Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    I don't understand the Gazlowe hate, he's a great hero that works fantastically well all by himself the entire game and does ridiculous things when in a team fight. As for Cho'Gall, a 21.5% w/r is a lot to come up from during the learning period >.>
    Yeah, I don't get it either. I love play Gazlowe, especially how he can be by himself and merc'ing it and putting out a lot of pressure on the other team or busting through stuff while the team goes "Oh it's Gazlowe /ignore".

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Well the winrate is based on two people controlling one hero that is quite different to most released so far, and a lot of games are being played where randoms are teaming up with other randoms to unlock him

I had one where my Cho was literally typing to the Gall telling him what both of them do, because they didn't know each other and Gall hadn't played him before.

So yeah. It's skewed at the moment.
    Randoms messing up should be mostly QM though? Even his HL winrate is abyssmal, heck, even his TL winrate us generally terrible.

Oh, since so many people are talking about Gazlowe, appearently there are some changes in the works for him!
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2015-11-19 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    Cho'Gall has insane potential and a steep skill-curv, he will be played in the higher ranks once people realize

TBH the guy who gave me Cho'gall just did 2 games with AI team mates vs AI (Not least to avoid the lengthy queue times if you picked Cho'gall due to his popularity atm).

I wouldn't want to waste peoples time going into QM or anything more until we have a few more games under my belt, it would be like doing so with Lost Vikings or (to anextent) Abathur, some heroes are unusual enough you need to get used to them before jumping in the 'deep' end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Cho'Gall has insane potential and a steep skill-curv, he will be played in the higher ranks once people realize
    The potential range on his barrel o' fun and bouncing splatt could lead to some awesome plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    My friend and I are getting Better at him. He prefers using Runic Blast everytime it is possible, I like to use it to know that it will hit something. Very two different ways of playing.

We are using these builds: http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-ca...VbVUVTVSVNV_AA and http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-ca...VoVqVmVlVgVABA We have toyed with Dread Orb, that talent tier is more of a preference. Now Co's ult...Hammer is great, but Upheavel can make the differnce of a hero getting away and dieing. It can be so strong.

I would love to see a Cho'Gall/ETC/Nazeboo/Malf Combo. Get Cho to Upheavel, ETC Dance, Naz ult and Malf snare. Game is won. There has not really been a hero could could collect many heroes together besides Gaz and Kerrigan, but I feel Cho'Gall is much more viable than they are.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    My friend and I are getting Better at him. He prefers using Runic Blast everytime it is possible, I like to use it to know that it will hit something. Very two different ways of playing.

We are using these builds: http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-ca...VbVUVTVSVNV_AA and http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-ca...VoVqVmVlVgVABA We have toyed with Dread Orb, that talent tier is more of a preference. Now Co's ult...Hammer is great, but Upheavel can make the differnce of a hero getting away and dieing. It can be so strong.

I would love to see a Cho'Gall/ETC/Nazeboo/Malf Combo. Get Cho to Upheavel, ETC Dance, Naz ult and Malf snare. Game is won. There has not really been a hero could could collect many heroes together besides Gaz and Kerrigan, but I feel Cho'Gall is much more viable than they are.
    The only problem with that setup is people are dragged based on their proximity to Cho - those at the very edge will end up in front, and those right up close get tossed behind him. The team won't be as fully clumped as they would be with a Grav-o-bomb/Primal Grasp etc and ideally your ETC would need to be dancing right away as there's no other CC or slow involved, and Upheaval is HUUUUUGELY telegraphed
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The only problem with that setup is people are dragged based on their proximity to Cho - those at the very edge will end up in front, and those right up close get tossed behind him. The team won't be as fully clumped as they would be with a Grav-o-bomb/Primal Grasp etc and ideally your ETC would need to be dancing right away as there's no other CC or slow involved, and Upheaval is HUUUUUGELY telegraphed
    They won't be as clumped, but the nature of the shape of its effect means it's brilliant for dragging people back from their towers when your team is starting to push a lane but theirs hasn't all arrived yet. Thats what I used it for mostly, drag out one or two early birds and shank them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only played 2 games with him and won one lost one but there was a Chogall on the enemy team aswell both times so I am surprised his winrate isint around 50% with everyone playing him atm, obviously it is different if it is in hero league. I think he needs a small buff to his health maybe another 5% just to give him slightly more survivability but I think he is a great hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but the dance is largely the size that everyone would reasonably be at.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    I have only played 2 games with him and won one lost one but there was a Chogall on the enemy team aswell both times so I am surprised his winrate isint around 50% with everyone playing him atm, obviously it is different if it is in hero league. I think he needs a small buff to his health maybe another 5% just to give him slightly more survivability but I think he is a great hero.
    It is based on hero league, not qm really.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The problem with winrate atm is that not only is he new and people have to learn how to use him properly but they have to get use to a new playstyle of two player control. I've seen too many players using his wind-up attack to throw themselves to thier death to the point that every time it comes off cool-down Cho is catching canon-balls to the face using it on minion waves. Since Gall is practically a turret the survivability falls entirely on Cho and a lot of Cho players seem to be building talents for damage rather than survivability. They are not hitting sippy cups or warping back home and realize way too late that they just jumped balls deep into thier own deaths. I think a lot of players are confusing Cho as a dps warrior. Can you build him to do damage? Yes, but when 2 players lives fall upon Cho to maintain (through deciding when to heal up, avoiding being outnumbered and avoiding skill shots) he really needs to be building for tanky and let Gall do the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    He is also the only character that to play the best would ideally have two people on voice chat to coordinate the bomb going out and detonating it for max effect. I fully expect his win rate is going to be a bit lack luster as he is a really odd guy initially.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Randoms messing up should be mostly QM though? Even his HL winrate is abyssmal, heck, even his TL winrate us generally terrible.

Oh, since so many people are talking about Gazlowe, appearently there are some changes in the works for him!
    You're overestimating your average person in Hero League

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    He is also the only character that to play the best would ideally have two people on voice chat to coordinate the bomb going out and detonating it for max effect. I fully expect his win rate is going to be a bit lack luster as he is a really odd guy initially.
    I agree with this, in my first game with a friend I missed detonating 90% of the bombs tossed as I was focusing on my own thing, but in the second game we switched and I would say, "Before we go in to fight over the objective I am going to throw a bomb in." and we were far more successful. I think with enough practice two people can predict the others moves to not need verbal coms to be successful, but it is going to take a bunch of practice and familiarity with that specific person.

plus EVERYONE is trying him out now to get himas much as possible. thats a lot of poor players compared to other new heroes with much more limited access

it's worth mentioning that some people are using him in a "Recruit a Friend" kind of way so I imagine Quick Match ratings are all out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    it's worth mentioning that some people are using him in a "Recruit a Friend" kind of way so I imagine Quick Match ratings are all out of whack.
    I am surprised anyone does it outside of vrs. AI when trying to get the initial 2/4 wins, why take the chance you will lose a game when you can knock out 2 games vrs. AI and just get it done with?

Eh, this happened when TLV released, since everybody was playing him and hadn't yet grasped them yet. Give it a month.

20%? Seriously?

Won every game I played as him the other day. Mind you: I was playing with an IRL buddy who was Rank 1 Hero League and we were in Ventrillo communicating.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I am surprised anyone does it outside of vrs. AI when trying to get the initial 2/4 wins, why take the chance you will lose a game when you can knock out 2 games vrs. AI and just get it done with?
    Three letter word: Fun. The insanity of trying out a cooperative character with someone who doesn't know how to play just sounds like comedy waiting to happen.

If Chogall is always in both teams, shouldn't his winrate be 50% ?