View Poll Results: Which should be included first?

Voters
54. This poll is closed
  • Keeper

2 3.70%
  • Tinker

22 40.74%
  • Dragonsworn

13 24.07%
  • Necromancer

17 31.48%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Keeper - Sounds a lot like a paladin/dk
    Tinker, - sounds like legion gnome/goblin hunters who will be able to tame mechanical pets
    Dragonsworn - sounds like legion survivalist hunter
    Necromancer - sounds like legion demo warlock with undead istead of demons

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Keeper - Sounds a lot like a paladin/dk
    Tinker, - sounds like legion gnome/goblin hunters who will be able to tame mechanical pets
    Dragonsworn - sounds like legion survivalist hunter
    Necromancer - sounds like legion demo warlock with undead istead of demons
    The main idea is to further differentiate these specs you mentioned.

Example:
    Demon Hunter - sound a lot like warlock rogue
    Paladin - sounds a lot like warrior priest
    Monk - sounds a lot like rogue priest
    and so on...

So you see - all classes have combinations here and there but each and every class managed to be unique still.
    I'm sure Blizzard could differentiate enough for the 4 new classes I mentioned to feel different from the rest.

Necromancers can definitely work and could easily be distinguished from Warlocks and Death Knights by giving them a healing spec where they would siphon life from enemies and use bone magic to assist their allies.

Tinkers (they need to come up with a better name) is the best choice and should of been added first before Demon Hunters. Tinkers could add a lot of depth to the game and have 4 specs like druids (melee dps, ranged, tank, and healer).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Necromancers can definitely work and could easily be distinguished from Warlocks and Death Knights by giving them a healing spec where they would siphon life from enemies and use bone magic to assist their allies.
    That's precisely one of the ideas regarding the Necromancers, or at least according to my old sketches about a potential Necromancer class in WoW ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    Nice try but my suggestions are not a joke. They're 100% genuine :P
    I was joking about the combo,but individually, I'd love any of those classes as a healer. The idea of a Necromancer as a healer is interesting to me,theme-wise.

Its difficult enough now to keep the existing classes unique and different.

One reason I feel the Demon Hunter is a huge mistake.

Any new classes need to be different...very different...from existing classes.

In all seriousness, the classes we have could probably do with some major consolidation. Not every class should have three specs for example.

But overall....I don't think the game can support many more classes. The Demon Hunter already overlaps too much with the Warlock...another reason I feel it was a mistake; there is simply no benefit to reinventing the wheel or adding something to the game that largely already exists.

But having said that...Blizzard did add Demon Hunters. They did tear apart Warlocks to do so. I don't like that they did so, I think it was a mistake for a number of reasons...but they went ahead and did it. And if they can add such a class once, despite all the issues with it, they can do so again.
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2016-04-30 at 11:47 AM.

While it'd be harder to implement a psionic type caster, havin a chunk of mind spells in SP arsenal, giving mages a 4th spec based on using telekinesis and gravity as a basic forms of offense would be neat. Think Force Mage from DA2. Main focus is Physical damage through spells, bleeds (causing internal bleeding via TK), and zones which alter the gravity of the place. Can add some time stuff from arcane as well.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Deleted
    I like these speculation but lets just wait and see what we will be given.

Dragonsworn would be very easy to implement, Lots of rich unexplored themes with the 5 aspects.
    Tinker would be cool if done properly. Tank spec uses a suit. Ranged uses turrets mines bombs; unique niche of control. Healer could use a ammo system based on applying potions. Melee could wear special gauntlets that have blades,flamethrowers,lasers, Main weapon is beam swords (1 or 2 h).
    with a unique resource system they could be very unique.

Too soon Executus, too soon!

Legion's new class not even playable by the masses yet. OT: I don't think these are realistic because they are too radical. Next new class will likely be rooted in existing lore and will not overlap with existing classes to the extent a "Necromancer" would, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Next new class will likely be rooted in existing lore and will not overlap with existing classes to the extent a "Necromancer" would, etc.
    Yes, "overlapping" was the main excuse that was preventing the Demon Hunters could become a new independent class, however...

Moral: There are no excuses when one has willingness to do something.

Keepers are essentially Runemasters but wear plate armor and fight with two-handers instead of fists.
    Reference: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Runemaster
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-07-11 at 06:59 PM.

