Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

CNN asks why the Muslim comunity did not report #ParisAttacks plans ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx6vdKZ7hRU

For a long time I thought Fox News was the only US media to come this low when it comes to bigotry, CNN has just stole the show !

In an interview CNN anchor asks Yasser Louati (a French activist) "if he was French why the Muslim community didn't know about the plans of the attack, and why didn't they report it?"

The interview is completely unfair, a disgrace to journalism ! I don't want to make a comparison to other deadly events but I used to respect CNN and prefer it to other News channels ..

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta admit, the ridiculessness of it made me laugh.

Its basically implying that "you're a muslim so you must have some sort of inside knowledge of the terrorists plans"

Brainfart

Most of the main media outlets are pure garbage however it is a legitimate question to ask. Why don't the masses of Muslims speak out against Islamic State? Surely even they mustn't sympathise with terrorists. I'm not talking about one or two individual Muslims that actively do speak out. It would dissolve prejudice and prove they have some loyalty to the west. They won't though, so whatever.
    Last edited by Cosmoz; 2015-11-17 at 11:25 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I know theres an #NotInMyName hashtag muslims use to show that these terrorists dont represent their religion, does that make it inappropriate if i use the hashtag to show CNN that their ignorance doesnt represent me as a human?

7+ Year Old Account
    The concerns are valid but his wording was dumb, it sort of implied terrorists share their specific plans widely. The serious ones wouldn't.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    CNN: And while we're at it, why didn't any Japanese Americans warn us about Pearl Harbour!?!

>.>

That's a very good question actually. When you live in diaspora, you know about such things. That's why when the diaspora work is conducted properly by government, the diaspora authorities and criminals are set to discover such behavior and expose it to authorities.

Deleted
    This is amazing, the last point made that the older people need to get a better grip on the younger ones drawn towards extremism is true though.

Also, cant really take you seriously with that profile pic and trowing the word bigot around like it means nothing Dlhak.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    "Let's act like dimwits and ask retarded questions, blaming all muslims. That will stop muslims from radicalizing."

- - - Updated - - -

.... And how would that work? Does every single muslim that speaks out get 10 seconds airtime on TV?
    No. Use not so commonsense. When people are tainting your religion the first thing I would assume is that you'd want to speak out against such evil acts and stand up for what your religion actually is. Terrorist atrocities should be protested by Muslims to prove they aren't the same types of people. It's a very simple concept, really.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    This is amazing, the last point made that the older people need to get a better grip on the younger ones drawn towards extremism is true though.

Also, cant really take you seriously with that profile pic and trowing the word bigot around like it means nothing Dlhak.
    My profile picture ? enlighten me with your wisdom and tell me how is this a problem ...

Deleted
    Why didn't the Catholic community report the IRA bombers who brought such havoc to the UK? Surely all Catholics would have known the terrorist plans.

Why didn't the Jewish community report the Zionist extremists who carried out a wave of attacks in the US in the 20th Century? Surely all Jews would know the terrorist plans.

Why didn't native Norweigans report Anders Breivik before he gunned down innocents? Surely all whites would know his plans.

This is some insane level of stupidity from CNN.
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2015-11-17 at 02:26 PM.

That was cringe-worthy.
    Given the fact that the finger of blame is pointed at the Muslim community -rightly or wrongly- [...] the Muslim community and the leaders should step up and take a greater role [...] you have to accept that responsibility.
    We've seen this narrative unfold a thousand times. In every contentious movement/revolt: OWL, tea party, GG, BLM...
    Yet some still think it's a partisan thing: how could my group lower themselves to such ineptitude!?. News flash: they were that low all along; and people on the other side were telling you.

The kulturkampf is about pandering to imbeciles. Not bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmoz View Post
    No. Use not so commonsense. When people are tainting your religion the first thing I would assume is that you'd want to speak out against such evil acts and stand up for what your religion actually is. Terrorist atrocities should be protested by Muslims to prove they aren't the same types of people. It's a very simple concept, really.
    Well they do it, it's just not shown on the US/Western Media.

Deleted
    Have you missed all the Muslims around the world condemning ISIS? The fatwa from India? The mosques dedicated to the victims of 9/11 and 7/7 ? The various Muslim awareness groups trying to deradicalise people in their nations?

Muslims do condemn it goddamit. Just because you're blind doesn't mean it's not happening.

CNN has been... "amazing" lately. Fox News level of "amazing", almost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzusSqcotDw
    Last edited by wonderlust; 2015-11-17 at 11:45 AM.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    "Let's act like dimwits and ask retarded questions, blaming all muslims. That will stop muslims from radicalizing."

- - - Updated - - -
    Festnahme im Sauerland
    Ein 39 Jahre alter Algerier soll mehrere Tage vor den jüngsten Anschlägen gesagt haben, in Paris werde etwas Schreckliches geschehen. Nun wurde der Mann in einem Flüchtlingsheim im Sauerland festgenommen.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/t...-13915693.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Have you missed all the Muslims around the world condemning ISIS? The fatwa from India? The mosques dedicated to the victims of 9/11 and 7/7 ? The various Muslim awareness groups trying to deradicalise people in their nations?

Muslims do condemn it goddamit. Just because you're blind doesn't mean it's not happening.
    Rubbish. Few genuinely do condemn it.

Individual Muslims do, sure. The masses don't and won't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post

A few people here and there condemning it does not do anything!
    Muslims need to rise up as a group to fight this crap, stop it before it starts, teach their young ones not to be such a big bag of assholes and integrate into society instead of fighting against it.
    Even if 2 million muslims condemned it its still a drop of water compared to the 1.6 billion muslims.

This doesn't help and it will never if the people in power still agree with the attacks being done every day by supporters of the "religion of peace".

Deleted
    Rubbish. Few genuinely do condemn it.

Individual Muslims do, sure. The masses don't and won't.
    So, all muslims are guilty until proven innocent?

Are you actively condemning "accidental" drone strikes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the main media outlets are pure garbage however it is a legitimate question to ask. Why don't the masses of Muslims speak out against Islamic State? Surely even they mustn't sympathise with terrorists. I'm not talking about one or two individual Muslims that actively do speak out. It would dissolve prejudice and prove they have some loyalty to the west. They won't though, so whatever.
    The majority of muslims DO decry ISIS.

Literally two seconds of googling this would have revealed such.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.