Need new monitor

So I am in the market for a new monitor and quite frankly I'm overwhelmed by all the options.

My budget is $300-$400 but I could go as high as $500 for a really really good monitor.

I mainly play WoW, other mmo's and a bit of Cs and other shooters so I think that color/viewing angles would be more important and from the research I have done that means IPS would be more important than 120/144hz. I also really want a 27 inch monitor that can do 2560x1440 if possible.

Also I really like ASUS and BenQ (I've heard they are overpriced though, not sure if this is true).

Also I have a 760 currently, dunno if that would need to be upgraded if I moved to a different monitor. That would be separate though so it wouldn't have to cut into the monitor budget. I was thinking about this guy http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127832 because I really like MSI cards and products.

Appreciate the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Asus and BenQ aren't overpriced in terms of monitors, granted that entirely depends on your point of view. Granted this is comparing to Eizo and NEC, which delivers in quality than quantity.

As for monitor suggestion, I'd go for BenQ GW2765HT. Good, relatively cheap 2560x1440 27" monitor. It's an AHVA (IPS-Type) monitor.

Video card, I'm the one that says, try it at the settings you want and see how it performs, then decide on an upgrade.

Deleted
    A 760 will struggle in most games at 1440p, you'd have to turn everything down, the dell u2515h monitor is a good choice as well. Gtx970 is a decent card but atm an R9 390 is alot better for same money at that resolution.

Not to hijack the thread, but I've been thinking of a monitor upgrade in the same lines as the OP.

Any chance my 560GTX-Ti could handle it?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    @howard no chance to game or much else on it. Its like on max digital resolution to just have display from.

QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll is a pretty neat monitor, got mine for about £150 delivered (somehow evaded import duty and VAT too? it wasn't even wrapped, it was just shipped in the monitor box! *shrug*) about 20 months ago.

mine personally overclocks to 96hz, others have been able to hit 120.. some can't get past 60. tbh either way i think it is a pretty neat monitor. only limitation is a single DVI-I port - although i believe you can find models with HDMI (maybe DVI-I and DisplayPort too?) but those cannot be overclocked at all.

there is an owner's club thread at a certain other forum (google qnix owners club finds it) for lots more detail and personal reviews and junk. my monitor also has very little light-leak along the bottom.. i've honestly never noticed it outside the day i got the monitor and actively checked for it.
    oh, the stand it comes with is apparently fine to use, but it looks very.. well, i didn't trust it. but i had a vesa mount free anyway and it was super easy to remove the default stand.

that all said, it was almost 2 years ago and idk if there are any better cheap korean 1440p monitor options - i'd be surprised if there isn't, but as a cheap korean 1440p monitor owner, i only have good things to say.

If I didn't have perfectly functional screens atm, I would get the Dell Ultrasharp U2913WM. However it is 2560x1080 not 2560x1440.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll is a pretty neat monitor, got mine for about £150 delivered (somehow evaded import duty and VAT too? it wasn't even wrapped, it was just shipped in the monitor box! *shrug*) about 20 months ago.

mine personally overclocks to 96hz, others have been able to hit 120.. some can't get past 60. tbh either way i think it is a pretty neat monitor. only limitation is a single DVI-I port - although i believe you can find models with HDMI (maybe DVI-I and DisplayPort too?) but those cannot be overclocked at all.

there is an owner's club thread at a certain other forum (google qnix owners club finds it) for lots more detail and personal reviews and junk. my monitor also has very little light-leak along the bottom.. i've honestly never noticed it outside the day i got the monitor and actively checked for it.
    oh, the stand it comes with is apparently fine to use, but it looks very.. well, i didn't trust it. but i had a vesa mount free anyway and it was super easy to remove the default stand.

that all said, it was almost 2 years ago and idk if there are any better cheap korean 1440p monitor options - i'd be surprised if there isn't, but as a cheap korean 1440p monitor owner, i only have good things to say.
    Quite honestly, cheap korean brands are terrible overall. There's a reason why they're cheap and I barely ever use the "you get what you pay for", but it certainly applies here.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/..._universal.htm
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/qnix_qx320qhd.htm
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/qnix_qx2710.htm

I have a gtx 760 and I do not recommend you get a 1440p monitor. The gtx 970 is fine for that resolution though.