Thread: Frost and NP?

7+ Year Old Account

Frost and NP?

stalking a few profiles this morning and saw half a dozen guys NP as Frost over Defile.. Got me thinking would this be good on M Gorefiend. Also, I was having a shit fit using Defile last night cause the tanks are bred from a uterus called the dumb bell factory.

Or even just any fight in general. IF NP is a decent choice for frost, would we take Unholy Blight or PL?

Another frost question- too many mixed reviews on trinkets. standard EDH and DC but some swear by UnH and Vial. Small margin use M Pebble. oi vay too many choices!!

- - - Updated - - -

the more I troll WoL and more profiles I look at it seems NP Frost was very popular last night and they all used M Pebble. Council, Kilrog, Gorefiend, etc. at first I thought they were frost spec and NP on Gorefiend but some guys did it all night and ranked
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

If you play NP frost use plague leech. It's good on some fights (archimonde lol) but I would generally use defile instead on any other frost fight (except maybe HFA and Xhul).

Maybe I am not using it right, but my defile + frost fever + blood plague do more damage on archi HC than necrotic plague.

Generally if you're playing Frost the breaking point before was if you have EDH you use Defile and if not you use Np (with PL). I would imagine since both abilities and the trinket all scaled the same up generally, that it still rings true.
    People switching to X talent or such after a patch means almost nothing. I could decide I don't wana do Unholy and do Frost instead one night, not bother to switch to Defile, not that I wouldn't have it anyways, and still do great. That doesn't mean NP is suddenly good though

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Maybe I am not using it right, but my defile + frost fever + blood plague do more damage on archi HC than necrotic plague.
    I had these exact same results when I was doing Archi. Even before I got EDH, I was getting better results with Defile on this, and many other fights. With EDH, the difference was slightly more pronounced.

However, when my ring hit 750 I switched over to Unholy full time. For Unholy, Necroblight is the way to go on Archi I have found.
    Last edited by v1rus; 2015-11-18 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    If you play NP frost use plague leech. It's good on some fights (archimonde lol) but I would generally use defile instead on any other frost fight (except maybe HFA and Xhul).
    If you're mid mythic progress like me stuff dies so fast on arch hc and the fight so short that pre soaking rp and unholy bos just blasts dw frost away at the start.

Unless dw frost gets lucky 4pc

For mythic progress ill mix and match specs and trinkets depending on what job I'm doing and how the raid as a whole does on the mechanics and adds etc.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2015-11-18 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Stupid phone auto text

They're pretty close, and NP is passive, so I use it as frost out of sheer laziness.