Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Is that what guys call "having harder time"?
    lol.. god no. If I am looking back at the breakups I've had it took between 2 weeks and 3-4 months.

To OP: There is no "trick" to get over someone. But I usually feel better trying to hang out with friends instead of sitting home alone. Also, the crappy feeling will dissapear eventually.

It's just anxiety you'll get through it, once you realize you don't need her to breath, eat, sleep, live, anything really. There's many fish in the sea. You can use this energy as an opportunity to self improve. Rather then self destruct. Zillions of people have broken up. You'd benefit from at least trying to see things from a broader perspective.

and country music

call her at 2AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    It's very normal and stuff like this usually happen when you break up for the first time, by time the pain will heal.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I know that feeling. I can only pray for your best. Stick to your friends and smile. One day, sooner or later, you will find another love.

Just do things you enjoy to take your mind of it. Don't let it consume you like I did.

You'll be surprised how quick and easy it is to forget about past relationships when you get into another great one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Studies are finding that men actually take a lot longer than women to get over relationships and in many cases never actually do.

She blocked you on facebook/twitter then told you she wants another dude? Sounds like a total bitch.

Dumping someone? Fine.

Telling them you have feelins for another? Unnecessary and cruel.

Blocking on facebook despite basically being a pseudo cheater? WTF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you do, dont try to get back with her. Never try reconnect with an ex gf, i speak from experience. All that sappy corny bs of we really like each other, we wil try harder this time doesnt work. If it wasnt there the first time, chances are it wont be there the next.

As for the break up, theres nothing else to say but move on. Just dont be like me and hold grudges or youll find it hard to bond with a woman again on that lvl. Its been 8 years since my first and only relationship and since then i havent managed to get into another

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey Guys,

A little embarrassing but i'm 23 and only had one girlfriend in my life. We dated for 11 months and 12 days. A couple days ago we broke up. It came out of nowhere, she blocked me on facebook, instagram, twitter etc. She came by my house to give me my stuff and told me she had feelings for another guy. Is it normal for someone who just got dumped to feel numb? I can't do anything I used to do. I tried to raid tonight and I could not do it. I can hardly do anything. I was shopping for a new suit earlier today and the song that came on in the mall made me almost cry. People keep texting me trying to comfort me but no one died, I just got dumped. Anyone else feel that way after a break up?

Let me give you some advice. Take it or leave it.

1. Everyone has been or will be there in life at some point.

2. She sounds like a real bitch to do it the way she did it. Be glad shes gone.

3. Go out and fuck as many chicks as you can. Dont waste time dating or any bullshit. Just fuck em and move on. After a year or so you can settle down if you find the right girl. But dont go looking. When you try to find a girlfriend they will not turn up. Its when you are not looking that you find one.

4. Join some dating sites. Dont put things like you like to walk in the park holding hands. Put you are not looking for anything serious. Women like a challenge. The harder you are to get the harder they work for it.

5. Throw out anything that reminds you of her. Burn your pictures

6. Go fuck her mom if you can. Or best friend. Start hitting on her friends.

Watch this too.

Anyone else feel that way after a break up?
    Not being able to enjoy things and being emotional all the way to crying about it is perfectly normal and I think most people have experienced it. And yeah it sucks. And yeah it takes time. Worst one I had, I cried myself to sleep for like a week afterwards, and took me two months or so to get over.

So yeah. It's pretty normal.

Deleted
    Just think on this, she's on the 500 miles to Mr. Right.

This is the truest video about women you will ever learn

Deleted
    When my first real gf (1 year and 2 months) dumped me I was on a alcoholic spree for the next 6 months. She left me for that "dont worry, his just a friend" guy.
    6 years later, I dont trust bitches at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it normal for someone who just got dumped to feel numb? I can't do anything I used to do.
    Don't worry bro, you'll be fine. The single life is better anyways.

When my first real gf (1 year and 2 months) dumped me I was on a alcoholic spree for the next 6 months. She left me for that "dont worry, his just a friend" guy.
    I never went on the drinking spree after my first breakup, in fact I mostly stopped drinking altogether, but I did stop dating entirely and lost a lot of trust in people altogether. It's been 12 years now since I dated, and still not looking. Definitely going to die alone, just me and my cats.
    Last edited by Mask; 2015-11-17 at 01:21 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Guys,

A little embarrassing but i'm 23 and only had one girlfriend in my life. We dated for 11 months and 12 days. A couple days ago we broke up. It came out of nowhere, she blocked me on facebook, instagram, twitter etc. She came by my house to give me my stuff and told me she had feelings for another guy. Is it normal for someone who just got dumped to feel numb? I can't do anything I used to do. I tried to raid tonight and I could not do it. I can hardly do anything. I was shopping for a new suit earlier today and the song that came on in the mall made me almost cry. People keep texting me trying to comfort me but no one died, I just got dumped. Anyone else feel that way after a break up?
    Just be glad you aren't with a Ho. Go get some drinks with a friend, try to get your tip in some random chick, buy a new Videogame (I know after playing WoW with my Ex for ages. After splitting, WoW was dead to me for awhile).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    That feel bro. I think we've all had that feel. If a girl ever says "he's just a friend" to defend being a flirty bitch. Dump that ho.

Deleted
    They all suck but the first one can be tough, especially when it was a fairly long lasting relationship. It's normal to feel a wide range of things, everyone is different. Whether it's crying or numb or anger or jealousy or whatever. I know it's a massively overused statement but it's true, it does get better and you will move on. First few weeks are the hardest.

Got rejected or dumped so many times, trust me.. it will wear off. The first time just hurts as hell tho.
    Wut wut wut in the mud

Keep yourself occupied.. keep your mind off of it. Surround yourself with friends and have fun. Honestly, it's best that it ended the way it did instead of you finding out she cheated. The wounds will heal

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey Guys,

Plenty of fish in the sea.

Sorry about your luck, though. Never think one person is your whole life. They are replaceable.