Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd recommend looking up videos/tutorials on how to improve at the game (ideally using decks that you intend to try and craft) rather than just focusing on deck lists. After that many packs you should easily be able to disenchant some of your less good cards (particularly the three legendaries) to make a couple of top-tier competitive decks if you're serious about wanting to climb the ladder. Even if you lack a powerful legendary or two, there are still plenty of pretty basic cards you can sub in that will perform well enough for you to feel competitive.

There's a large amount of skill involved in winning consistently in Hearthstone, and that's something you can improve at without having to throw a bunch of money at the game. If you're getting stuck at rank 20, then polishing up your knowledge of the game is likely going to do far more for you than getting more cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Honestly I haven't even spent money on this new expansion. Seems like Blizzard keeps throwing out these expansions with a bunch of shitty cards. Basically confirms Blizzard is very greedy.
    Very greedy that they allow people to play without paying a dime.

10+ Year Old Account
    HS is not a game where skill is relevant. You have bare minimum of control for the game to be entertaining, if anything happens, all you can do is say "whelp" and keep going
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can get to rank 12-13 with a Basic Priest Deck. I have made an absolute mass amount of cards just from using Basic deck to collect gold from Quests then using that gold to do Arenas and winning in Arena to get cards.

People that say this game is P2W are generally the same people that even if they threw enough money at the game to own all the cards would still lose anyway or people that don't ACTUALLY want to put time into the game.

Owning the cards =/= being able to use them to get to Rank 1.

TL;DR: Cry more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I can get to rank 12-13 with a Basic Priest Deck. I have made an absolute mass amount of cards just from using Basic deck to collect gold from Quests then using that gold to do Arenas and winning in Arena to get cards.

People that say this game is P2W are generally the same people that even if they threw enough money at the game to own all the cards would still lose anyway or people that don't ACTUALLY want to put time into the game.

Owning the cards =/= being able to use them to get to Rank 1.

TL;DR: Cry more.
    The game is more fun if you pay for cards tho. I quit this game only because i've got tired of getting bad luck on card drops and because when i think "wow having this card in my deck would be fun... oh i don't have that one, i hope packs from arena matches will give me any... nope, it's more argent protectors, thanks blizz".

But being upset about losing games in HS is quite dumb, you are by very very little means are outskilled by your opponent, it's not like you are playing sc2, where the one and only reason you lose games because you are fucking scrub and suck at it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I haven't even spent money on this new expansion. Seems like Blizzard keeps throwing out these expansions with a bunch of shitty cards. Basically confirms Blizzard is very greedy.
    Wait, so they're greedy for avoiding power creep and instead taking the risk that their new set won't provide enough incentive for the players to buy it?
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account
    If you think the cards in LoE are shitty, it just confirms to me that you have no idea how to play this game.

Only the first wing has been released so far and it's already dramatically altering the meta, allowing for new viable control archetypes (highlander), a new viable shaman archetype, and slowing down the game overall by punishing aggro decks.

You call Blizzard greedy, but you can unlock each wing for 700g, which takes just a little over a week to earn. Even if you just start saving up your gold today, you can have the entire adventure unlocked in about a month. That's 45 guaranteed cards, 5 of which are rather powerful legendaries.

On top of that, this adventure has 45 cards (previous adventures had 30) and only 4 wings (previous adventures had 5). Which means it's 45 cards for 2100 gold instead of 30 cards for 2800 gold. How is that greedy?

Deleted
    IMO it's best to buy adventures for money. You are guaranteed to get good cards out of them, you're not gambling your money against silly pack RNG doing that. It's a game, most computer games cost money. It's now getting a bit high though as we have 3 adventures for a total of 60 dollars? Yeah that's an equivalent of AAA game.

Or just play arena. I play like that even tho I'm not a stellar player. If I don't get enough wins to get my 150g back, I make it up through questing. Tavern Brawl is a good way to do these quests if you have no cards (winning games in constructed without any cards can be difficult)

If you're going to buy packs (gold or money) GvG packs contain the most powerful cards, Classic packs are always good because of sheer number of cards, TGT packs are atm the worst with just few notable examples. Some of the best cards in the game (like Piloted Shredder) are common and easily craftable.

I have just started the game, and have 300 gold. Most (if not all) of the viable 'endgame' decks contain some cards from all of the adventure wings. That means, i should unlock full naxxramas, blackrock, and the new xpac presumably. It costs 700 gold per wing, so 3500 for naxx, another 3500 for blackrock, and 700 for the new LoE wing, 7700 in a total sum. Farming up 7700 gold with a full starter deck? Does not seem to be really viable for me even with the added cards after all completed adventures, not to mention the GvG and Tournament cards you might need as well not to be a punching bag in every matches.

About a month ago, there was an interview with one of the devs, and he said they are aware about the problem with the current gold prices, and they will address it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    I have just started the game, and have 300 gold. Most (if not all) of the viable 'endgame' decks contain some cards from all of the adventure wings. That means, i should unlock full naxxramas, blackrock, and the new xpac presumably. It costs 700 gold per wing, so 3500 for naxx, another 3500 for blackrock, and 700 for the new LoE wing, 7700 in a total sum. Farming up 7700 gold with a full starter deck? Does not seem to be really viable for me even with the added cards after all completed adventures, not to mention the GvG and Tournament cards you might need as well not to be a punching bag in every matches.

