Enhance Upgrade Priority

First of all, as a long time lurker, I'd like to thank those of you who post guides and YouTube videos.

In this week's patch, we can upgrade our gear in 5 level increments. I would like to establish which items I should prioritise. Weapons or Archimond trinket?

Personally I'd go for Weapons first, since they're a huge part in our dps.

After that, Archimonde Trinket. I mean, you can basically max out on all 3 items in one day if you just grind it as fast as you can. After that, you can still upgrade other stuff. Afaik it only takes about 2 weeks ~ to upgrade everything - this takes into consideration that you actually do all the stuff that gives you valor points for the week.

Edit: Here is a quote which basically answers your question from wordups Enhancement Guide:

Trinkets aside because they're hard to quantify, though I'd put them as the highest Priority alongside weapons; depending on specific gear/how close you are to BiS, the order can be judged via the spreadsheet on which items generate the highest score calculated via the stat weights. Stat Weights are averaged out for the purpose of the sheet but generally our MH and OH stat weights are very similar, unless the Class Trinket is in effect which only serves to push MH WDPS even higher, so they are always top priority.

For example, if you take the Single Target BiS list as an assumed gearset, upgrade order based on tangible stat value would be:

Weapons >>> Chest > Head > Legs > Gloves > Belt > Boots > Shoulders > Neck > Ring > Wrist > Cloak

Obviously, this is different for everyone and depends on gear you're wearing right now, so you'd have to use the sheet as a tool to judge. I have a separate sheet with the upgrades to make comparisons of value pre and post upgrades that will be subbed into the sheet come patch day.

I'd advise if you're using gear under Mythic level and want to see the comparisons, to use the more robust sheet that Binkenstein put together that has comparisons of Normal -> Heroic -> Mythic values
    Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post37285228
    Last edited by Darleth; 2015-11-17 at 08:36 AM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Noted with thanks on weapons first, although as my offhand is crafted it's only 705 so likely to be upgraded soon (hopefully).

I do not have time to upgrade all my stuff quickly. Will probably take me a month, especially as much of my playing time is spent raiding with guild.