Thread: Update Help

Update Help

Hey guys, I just ran into some cash and decided it was time to update my computer. The computer is a little over 1 year old, has a nice GPU, and overall is a great computer. My only issue is the case being rather small, and it gets hot fast. Anywho, I'm looking to upgrade some parts in my computer to try and get the most out of my gaming as I can, without having to buy an entirely new rig. I run WoW currently around High- Ultra with shadows and AA turned off at around 40fps, unless I'm raiding then I need to drop to Medium. I definitely want to be full ultra 60+ fps by the time Legion comes out, so I figured you guys can help me out. Here's my current Specs:

System Model: ASUS M11BB
    Processor: AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
    RAM: About 14gb
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 TI
    Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824260045

Looking for a new case for sure. Anything else I can replace to get that Ultra all settings WoW 60+fps? Nothing TOO expensive please, but I'm willing to look at seeing what you all come up with. Thanks

------EDIT------------
    Budget at 750, someone find me a good build!
    Last edited by Fresh Prince of Draenor; 2015-11-17 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, if you're looking for WoW performance, you're looking at a halfway overhaul. The AMD APU's are particularly 'not great' when it comes to those kind of things. You're better off indicating what kind of money you're willing to spend, and we can figure out what the best combination of new parts/old parts can fit into that.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Yeah you'd need an intel setup, which means new cpu/mobo/ram and new gpu like an r9 380, and a psu along with those. In raids your cpu is what gives you trouble even tho your gpu is also old. In legion and as in all game expansions requirements only go up. So yeah pretty much you are looking for new build.

Alright. Setting my Budget at around 750. Can you guys find me a new build to work with? What parts should I salvage from this computer and bring into the next one?? Thank you

Deleted
    750 $ - € - £ - CaD -AuD ? Does the budget have to include o/s?