Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    It's total clickbait. I mean, the original comic is already well past what season two would be and he's still screwing around like the Saitama we all know and love. Also, Amai Mask gets destroyed by Garou, the real villain of the next arc. Saitama wins effortlessly a few minutes later.
    Thank god. I mean, that's not really a spoiler as Saitama being way too strong is the entire premise of the anime. The day Saitama loses is the day OPM can no longer be called OPM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

He'll tie with Genos at the end of the manga I guarantee it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That would be disappointing. No one should ever come close to his power.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    That would be disappointing. No one should ever come close to his power.
    Genos has a goal, to become as strong as Saitama. No opponent will ever give Saitama a proper fight until Genos reaches his epitome and tears down his limits just like Saitama did with his training.

Deleted
    Thank god. I mean, that's not really a spoiler as Saitama being way too strong is the entire premise of the anime. The day Saitama loses is the day OPM can no longer be called OPM.
    I am more in love with every villain of the serie than Saitama.
    And i think thats why the serie is so awesome

Makes me remember the episode of Samurai Jack vs Bounty Hunters and Suicide Squad (Batman: Assault on Arkham).

We end up liking the Villains more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genos has a goal, to become as strong as Saitama. No opponent will ever give Saitama a proper fight until Genos reaches his epitome and tears down his limits just like Saitama did with his training.
    And Genos should never reach that goal. It's OK to keep making him more and more powerful with his upgrades, but Saitama should always be out of reach. Always.

Saitama's training is a joke. He didn't actually train for that power, he just got it through the power of gag and satirical writing. Or do you think doing 100 push ups/squats/sit ups and running 10 km a day would give someone that power? Saitama got that power because that's the gag the entire premise revolves around. No amount of actual training or upgrade Genos gets should ever reach Saitama's "gag" power.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-02-25 at 01:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing that makes this show so epic is the thought of Saitama being so stupidly overpowered. I hope it stays that way honestly, when I was told about the show I thought it sounded stupid and would get boring with him winning so easily. Holy shit I was wrong, It's so awesome, I hope no one ever comes close to beating him, my fave part about the show is people finding out how strong he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    The thing that makes this show so epic is the thought of Saitama being so stupidly overpowered. I hope it stays that way honestly, when I was told about the show I thought it sounded stupid and would get boring with him winning so easily. Holy shit I was wrong, It's so awesome, I hope no one ever comes close to beating him, my fave part about the show is people finding out how strong he is.
    This guy gets it.

Nah, there's no way. It'd be so totally inconsistent with the theme that at that point it'd no longer be satire.

Genos doesn't have a journey either. He just gets his ass kicked, then his old scientist guy upgrades him. It's not Genos making himself stronger. He even keeps repeating the exact same mistakes over and over again, without improving at all.

Also, it'd be lame.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

White text is slight vague manga spoilers, don't highlight text unless you want to see vague manga spoilers.

This is obviously just my opinion but it's in my belief that nobody will ever reach the point of Saitama. That's the point of Saitama and why he is basically the ultimate Hero, the entire point of Saitama is to beat everyone and by doing so inspire people to become stronger, notice how he never physically destroys any Human opponents? Because he knows they can be inspired to change and become stronger, even his human villains like Hammerhead, Sonic, Genus and possibly even the newest villain to the manga who is ...kinda human. Saitama himself mentions this off-hand near the very start of the series how Humans have the highest potential to change. Any non-human villain in the series just seems to get obliterated. I don't think Saitama will ever find his match and that is the entire point of his character and it's also the tragic and iconic part of his character because he's really focused on meeting his match in battle which will probably never come and the humour in that is that he is missing the fact he is inspiring everyone that notices his incredible power because he simply doesn't care. Genos consistently highlights how Saitama is an incredible Hero by being totally selfless with saving the world, letting other people take the credit for his deeds, getting slandered and inspiring people but Saitama doesn't seem to be noticing what he's actually achieving because he's so focused on finally meeting his match, just look at how he didn't give a shred of shit when a particular hero took all the credit for him destroying all the monsters at the very start of the series, he's totally selfless. Whilst obviously Saitama will face stronger and stronger opponents to keep the series fresh and interesting and we'll delve more into the serious side of his character I don't think he'll ever lose a single fight, Saitama's character/hero progression will be more of a mental battle of him figuring out that there's more to being a hero than defeating the strongest monsters so he can become the Superman-esque Figurehead of the characters. Saitama is also the comic relief spectacle fighter that will have insane, flashy destructive fights vs the ridiculously powerful villains that thrash everyone else and kick people to the moon and turn stuff into plasma with how fast they are moving, and he'll beat them in a few punches. Ultimately Genos is filling the stereotypical Shonen Hero role and will be the main character doing the power ups, the struggling and the losing physically because he has the mental attributes of being a progressing hero down to the nail, him and Saitama are basically polar opposites in terms of hero weakness and if Saitama merged with Genos and understood how a Hero isn't just based on their strength but also ability to inspire and become a figurehead to people like Genos understands then you'd have the Ultimate Hero encompassed in one body right there.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-02-25 at 10:12 PM.

