View Poll Results: Which should be included first?

Voters
54. This poll is closed
  • Keeper

2 3.70%
  • Tinker

22 40.74%
  • Dragonsworn

13 24.07%
  • Necromancer

17 31.48%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

All New Class Ideas

Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Keeper - 4 Plate
    Hunter, Shaman, Tinker, Dragonsworn - 4 Mail
    Rogue, Monk, Druid, Demon Hunter - 4 Leather
    Mage,Priest, Warlock, Necromancer - 4 Cloth

Keeper - Focus on two-handed weapons, enchantments and battle spells - Regular class
    Dragonsworn - Focus on Polearms and draconic powers - Hero class
    Tinker - Focus on Guns, Pistols and mechanical companions - Regular class
    Necromancer - Focus on Staves, Undead minions moved from Death Knight to Necromancer - Hero class

Addendum for Keepers as they are the real novelty here:

The Keeper class would essentially be a battle-mage or runemaster, clad in plate armor.
    Though titanic watchers are also sometimes called keepers, these keepers are different from them in that they primarily rely on magic, like a battle-mage would.

Keeper class players though indeed have connections to Giants and runic magic bestowed upon them by the Titans.
    This Keeper class fills the class niche of titanic-magic-warriors.
    The main reason for Keeper title is that it fits in with more concise and short class titles like warrior, mage, druid and so on - battlemage or runemaster was kinda long :P

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Runemaster

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Rune_magic

Bards could be considered as a new Secondary Profession rather than class imho. Professions could be pepped up to convey more combat benefits in general and bards could play songs to heal, soothe, or strengthen resolve.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2018-01-22 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Edited Battlemage to Keeper and Dragonwarden to Dragonsworn

They're already moving abilities from one class to another and you think there's room for four more? And that one of those four isn't even Spellbreaker? The game is running dry of original class mechanics. There's just no design room left.

Deleted
    I think it's more important to distinguish the 12 classes and MANY specs (36?) that we'll have in Legion. Nobody should be bored, we're essentially getting quite a few classes due the spec fantasy touch-up and spell changes with survival, demonology, unholy, combat and discipline

Battlemage sound like mage, find a better one for plate and edit-update your post again it will be great

Deleted
    Enough classes already.
    They're telling us the new fantastic talent system will allow us to customize and add complexity.
    I'm guessing that will be a balancing nightmare and with their track record, even without talents, the balance hasn't been very good.
    ..no more classes..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    Battlemage - Focus on two-handed weapons, enchantments and battle spells
    What do you ean by enchantments and battle spells? Like a Shaman with 2hand weapon?
    Dragonwarden - Focus on Polearms and draconic powers
    Draconic powers? You thinking something like a melee spellcaster?
    Tinker - Focus on Guns, Pistols and mechanical companions
    So. A hunter with pistols and mechanical pets? No real difference there.

Necromancer - Focus on Staves, Undead minions moved from Death Knight to Necromancer
    A spell caster with focus on pets you say? Sound a lot like a spec we will see in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    They're already moving abilities from one class to another and you think there's room for four more? And that one of those four isn't even Spellbreaker? The game is running dry of original class mechanics. There's just no design room left.
    spell breaker would be a battle mage spec, besides, spell breaker isnt enough to stretch into a class on its own.

But it would help if you listed class specs!

Battle mage:
    Spell breaker (tank spec, sword and shield)
    --- (2h melee dps spec with cool spells?)
    --- (another dps spec?)

Tinker: (this is easy)
    Gunner spec (turrets and rifles)
    mecha spec (tank with robo limbs, shields)
    apothecary (healer spec)

Dragonwarden (This is interesting)
    Dragoon (agile polarm user, ff ripoff >)
    lifemender (healing spec based on red, green and bronze flights)
    Earthwarder (cry shamans! jokes aside, tank spec with drakonid augmentations)

Dont think necromancer needs to be added (unfortunately)

I think there is only room for a few more classes, and the only classical RPG class tropes that WoW hasn't used yet are a mechanical Tinker styled class and a musical instrument playing Bard class.

Tinker could easily have a Melee DPS (Mekkatorque), Ranged DPS (Guns, Gadgets, Grenades), Tank (Mechs)

Bard could easily have a Ranged Spell DPS (Rock Music), and a Healing spec (Harmonic shit).

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think there is only room for a few more classes, and the only classical RPG class tropes that WoW hasn't used yet are a mechanical Tinker styled class and a musical instrument playing Bard class.

Tinker could easily have a Melee DPS (Mekkatorque), Ranged DPS (Guns, Gadgets, Grenades), Tank (Mechs)

Bard could easily have a Ranged Spell DPS (Rock Music), and a Healing spec (Harmonic shit).
    Really not sold on bard, nowhere in lore has music being able to be used on combat, and i find it would seem really jarring. ETC is an exception, but even he plays more like a warrior, and what weapons would they use? all use special bard only instruments?

I like dragon aspect and tinker, there is alot of potential there!

there are 5 aspects to draw from for dragon aspects
    Black dragons > earth/shadow related spells
    Red dragons > life/fire related spells
    blue dragons > arcane/frost spells
    bronze dragons > sand/time spells
    green dragons > nature related spells

then there are potential augmentations, like dragon wings or demon hunter like transformations.
    Could tie in well with an emerald dream xpac, as they would have some relevance and wouldnt be just druids.

