Thread: If Trump wins

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If Trump wins

Do you think police become even more thuggish, racist, and aggressive?

if trump wins he'll probly kick all the minorities out of the country. whats the point of the police acting agressive towards white people? no point at all.

The true answer is nothing will change. Been like this for years. Doesn't matter who the president is. Nothing really changes.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    If he wins, the GOP as we know it is pretty much dead. I do not think they will let that happen.
    I hope so! I think the GOP is a relic of a bygone age.

I want a pro human advancement and preservation party emphasizing space travel to take its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Beside this being a troll question, police are run at the local level. Who is president makes absolutely no difference to us and won't change things either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Trump wins, I'm going to seriously look into moving to Canada.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    The true answer is nothing will change. Been like this for years. Doesn't matter who the president is. Nothing really changes.
    because we keep electing career Politians if you want change then do something different elect someone that isn't a career Politian

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I second that!
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how the US government is operated, but I often hear the US president doesn't have nearly as much power as a Prime Minister in the parliamentary system. If this is the case then what exactly does the President do?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

True. You you can't just change things overnight.

If he wins though we'll be the laughingstock of the world with a political system that is a total farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Translation: Having experience is bad, pick someone that has no experience, they will do better. Because that works well in every other profession.
    It seemed to work with Obama But I do wish term limits were a thing. Even if it was like, 4 terms max type of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Trump wins, reality will hit him hard and we will have another useless president in the white house.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Sorry; we are full up with Syrian refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    I don't know how the US government is operated, but I often hear the US president doesn't have nearly as much power as a Prime Minister in the parliamentary system. If this is the case then what exactly does the President do?
    The biggest things he does are: approve or veto legislation, command the military, and call Congress to meet in a session.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I don't know, I find it difficult to sit in judgement of people who have to deal with the absolute dregs of society on a day to day basis. I was incensed like everyone else with all the stories of unarmed people being shot, but eventually I came to realize the narrative was being pushed by people of privilege who consider being called a mean name grounds for acquiring PTSD.

When I lived in the Bronx, there were two types of neighborhoods: the first one being where people took some amount of pride in where they lived and kept the streets clean, the latter being neighborhoods where people let dogs crap all over the sidewalk. When you heard gunshots at night, they almost always came from the direction of the neighborhoods where people simply didn't give a damn. People who I knew that had lived there for decades had become so cynical that they simply called those people 'animals', something that a naive person who has lived a life of protected privilege would automatically call racist.

I also don't see many of the younger crowd who criticize police lining up to become police officers so they can change the system from within, so there is that. Maybe Trump would be a good thing for policing, if he was still able to talk without a PC filter he might start to shed light on things our society refuses to have a serious discussion about.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Isn't there enough Trump threads?

Anyways I don't see how Trump will have a major effect on our police force. The biggest problem he would create is in international relations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    http://www.socialstudieshelp.com/lesson_13_notes.htm

They have an image there (didn't want to hotlink it) that shows how the US government's power is distributed. It was set up that way to prevent a dictatorship, but the problem is that Congress ended up with a little too much weight, and therefore power, considering there are 435 members of the house, and 100 in the senate, and a bill has to pass with a majority in BOTH to even reach the presidents desk.

The president can issue an Executive Order, but they're generally only used in an emergency, and the POTUS generally requests permission from congress first (but not always), and doing so generally puts them in a bad light.
    Last edited by Vouksh89; 2015-11-18 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    if trump wins he'll probly kick all the minorities out of the country. whats the point of the police acting agressive towards white people? no point at all.
    this

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Well they are called "illegal immigrants" for a reason, we do allow people to come in "legally" through a vetting process. Which for the past 100 years, people have gone through this "legal process" like everyone else to become "legally" US citizens.