About a month ago, there was an interview with one of the devs, and he said they are aware about the problem with the current gold prices, and they will address it in the future.
    You don't need to fully unlock every adventure beyond Naxx. You only need the first wing of BRM for Thaurissan unless you want to make a dragon deck (in which case you will need to unlock it all). If you buy packs don't buy GvG or TGT but focus on classic Packs. No idea how much of LoE you will eventually need but the first 2 wings are great for Shaman and the first wing gives you access to Highlander archetypes.

Personally I would advise anyone to just pay cash monies for the Adventures, they represent the most value for money you can get in HS. LoE was £12.99, that didn't strike me as bank breaking but obviously YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    If you think the cards in LoE are shitty, it just confirms to me that you have no idea how to play this game.

Only the first wing has been released so far and it's already dramatically altering the meta, allowing for new viable control archetypes (highlander), a new viable shaman archetype, and slowing down the game overall by punishing aggro decks.

You call Blizzard greedy, but you can unlock each wing for 700g, which takes just a little over a week to earn. Even if you just start saving up your gold today, you can have the entire adventure unlocked in about a month. That's 45 guaranteed cards, 5 of which are rather powerful legendaries.

On top of that, this adventure has 45 cards (previous adventures had 30) and only 4 wings (previous adventures had 5). Which means it's 45 cards for 2100 gold instead of 30 cards for 2800 gold. How is that greedy?
    Maybe not shitty but it seems like the cards in general are becoming worse with every expansion. You are right it is the only wing out and still too early to tell but I doubt it will be better than naxx or gvg. I'm tired of arguing with people when it comes to calling Blizzard greedy. They are greedy, get over it, there are plenty of games with micro-transactions with more reasonable prices. It's not a big deal if you been playing for a while and have accumulated most of the cards. I couldn't imagine grinding out all the expansions for people just starting this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Personally I would advise anyone to just pay cash monies for the Adventures, they represent the most value for money you can get in HS. LoE was £12.99, that didn't strike me as bank breaking but obviously YMMV.
    Obviously everyone can afford £12.99 it's not the money holding people back. Value for money is meaningless in a pay-to-win game, you get infinite "value for money" playing for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Obviously everyone can afford £12.99 it's not the money holding people back. Value for money is meaningless in a pay-to-win game, you get infinite "value for money" playing for free.
    Except clearly people who spend get more value because they don't make hundreds of posts on this forum complaining about how they can't rank up without good cards and how the game sucks and blizzard hates them. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

After the first couple expacs, this game is no longer 'new-player friendly'. It would take literally forever for a new player to get the gold and dust to obtain the cards needed for the current meta.

Hi there. I have enough cards to make any virtually deck in the game, including a full control warrior, handlock, secret paladin, you name it. I didn't buy a single pack.

So assuming you truly can't win because other players have better cards (and that's not really how HS works), you need to realise that it's not necessarily deep pockets that are beating you. Some people have just invested more time in the game and have more progression than you do.

Don't like the progression aspect of the game? Play arena.

And P.S. I regularly get my ass kicked by basic bitch decks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post

Not really, most decklists have a smattering of cards from various expansions/adventures but they typically have substitutes. Some of the Naxx wings arguably have the most "important" cards, but BRM not so much. Cards like Thaurissan are not deck-makers. Some archetypes won't be playable of course - if you want a Dragon Priest you'll need BRM. But generally speaking, most decks are majority basic cards.

Personally I don't think any adventures are mandatory (maybe some Naxx wings at a stretch) but they certainly help and are great value. I buy adventures, mostly because I hate saving gold, I like spending it regularly. Also I feel like I should pay SOMETHING for a game I get zillions of hours of fun from...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by JeeroyLenkins View Post
    In any event, I feel like this game rewards the most despicable aspects of gaming behavior. Deep pocket players benefit the most, pay to win culture from day one, and higher ranked players can get easy gold by down-ranking and owning noobs. I can't have fun anymore playing like this.
    You can easily hit legend with a super cheap face hunter deck (Played correctly), or a decent zoo deck should still be able to break rank 10 with ease. Furthermore Trump has been doing free to play to legend decks since the start of Hearthstone (And is currently doing a F2P priest run I believe). If you aren't breaking ranks 17 or 18, it doesnt have to do with the cards you have.

Really the only time paid players have a huge avantage is if you are trying for like rank 1 legend, or want to compete in the biggest tournaments. Otherwise anyone should be able to hit high enough ranks with a variety of cheap decks.

Fun little thread from hearthpwn: http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hear...take-to-get-to

Regardless of the deck(s) you have, expect to put some serious time into playing to hit legend. (note: no, I didn't verify any of the maths involved with this post).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Except clearly people who spend get more value because they don't make hundreds of posts on this forum complaining about how they can't rank up without good cards and how the game sucks and blizzard hates them. etc.
    Yeah and the people who don't spend like me are always bewildered at the P2W crying because you don't need to spend a cent to win at this game
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

TIL: Hearthstone is a card game.

No shit OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Luckily you can use the cards you don't want to help craft the ones you do want.
    But of course, you should NOT expect to put amazing decks together without some money.
    Acting like this is something other than fair is your own fault.

There are no truly free games that have a competitive scene.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV