Deleted

So, what's left of the idea that fights should last longer?

I remember at the start of WoD somehwere they said that they don't want us to kill each other in 3 seconds, but that's exactly where we are again right now

Not saying that I'm not enjoying it (150k instant crits ftw), but they Always seem to let things run wild at the end of an expac.

When they stop allowing dumb instants doing 150k damage.

Deleted
    It's because of all the procs and insane ring almost everyone has, dps grows exponentially. Maybe not good for the numbers, but atleast you'll feel OP at the end of an expansion. And that's what it should feel like tbh, since you ''conquered'' all so.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly, stat scaling in Legion is going to be subject to diminishing returns in pvp. With max level gear never being more than 6-8% better than entry level gear in combat.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-11-19 at 03:09 PM.

I like it, i love 2 shotting ppl with my Destru WL.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I remember at the start of WoD somehwere they said that they don't want us to kill each other in 3 seconds, but that's exactly where we are again right now

Not saying that I'm not enjoying it (150k instant crits ftw), but they Always seem to let things run wild at the end of an expac.
    "Legion will fix it" (tm).

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    I like it, i love 2 shotting ppl with my Destru WL.
    2 shots? Fucking noob! My friend got 1 shot by a demon bolt those days

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    "Legion will fix it" (tm).

2 shots? Fucking noob! My friend got 1 shot by a demon bolt those days
    yeah you know, i like it a little bit harder, more challange for me. Thats why i play Destru.

there's still something to be said about 1-shotting people. a nice boost to the self-esteem

Tbh a lot of people enjoy it. That is essentially what vanilla (and a bit of TBC) was like before resilience was a thing.

But the idea that "fights should last longer" mostly pertains to 1v1, and Blizzard isn't really balancing around that. They *could* have more interesting 1v1's but they would need to make quite a few changes to support it. Healing, for example, is really bursty in this xpac (one NS can take a character from 40% to 100%). They could make things last longer artificially (blanket nerf damage and healing), but that leads to an influx of CC comps and an even bigger influx of dampening comps (i.e. MLS during cataclysm). I think that is why they choose to leave it a bit bursty--dampening games are really boring.

They have artificially increased the length of battles by providing mobility and resets to a lot of classes, but that hasn't necessarily made 1v1 any more interesting. In fact, it made it worse, IMO. The classes that dominate in 1v1 at the moment are those who can either (1) reset indefinitely (2) live forever. Ferals can reset really easily through their insane mobility and heals. UH dk's, drain warlocks, and destro locks can live forever. That makes them all really good in 1v1. Rogues ability to reset also made some fights really 1-dimensional, i.e. rogue vs mage. You will eventually win as the rogue if you open, do damage, and reset. The mage will eventually run out of biscuits, and then bam! kill them (this actually happened to me--I actually tried casting 'conjure mana table' in his face but his shadow reflection kicked me). Mages and hunters are weird exceptions, but mages have sort of suffered as far as 1v1 goes and hunters are... hunters. They're just strong classes in many respects, so they're always at least decent in 1v1.

Finally, fights have also been artificially lengthened by mobility. If you are playing a class without mobility, then tough luck. It is your key to getting resets. I don't particularly like the state of 1v1 at the moment. If you play the wrong class, it'll be too quick. If you play the right class, it could take centuries (remember pally vs. pally duels? hehe). The sad thing is that it would take quite drastic changes to really change this. But fret not! Legion has some interesting changes awaiting us. Even if we end up doing the same old song and dance, I'll be happy if I can at least have fun playing my character.