Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Now, starting from the fact that we have never been so much excited about an expansion after wotlk (2008)
    Yeah, bullshit. Many saw WoD as the secondcoming of TBC or something to that effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yeah, bullshit. Many saw WoD as the secondcoming of TBC or something to that effect.
    Which, to be completely fair, it could have been if Blizzard had actually supported the expansion with proper post-launch content.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

reassurance topic is reassuring

Subs will never be high again. People will resub then unsub again because they are casuals and no matter WHAT blizzard puts in they wont do it and complain there is nothing to do.
    But this is actually a VERY good thing for this game. Bleeding those types of people means that the game can finally have a community that isn't horrible.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    'Legendary WoW'? More like 'Wellfare Legendary WoW' OHHHHHH!

But seriously, I'm betting the opposite, hop up to 9 mil for legion and then plummet to 4 mil by the end. But now that blizzard is worried their backers will pull out they'll never show the sub numbers. We'll probably learn how much they're making off of the F2P (Without the F2P) shop, but that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Which, to be completely fair, it could have been if Blizzard had actually supported the expansion with proper post-launch content.
    Yeah it could have been, but the point is, OP is so sure all these "awesome sauce" will make WoW great again, which is all the things people thought WoD would make WoW great again, but that turned out to be a complete flop.

The only way Legion will save WoW is if Blizzard can keep up the contents (both raid and non raid), give people things to do (that is not complete grind fest or stay in your little phased area all day), maybe new type of content that actually be engaging.

It could turn out great, it could turn out to be another flop, it isn't what the expansion theme is about, or what class they are introducing, it is amount (and speed of release) of contents that Blizzard need to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Garrison was such a fuckup I don't know how you could recover from that. Almost everything in WoD is tied to it in one way or another.

You're crazy if you think they're going to follow LEGION with another island expansion. No, no, Old Gods or bust. Maybe something with Titans, and Sargeras. Something massiver-r.

Or, y'know, quirky like MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Garrison was such a fuckup I don't know how you could recover from that. Almost everything in WoD is tied to it in one way or another.
    Easy, make it stays with WoD and don't link it to any Legion contents.

Just don't make a Garrison 2.0 and they will be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Maybe something with Titans, and Sargeras. Something massiver-r.
    If they make Sargeras then it will really be the end of WoW lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, they're never going to report on subscription numbers again so we probably won't have any solid metrics to judge by...
    That's interesting news, was this announced during the last call or Blizzcon? Seems to be that is another negative notch if that's the case. Guess they are tired of all the "you lost X subs because of XYZ post".

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Easy, make it stays with WoD and don't link it to any Legion contents.

Just don't make a Garrison 2.0 and they will be fine.
    The conversation was about how they could've saved WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Didn't people predicted the same thing with WoD...???
    And MOP...
    And Cata...

WTF? No never happening. Golden age of MMOs are over and nothing will reverse the trend
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Sorry, but Blizzard stated (at the end of Mists I believe) that they don't expect World of Warcraft to ever post a positive net gain of subscribers ever again.

That doesn't however mean they're not going to keep making expansions, or even content patches in lieu of those.
    It also doesn't mean that subs wont bottom out at a very respectable number and still makes them in the high hundreds of millions of dollar a year still. We will never know, but I dont expect WoW to drop below 2m subs for at least 5 years if not 10. Ftp for 2024 WoWs 20th anniversary.

Subs will probably go through the roof again and then drop again. Depending on how much there is to do it will go a little faster or slower.

Predicting stuff based on how great the idea of the expansion is in your head right now works about as well as predicting WoW to die soon, based on you having just canceled your sub.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    well seeing as how they said during the last quarterly call that theyd no longer report sub numbers, we'll probably never know.

that being said, sure i think there'd be an influx of players, just like there has been with the release of every expansion, but look at the trend since mid way thru WotLK and you'll see that with every sharp incline theres a pretty steady downfall. i wouldnt expect WoW to ever sustain 10 million subscribers again.

WoW will never be on the rise ever again, it's simply past its prime, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. It's the game that remained widely played the longest in the history of computer games. With Legion, a sharp rise will come, as the casual players come flowing in, only to hit level 110, maybe do a couple of (QUEUEABLE!!!) dungeons, and then be gone again until the next expansion.

That's the way it goes.

Oh I really hope so, but only time will tell. I am essentially in the camp described. I haven't played in a while but am extremely excited to start up again with the return of the Legion. I am also not in the category of being "older and growing bored". I am in my 20s and still have a huge spot in my gamer heart for MMORPGs and especially for WoW. I really do hope there are many others like me.

Deleted
    Is op 6 years old or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    ...and we'll never know if you're right.

But I'm rooting for you (and WoW). I'm rooting for you.
    If subs go up there is a chance they would announce it but not as quarterly report.