Legion Restro Shaman Attacks

Something I've not read about, but thought about last night in a raid, if the elemental attacks like shocks, chain lightning etc become Maelstrom based, how does that work with the mana based Restro spec?

It would be strange if the spells are old style on one spec, and remade for the other specs, as a Restro shaman it would be nice to shoot some frost shocks without shared cooldown to the other shocks for example.

Just wondered if anyone knew any information on this?

7+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that they will keep the same thing they have now;
    make them cost little to no mana.
    The true demon lord.

Resto. As in Restoration.

DPS abilities will likely be low mana and I'd expect the Telluric Currents glyph to remain in play either in its current or somewhat altered form. I suppose that might depend on just how much DPS healers are actually intended to do; devs have suggested healers will be able to contribute meaningful dps to a raid and be able to quest in healer spec, so how that will be accomplished I would suspect is in testing right now.

I'm curious as to if Resto will lose the shared Shock cooldown that we have on live now, or if we'll lose it like Elemental and Enhancement will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shammysheep View Post
    Just wondered if anyone knew any information on this?
    There is no information. It's a very niche thing, and wasting space during a class preview talking about it would upset far more people than it made happy. It's also not something particularly important, so they probably won't even bother looking at it until some time during beta. We may not know until the end of beta. Until then, it's all just player speculation.

That said, Lava Burst for restoration already works differently than Lava Burst for elemental (different spell power coefficient and mana cost), so there's no reason why it would change at all. Most likely, it'll work exactly the same as it does now regardless of what happens to the elemental version of the spell. The same goes for shocks.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I will be very surprised if Chain Lightning isn't added to Telluric Currents. Resto also needs something similar to Lava Surge, unless they're planning on inventing a completely new rotation for Resto and not just cherry picking random components from Ele/Enh.

Given that they want all healers to be capable of providing meaningful damage during downtime, I expect our damage output to no less than triple. That would put us on par with average tank DPS if we almost completely ignore healing.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2015-11-19 at 01:53 PM.