Or do you think doing 100 push ups/squats/sit ups and running 10 km a day would give someone that power?
    It's simply OPM's logic. Breaking your limits will give you power. Just like the Lobster guy and Saitama.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's simply OPM's logic. Breaking your limits will give you power. Just like the Lobster guy and Saitama.
    Nah, OPM's logic is Saitama is a god among insects and that's what makes the plot interesting. No way will anyone come close to his power. Genos will undoubtedly keep evolving in power with new abilities and such, he represents your typical shounen hero (DBZ, HXH, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, etc where hero trains and gradually becomes stronger) but OPM is a satire of this and Saitama exists outside the logic of shounen heroes. He can literally one punch the universe's God and then have a stupid blank look on his face afterwards and wonder where he'll have to go to buy his dinner because the wind from his punch just blew up the entire city.

One of my favorite anime's and the creator is making another anime based on one of his manga.

Mob psycho 100
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8g3TuKsQHs

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't Genos mostly machine? Is their even enough of him to limit break? Garou is the only one who can come close to Saitama in my opinion.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-02-26 at 06:47 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

That sucks... Hope it sells well here/Europe to be enough for them to make a S2.

Edit: Just googled and it looks like OPM is doing VERY well in Japan and western world. https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan...of_its_entire/ and the manga sold over 7M copies already, which is ridiculously good. Hopefully it's enough for them to do a S2.

Edit Edit: Looks like S2 might be released as early as 4th quarter of this year. http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles...ble-winter.htm also, what's with that title? How the fuck can Saitama be killed? That's stupid. That title is stupid. Fuck that stupid title.
    I first heard it on Anime Addicts Anonymous, they had a trip to Japan and were amazed by how little merchandise there was.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan..._man_in_japan/

I wouldn't say it's hugely popular, but it does okay.

I see the ads for the DVDs on the train, and some of the merchandise has started showing up (I recently got a Tatsumaki gachapon).

According to this japanese website's poll, it's tied for 10th best anime of 2015 (out of 50, so not bad)

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I first heard it on Anime Addicts Anonymous, they had a trip to Japan and were amazed by how little merchandise there was.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan..._man_in_japan/

I wouldn't say it's hugely popular, but it does okay.

I see the ads for the DVDs on the train, and some of the merchandise has started showing up (I recently got a Tatsumaki gachapon).

According to this japanese website's poll, it's tied for 10th best anime of 2015 (out of 50, so not bad)
    Does the anime only have to be popular in Japan in order for it to get a S2? I mean, if it's 10th best in Japan for that year but then turns around and makes bank on the international market, wouldn't it be enough to green light a S2?

i.e. A popular Japanese anime makes $3m USD in Japan and another $1m USD internationally vs one that makes $1m USD in Japan and then blows up internationally and makes $5m USD.

Deleted
    SPOILERS

This is my favorite scene from the whole anime

surprised no one is talking about mob psycho 100, anime from the creator of one punch man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuZmoTuN5UA

watched the 2 episodes out and i like it so far.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Getting a second season!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I want to find out about is who Blast is supposed to be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm fully aware of this. He wasn't even shown in the webisodes. He just seemed to be hyped up by the other S rank heroes since he would only respond to distress calls if it was a god level threat.