Thread: i hate revival.

7+ Year Old Account

i hate revival.

They think revival overpowered? But the fact is it's unusable during my progression.

Is the reason they don't give us any utility because of Revival? That makes us MUST do more healing than shaman. I hate that logic.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2015-11-18 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    Revival is not really overpowered, on paper it arguably does almost the same amount of healing as Tranquility and Healing Tide Totem. Only difference is that Revival fills in a different niche. For some mechanics Tranq and HTT are the better choice, like pulsing AoE damage, however when the entire raid gets a heavy hit you can quickly top them off with Revival before the next big hit.
    I would take Revival over Tranq/HTT anytime, alltho Restoration Shamans do have their other big Cooldowns.

When it comes to utility for a Mistweaver; our ability to deal out more damage than any other healer and Touch of Death on priority targets is frequently overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuhtah View Post
    Revival is not really overpowered, on paper it arguably does almost the same amount of healing as Tranquility and Healing Tide Totem. Only difference is that Revival fills in a different niche. For some mechanics Tranq and HTT are the better choice, like pulsing AoE damage, however when the entire raid gets a heavy hit you can quickly top them off with Revival before the next big hit.
    I would take Revival over Tranq/HTT anytime, alltho Restoration Shamans do have their other big Cooldowns.

When it comes to utility for a Mistweaver; our ability to deal out more damage than any other healer and Touch of Death on priority targets is frequently overlooked.
    oh everything being removed in legion?
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

7+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Yuhtah;37350923]however when the entire raid gets a heavy hit you can quickly top them off with Revival before the next big hit. [\QUOTE]

But in reality a heavy hit won't happen except some raiders make mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=cqwrteur;37352552]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuhtah View Post
    however when the entire raid gets a heavy hit you can quickly top them off with Revival before the next big hit. [\QUOTE]

What? Almost every encounter features heavy burst raid wide damage, because of 3 minute cooldowns.

Also lol @ saying revival isn't overpowered. Every throughput raid cd is overpowered.

Deleted
    Revival isn't overpower COMPARED to other healing cds. In terms of healing, yes, it is way too strong and not needed.

As Suplift said, every encouter has burst damage ( especially last few bosses Archi, Mannaroth, Xhul...) but it's debatable if healing cds are really needed on those.

They definitely help, but aren't really needed at the current gear levels.

For example, my revival tonight was for the 3rd set of Infernals on Archi, but we had a dark conduit blow up. Used my revival on the conduit hit and we just healed the infernals normally.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Supliftz;37352583]
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post

What? Almost every encounter features heavy burst raid wide damage, because of 3 minute cooldowns.

Also lol @ saying revival isn't overpowered. Every throughput raid cd is overpowered.
    I think you might misunderstand what overpowered means

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I think you might misunderstand what overpowered means
    Throughput raid cds in relation to the other spells are insanely overpowered.

That's the whole point.

Revival is an "Oh ... SHIT!" situation button. It's an amazing raid saver and an excellent dispelling tool. If you don't need to use it, you should be happy because simply put, your raid is doing their jobs well enough to not need such a tool.

Yes, that can be frustrating when looking at the meters and judging your performance on that basis. But when you're healing there are two things, and only two things you should be concerned about;

1) Did we down the boss?
    2) Did we down the boss with everyone alive?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Throughput raid cds in relation to the other spells are insanely overpowered.

That's the whole point.
    If everyone has them....

Sure Revival might be "overpowered" compared to uplift. But thats not really how you use that word

Deleted
    My experience with Revival is that it's pretty bad if it's used like tranquility, to put the raid back up, compared to tranquility and co.

However, it's much better than tranquility as an oh shit button, because it don't really need any kind of setup or anything.

It don't quite serve the same role as other throughput CD in my opinion, yet people often act as if it were.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Huh, but mistakes do happen in reality. If nobody would make mistakes we'd probably have less healing slots or less powerful healing overall. Healing is much about correcting the mistakes of others - or put differently, allowing others to squeeze out extra DPS by investing your big heals into keeping them alive. It's give and take. Optimization. That is reality.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.