Bards could be considered as a new Secondary Profession rather than class imho. Professions could be pepped up to convey more combat benefits in general and bards could play songs to heal, soothe, or strengthen resolve.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-08-30 at 07:22 PM.

Keepers are quite a novel concept in terms of resources as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think there is only room for a few more classes, and the only classical RPG class tropes that WoW hasn't used yet are a mechanical Tinker styled class and a musical instrument playing Bard class.

Tinker could easily have a Melee DPS (Mekkatorque), Ranged DPS (Guns, Gadgets, Grenades), Tank (Mechs)

Bard could easily have a Ranged Spell DPS (Rock Music), and a Healing spec (Harmonic shit).
    Yes! we really need the Tinker class since it's gonna be one of the extremely few unique class ideas left that blizzard haven't done yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trallnar View Post
    A "mage knight" might wear plate, but a "battle mage" would wear lighter armor. At most, it would be like chain mail under a casters robe.

Edit:
    Bard would use a lyre or harp, like demon hunters have glaives. Thanks to artifacts, more unique ideas seem less crazy.

Tinker "apothecary"is stupid. If anything it would be something like "combat medic". Apothecaries use potions and chemicals, not machines.

Holy crap, I never new how badly I wanted a lifebinder spec. Healing with fire, time, and nature would definitely make them the flashiest of healers. Could give them time warp and tranquility, as well as a mechanic like fire mages to spread cauterising hots instead of dmg.
    Depends what battle mages we are talking about, When I think of Battlemages I think of this Huge plate wearing guy using the skills of a warrior with defensive and offensive magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I completely agree.
    We need to see what happens first and foremost, and then what happens when Blizz tries to fix it all and inevitably screws it up..
    I disagree with you completely, they haven't done technology as a main class yet, after that I'm satisfied.

Until then i'm gonna keep clamoring for a Tinker class for a really really long time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Unless Blizzard has a way of speeding up development, I doubt we'll reach 4 more classes. 1-2 seems to be the sweet spot for what's possibly left for Blizzard to put in, anything else already has themes which can be ripped up and used for existing classes.

Necromancer, Battlemage and Dragonwarden are concepts and themes that can be used to expand existing classes. I'd rather see these as unique 4th specs, since it doesn't require a slew of new art and tier set designs in the future. These concepts are fairly intermediate to the classes we already have.
    This is why Tinker class is good since it clashes with non of the classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    "All New Class Ideas"
    Oh boy I bet Necromancer and Tinker are on this list.

Necromancer and Tinker!
    So new. So revolutionary.

Tinkers are engineers. The words are literally synonyms.

Necromancers are Unholy Death Knights. They raise undead minions to fight with.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    What class can they add thats actually not a bastard of some other class mix? That actually pertains to wow and not some other game?
    Tinker class mate, one of the extremely few class ideas that won't butcher a class just because they have similar themed abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post

Tinkers are engineers. Necromancers are Unholy Death Knights.
    Holy necro topic batman.

Anyway, again, professions=/=classes.

Rogues use alchemy, alchemy can be used by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post

Tinkers are engineers. The words are literally synonyms.

Necromancers are Unholy Death Knights. They raise undead minions to fight with.
    Still want a tinker class since trying to do raids by doing a pure engineer run is suicide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I don't think we need more class's I think we need more specs. Hear me out now;

I played a game briefly (no idea what it was called - years ago) and they we're pretty much a wow copy.

But they had a really complicated spec / talent system in place. The only one I can remember is the priest and thats vaguely.

Priest had three specs,

Shadow
    Holy
    (no idea the third)

Shadow broke down into another 3 subclasses, Satanic / demonic, Corruption, Pure shadow

Holy broke into sub classes, Light, divinity, something else

Keep in mind those might not be exactly the same names.

Anyways, the point was each class, had totally unique play styles and from the way they set it up, you could have some mixed stuff, but not complete hybrids. I think it was something like 36 paths available to each class. It was confusing, but a shit ton of thought went into it, I'd like to see something more like that, than more class's
    I agree with having more specs but the Tinker/bard class is pretty much more unique compared to the majority of the suggestions here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post
    I like these speculation but lets just wait and see what we will be given.
    Nah we don't have to wait, we can still discuss and talk about the potential of these classes but in all honesty I Tinkers are basically the one thing blizzard haven't added yet as a class that focuses on technology.

Nice, necroing your own thread.