs to act like a human being for two years, which he is apparently incapable of, anyway.
    *Looks at the part in bold* *Looks at the OP* It's almost as if there was an established history between the two :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I'm curious why the headline is "Bodybuilder spared jail..." instead of "Man spared jail..". Is the fact this dude likes to pick stuff up and put it back down relevant to the story? I didn't any references to roid rage even implied in the story. I just seems odd to me, I guess. If I beat a woman, would the headline say, "Fat ass couch potato spared jail.."?
    There's a big difference between being beaten up by a scrawny 5 foot 7 wimp and a bodybuilder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    Doesn't really look like judge has as much to do with it as you think. In the American justice system, the victim has a lot of clout when it comes to sentencing (as long as they're being reasonable obviously). If the victim doesn't want the perp to go to jail, what are you supposed to do?
    The judge has the power to sentence regardless of what the victim wants.