Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Rose McGowan slams Caitlyn Jenner on winning woman of the year

The Charmed actress took to Facebook Monday to slam the reality star for her interview with Buzzfeed,where she stating that, the "hardest part about being a woman is figuring out what to wear."

I can't post links yet so here's the url

etonline.com/news/176222_rose_mcgowan_slams_caitlyn_jenner_s_woman_of_the_year_speech/

Deleted
    Thats very transphobic of her.

Deleted
    Has Caitlyn Jenner even been a woman for a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Thats a real slap in the face to other women out there
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The woman of the year has a penis is quite a joke....

7+ Year Old Account
    The one glaring question I have is.

What has Caitlyn Jenner done to become woman of the year? What outstanding feat deserves this award, when there are countless others.

This was nothing more than a political move.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

What has Caitlyn Jenner done to become woman of the year? What outstanding feat deserves this award, when there are countless others.
    This is what I was thinking as well. I am not 100% sure if McGowan's comments were transphobic as one poster pointed out (unless they were joking, hard to tell sometimes).

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/living...eat/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    Glamour stood by the magazine's choices.

"Glamour was proud to honor Police Officer Moira Smith in 2001 and we stand by our decision to honor Caitlyn Jenner among our class of winners in 2015," a spokeswoman for the magazine wrote in an email.

"Caitlyn Jenner has helped shine a light on the problems faced by transgender youth and given voice to a community that is often unheard. Glamour's Women of the Year Awards recognizes brave, bold women who in their individual ways have all made a significant difference in the world."
    Answers that question I guess.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2015-11-18 at 06:37 PM.

Hit someone with her car i believe.

10+ Year Old Account

Not strangled the Kardashians in their sleep like she could have. Deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Caitlyn Jenner being voted woman of the year is just hilarious considering the countless female scientists and humanitarians more deserving of the award than her.

The only thing Jenner winning the prize shows is that apparently men are better at being women than women are.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You live in the world where Henry Kissinger got the Nobel Peace Price.
    Yes that is something that is truely a marvel or rather shows how little such things mean.

Jenner is more a woman than kissinger was ever peacefull.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Caitlyn Jenner being voted woman of the year is just hilarious considering the countless female scientists and humanitarians more deserving of the award than her.

The only thing Jenner winning the prize shows is that apparently men are better at being women than women are.
    That reminds me of an episode of Futurama. You know the one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bifftannan View Post
    The Charmed actress took to Facebook Monday to slam the reality star for her interview with Buzzfeed,where she stating that, the "hardest part about being a woman is figuring out what to wear."

I can't post links yet so here's the url

etonline.com/news/176222_rose_mcgowan_slams_caitlyn_jenner_s_woman_of_the_year_speech/
    Ha ha ha ha ha, what a country...No wonder so many over there want Putin.

Or that, you know, the people at glamour don't know shit about science. Which, I guess, sure, was pretty obvious, so in a way it didn't actually show us that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Thats very transphobic of her.
    Not really I think it is insulting to women to suggest the biggest hardship in their life is figuring out what to wear. This is also the same reason the husband of the woman firefighter who died on 9/11 returned her woman of the year award.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Hit someone with her car i believe.
    Not just hit, killed.

This must confuse the hell out of some feminists/SJW's.

It's a man stealing the spotlight from women.
    But then there's also that transgender thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Not really I think it is insulting to women to suggest the biggest hardship in their life is figuring out what to wear.
    What stupid stuff did other people say who received the award? Jenner can't be that special or in need of extra scrunity just because
    he/she wasn't born a woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't she have a penis still? How does that make her a women? Unless being a women refers to ones gender not sex now?

Let's not forget that she killed someone in a traffic accident...and that the event was immediately and conveniently brushed under the rug. Though a lot of these awards are a complete joke - they exist to pat a very specific set of people on the back for little more than being famous. Their contributions are often meaningless but because they're well known (or at least shoved into the spotlight at every possible turn) they are deluded into thinking they're a lot more iconic than the people who go out and help people day in, day out without ever needing to be patted on the back for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    What stupid stuff did other people say who received the award? Jenner can't be that special or in need of extra scrunity just because
    he/she wasn't born a woman.
    Well the one whose award was returned this year didn't say anything she died rescuing people.