Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post
    i thought about moving there but the sun and everything in the country trying to kill you put me off lol. a
    Well how exactly is that different from Scotland?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Glasgow as an alternative to a crime ridden hovel? Come again?

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...URISERV:l33152

"KEY POINTS

EU citizens with a valid identity card or passport may:
    Enter another EU country, as may their family members - whether EU citizens or not - without requiring an exit or entry visa.
    Live in another EU country for up to 3 months without any conditions or formalities.
    Live in another EU country for longer than 3 months subject to certain conditions, depending on their status in the host country. Those who are employed or self-employed do not need to meet any other conditions. Students and other people not working for payment, such as those in retirement, must have sufficient resources for themselves and their family, so as not to be a burden on the host country’s social assistance system, and comprehensive sickness insurance cover.
    Have to register with the relevant authorities if living in the country longer than 3 months. Their family members, if not EU nationals, require a residence card valid for 5 years.
    Be entitled to permanent residence if they have lived legally in another EU country for a continuous period of 5 years. This also applies to family members.
    Have the right to be treated on an equal footing with nationals of the host country. However, host authorities are not obliged to grant benefits to EU citizens not working for payment during the first 3 months of their stay.
    In addition
    Family members may, under certain conditions, retain the right to live in the country concerned if the EU citizen dies or leaves the country.
    EU citizens, or family members, may be expelled if they behave in a way that seriously threatens one of society’s fundamental interests.
    The only diseases which justify restricting a person’s freedom of movement are those which the World Health Organizationconsiders to have epidemic potential."
    This is also taken from that link, in addition to what you shared.
    EU freedom of movement and residence

European Union citizens have the right to move freely and live in another EU country, subject to any conditions set out in the EU’s treaties. This free movement of people is one of the EU’s fundamental principles.

Also, the line which states that there are no other conditions required for foreign EU citizens staying longer than 3 months
    if they are employed or self employed. They have to register with the authorities but yeah. Does this not qualify as being able to live and work anywhere in the EU to you?

Estonia, go.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjor View Post
    Also, the line which states that there are no other conditions required for foreign EU citizens staying longer than 3 months
    if they are employed or self employed. They have to register with the authorities but yeah. Does this not qualify as being able to live and work anywhere in the EU to you?
    Think for a second. What if you lose your job? What if your job contract is temporary? These terms don't apply then anymore. And then we are going to the specifics of said country and their regulations. They might boot you out, or they don't. But you are definitely not free to live​ in another EU country.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    ...somewhere new and exciting...
    Be careful what you wish for...not all things new and exciting are necessarily good things.

I would recommend trying to visit a place you are considering for a good month to see if it really is a place you'd like to live. This will give you time to get to know locals that will let you know what living there is like as opposed to just visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well how exactly is that different from Scotland?
    we dont have deadly spiders like the black widow, or massive fucking spiders like the huntsman (its a fucking mutant bug!), also even the bushes random set on fire! O.o, dont get me wrong its frickin awesome ! but i wanna live a few more years lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Mark all the places you want to go to on a map, devise a travel plan. Take 6 months to a year off (in Europe they do allow an employment break especially if they want to keep you), if you stay in hostels you can explore the world before settling down, it is not that expensive i have relatives who did this. If you really want snow (god knows why) you really need to look more north obviously, since even in places like Belgium you really don't get that much snow and not even every winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    but the snow is so soft, i thought about moving there but the sun and everything in the country trying to kill you put me off lol. also isnt it hard to move there ? :S
    Australia's fairly open to working immigrants, not sure on the requirements, but:
    - 28% of our population was born outside of australia
    - 34.3% of people had both parents born overseas.

So it can't be -that- hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Russia is nice this time of year I hear.

I wanted to move once...then I realized the rest of the world is just as fucked as us. It's better to start your own country.

10+ Year Old Account
    we dont have deadly spiders like the black widow, or massive fucking spiders like the huntsman (its a fucking mutant bug!), also even the bushes random set on fire! O.o, dont get me wrong its frickin awesome ! but i wanna live a few more years lol
    Don't go to sydney if you don't want black widows.

Huntsman spiders are harmless.

Don't live near the bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjor View Post
    This is also taken from that link, in addition to what you shared.
    EU freedom of movement and residence

European Union citizens have the right to move freely and live in another EU country, subject to any conditions set out in the EU’s treaties. This free movement of people is one of the EU’s fundamental principles.

In Sweden you have the right of residence and can stay longer than three months if you're employed or have enough money to support yourself for at least a year (as well as comprehensive medical insurance). If you plan on staying longer than a year you need to register with the tax agency, who require you to have a certain amount of funds to support yourself (somewhere around €25,000). So its not really a case of just moving somewhere and being able to stay there because you have an EU passport.

I live in America and I wouldn't recommend it. Canada, like Toronto seems nice.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Come to Portugal mate

turists love us here, we're a welcoming country, we have sun almost all year round and we're one of the safest countries in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Do you really live in westerhails? I done some work in westerhails shopping centre. There were more security guards than shoppers, mainly because of the junkie shoplifters. The junkies were mostly banned from the shopping centre but the only post office, and therefore the only place the westerhails junkie could cash their giro, was in the shopping centre. As you could imagine, this lead to much verbal and occasional physical confrontation between security guard and junkie. As a by stander there was much comedic/tragic drama to behold.

But this was a few decades back and I have never had cause to return, so I'll take your word that Westerhails is on par with morningside
    abit off topic but
    it may not be on par with morningside but its gonna alot better since they knocked down some houses and relocated some of the junkies in the area. small world :P lol

ontopic
    i was thinking of canada because i miss the snow :'( but basically as a web developer ( student ) ive been looking for work opportunities and there doesnt seem to be many in scotland even junior posistions require 5 years work experiece ( its like wtf ). and i seen quite alot over seas ( mostly in U.S and canada ) which got me thinking about moving. but im 27 so id rather move while im young(ish) before its too late. i was looking for sponsors in canada but from what i found in a quick google search you need to be top notch candidate to get a work sponsor and is really hard to get a company to sponsor you.
    Last edited by Isoz; 2015-11-17 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    America.

Cause America.

For real though, for all the people hating on Americans, the USA is not a bad place to live. I am not sure what it is like in Scotland, but I have heard people having a decent opinion about the states once they actually live here.

Hate our government all you want, but there are still very interesting and diverse locations in the united states. New York might be an interesting place, since you mentioned it.
    Actually, I consider myself a democrat, I like the U.S. politics overall, I like what Obama was trying to build, I like the culture, I love the language, I get along with the people I meet from U.S. but you know what I hate?

You guys have incredibly hardcore rules for even visting your country. I literally have no idea where to even begin, if I wanted to move to Northern America.

Mexico, a place where you can get stabbed for looking at someone's girl.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Mexico, a place where you can get stabbed for looking at someone's girl.
    I'll raise with Saudi Arabia; a place where your girl gets stoned if someone looks at her!

Me personally, I would move to Iceland, seems like a nice place, though the language barrier is daunting. I'd go for somewhere like Norway or Finland (My personal choice).

Move to Detroit, you wont be bored anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Their economy is 8x smaller so that functionality isn't translating to productivity very well.
    we have 1/10 the population, whatd you expect?

also BLM isnt a thing up here
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!