I see the healing spec using bronze magic to undo damage, green to do heals over time, red to be big direct heals and black to provide absorbs, playing something like the bastard child of all other healing specs!1

Dragoon spec being quite agile using draconic augmentations and strikes representing different factions like:
    Ruby Rend: Strike target with weapon, setting them alight
    Obsidian shatter: leap high into the air and strike the ground with such force it shatters
    Saphire strike: strike through your target with Ice enhanced strike
    Bronze Blur: Bend time to unleash a flurry of stabs at the foe
    Emerald... something: do something emeraldish...
    You get the picture!

Player model will get horns and wings and some scales (like demon hunter but dragon themed), this is absolutely necessary.

Tinker could easily get 4 specs. Races:
    Horde: Undead, goblin, orc (iron horde) (possibly blood elf)
    Alliance: human, gnome, dwarf (possibly draeni)
    Class Mechanics: (what sets them apart from hunters)
    Turrets: stationary objects with effects depending on spec
    Spider Mines: special effects
    Weapon enhancements: burst fire ranged weapons, magnetic shields, lazer swords (maybe) Healing darts (for ranged weapons :P)

Melee DPS: use 2h hammer ( or what ever, but hammer is cool!) Beat stuff, drop spider mines etc

Ranged:
    use gun (or crossbow/bow)
    Passive: mechanical repeater, auto attacks fire in bursts of 3
    Sentry turret: set up turret that fires at enemies
    Bazooka: fire rocket
    Death lazor: shoot a big ass lazer
    Gnade: your a tinker, you can throw bombs!
    Etc: Etcetera.

Apothecary: (Healer)
    Healing
    Healing Turret: stationary healing device
    Healing beam: channel healing onto ally
    Stim pack: increase healing against this target
    Healing spray: throw healing potions at target, throw it right in their stupid face
    Offensive
    Acid bomb
    Sticky Goop
    Basically uses potions and stuff like an alchemist, if not added to tinker i cant see this spec added to anything else

Tank: Uses mech augments, robo arms, magnetic repulsor shield, shredder blades and stuff...

Shoc, I think you have a very good point: Bards are easily distinguishable - thought about them myself also
    Only reason i didn't include them so that Plate, Mail, Leather and Cloth armor wearers all get 4 classes each
    + If demon hunters get to have warglaives bards could have instruments just as well :P
    Also - when I wrote battlemage, naturally, I thought about a spellbreaker-like class who wears plate.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2015-11-17 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I support Necromancer and Tinker as normal classes and Dragonsworn (instead of Dragonwarden) as a new hero class

A "mage knight" might wear plate, but a "battle mage" would wear lighter armor. At most, it would be like chain mail under a casters robe.

Edit:
    Bard would use a lyre or harp, like demon hunters have glaives. Thanks to artifacts, more unique ideas seem less crazy.

Tinker "apothecary"is stupid. If anything it would be something like "combat medic". Apothecaries use potions and chemicals, not machines.

Holy crap, I never new how badly I wanted a lifebinder spec. Healing with fire, time, and nature would definitely make them the flashiest of healers. Could give them time warp and tranquility, as well as a mechanic like fire mages to spread cauterising hots instead of dmg.
    Last edited by Trallnar; 2015-11-17 at 01:38 PM.

Not necessarily - search for "Oblivion Battlemage" - you'll get my point
    Battlemages wear in each fantasy game what you define them to wear.

http://images.uesp.net/a/ad/OB-npc-I...Battlemage.jpg

I would drop DH for a draconic themed class !

DRAGONS ARE THE BEST

have skills/talents/CDs named after Aspects and shit

Elder dragon form

turn into a drake for class mount etc.

Tinker and Battlemage sound nice too, I love a caster in heavy armor

not sure where necromancer fits, too much overlap with warlock/Demo and Unholy DK minions

Wow you just created 4 new class in a 8-line post. Good effort! Blizzard was definitely looking for new class ideas! Everything's solved. Thanks

Not necessarily - search for "Oblivion Battlemage" - you'll get my point
    Battlemages wear in each fantasy game what you define them to wear.

http://images.uesp.net/a/ad/OB-npc-I...Battlemage.jpg
    Those were just NPCs, though. If you tried doing something similar for your character, you had a penalty to spell effectiveness for wearing armor. It was less than ideal to wear armor as a spellcaster since you could enchant regular clothes with Shield spells and still reach the armor cap, without the penalty. Also, the pre-made Battlemage class in the character creation process had no armor skill. The Sorcerer and Spellsword classes were the ones with heavy armor.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Enough classes already.
    They're telling us the new fantastic talent system will allow us to customize and add complexity.
    I'm guessing that will be a balancing nightmare and with their track record, even without talents, the balance hasn't been very good.
    ..no more classes..
    I completely agree.
    We need to see what happens first and foremost, and then what happens when Blizz tries to fix it all and inevitably screws it up..

one thing to note - a hypothetical draconic class could come with a dragonflights/Aspects themed expansion

they did say dragons will have their role to play still, maybe an expansion to help Aspects regain their titanic powers since we need their help for the final fight against the OGs/Legion etc.

Wrathion would also be center stage

Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    Isnt a spellbreak just an uncorrupted demon hunter basically?

Unless Blizzard has a way of speeding up development, I doubt we'll reach 4 more classes. 1-2 seems to be the sweet spot for what's possibly left for Blizzard to put in, anything else already has themes which can be ripped up and used for existing classes.

Necromancer, Battlemage and Dragonwarden are concepts and themes that can be used to expand existing classes. I'd rather see these as unique 4th specs, since it doesn't require a slew of new art and tier set designs in the future. These concepts are fairly intermediate to the classes we already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.