Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would massively appreciate being able to cast lightning bolt on the move as elemental again. It's the main reason I quit the class. 5.x elemental just felt close to perfect with it. Having a 5% haste penalty, I would be fine with. If they bring lightning bolt on the move back, I will instantly switch back to elemental. No idea why they just remove some of the most fun properties of the class in PVE. Imba for PVP? Then make the PVP penalty higher or something, don't mess up PVE because of PVP.

Can't wait for a comment on that.

Deleted
    That DLC tho... Nailed it. As someone who loves rogues, that's why I keep 2 rogues, one for more or less serious "min-maxing", the other to experience all the talents/specs/playstyles that aren't FotM but look fun or cool.

I'll be honest - I don't even know what Challenge Modes are. I didn't even know there was a difficulty other than Normal, Heroic, Mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I'll be honest - I don't even know what Challenge Modes are. I didn't even know there was a difficulty other than Normal, Heroic, Mythic.
    are you trolling right? lol challenges are the best thing in game
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Click911 View Post
    So I guess members of the staff from mmo-champion are selling Challenge Modes? Added this random pool to remind people challenge modes exist so they maybe get some buyers.
    I wonder what the number of actually people that ran the CM's, without all the paying customers is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    are you trolling right? lol challenges are the best thing in game
    Well considering that one or two percent of the player base most likely runs them (without the paying people). It is not hard to believe that someone would know nothing about them. Very few people bother to read the patch notes from patch to patch or expansion to expansion. They just log into the game and ask questions in trade constantly. It is amazing the amount of people that play this game, yet they don't zero effort to inform themselves about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    I wonder what the number of actually people that ran the CM's, without all the paying customers is?

- - - Updated - - -

Well considering that one or two percent of the player base most likely runs them (without the paying people). It is not hard to believe that someone would know nothing about them. Very few people bother to read the patch notes from patch to patch or expansion to expansion. They just log into the game and ask questions in trade constantly. It is amazing the amount of people that play this game, yet they don't zero effort to inform themselves about the game.
    They do not do a very good job of informing customers about these new features and if you are not in a strong guild, it is very difficult to get into a challenge mode group, certainly harder than a LFG heroic or raid wing. I come to this site every day but do not have a clear understanding of exactly how to do a challenge mode dungeon or how i would go about doing that since my guild is dead and i do not have a normal archimonde kill yet. My open raid group is making progress on him though.

I cannot believe they're keeping Rune of Power for mages. I have legitimately never heard anyone say anything positive about that spell. In fact, all I ever hear is people saying they want it gone. Come on Blizzard...

Really happy to see Charred Remains removed for Destruction in Legion though. Dumb talent.
    Last edited by Anonymous1987; 2015-11-19 at 08:41 PM.

I'm not surprised at the challenge mode fail. I got gold in MoP but didn't even bother in WoD to do any. When they're too lazy to make entire outfits and just throw some lame weapons up of course participation will be low.

Deleted
    Ha ha ha omg ofc I haven't done Challenge mode in WoD, those weapons look like a parody with their size, as if they were aiming for that..in MoP we got sets that looked AWESOME, which made it worth the effort. WoD, meh I'd rather Xmog some greens than that..at least if you are going to make a 2h that big, at least make it look like Deathwing's dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    On average a little under 3% of total players have gotten gold in every dungeon so that's a baseline of carrys. Obviously not everyone who got gold paid for it, but it's safe to assume no one's paying for just a bronze carry (I don't even see people selling less than gold TBH). I'd wager it's a far smaller percentage than it was in MoP just bc the weapons aren't as desirable compared to the sets. Ofc this is from now.. perhaps there will be a spike when people have nothing better to blow their gold on for 10 months.

The 'just completed' stat does show that there are a non-trivial amount of people interested in them, at least back in the early days when you could get decent gear from the daily quest. Hell it blows Mythic Raiding completely out of the water in terms of participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Holywraths View Post
    So it's still unknown why there is a fel reaver soun when going to ashran.
    Isn't that sound just what they use to get your attention when you're about to be dismounted from your flying mount? Doesn't wintergrasp use the same sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Skippert View Post
    I would massively appreciate being able to cast lightning bolt on the move as elemental again. It's the main reason I quit the class. 5.x elemental just felt close to perfect with it. Having a 5% haste penalty, I would be fine with. If they bring lightning bolt on the move back, I will instantly switch back to elemental. No idea why they just remove some of the most fun properties of the class in PVE. Imba for PVP? Then make the PVP penalty higher or something, don't mess up PVE because of PVP.

I feel ya but they do the same to PvP.. My Arcane Mage was awesome until they brought out Arcane Charges in MoP for PvE.. Arcane Barrage went from being really powerful to very very weak without Arcane Charges.. Which were made for a PvE rotation, making Arcane useless for PvP.. But I hope with the PvP talent trees it will help out both PvE and PvP

Tweets are in reference to overwatch beta stress test. My account was just flagged for beta about 10 minutes ago.

I hate the MoP / WoD model of CMs, all you do is drink pots to skip mobs. I wish Blizzard would remove such bullshit from the game, or replace it with a decent CM / Mythic system. The Legion one isn't much better since you still have the damn timer there and the higher Keystones will make you want to use Invis pots etc AGAIN.

FUCK YEAH! Can't wait to see all the shithead streamers get invited and no one else. Going to be a really good beta. I can feel it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skippert View Post

There's literally nothing fun about PvE in its current state. Working in a soup kitchen is more fun than running that bore hole shit every week.

Deleted
    why am i hearing fel reaver screams now without having wow open???

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how the poll results are nowhere near the actual numbers provided by Blizzard.

Seriously, who lies on an online poll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I love how the poll results are nowhere near the actual numbers provided by Blizzard.

Seriously, who lies on an online poll?
    The charts seem to indicate that the majority of the players dont do challenge modes, which is also indicated by the poll results. The charts are interesting in that it could be interpreted that casuals have abandoned the game altogether, and the only ones remaining are the acheiv hounds, and collectors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrnoris View Post
    why am i hearing fel reaver screams now without having wow open???
    You be schizophrenic id go see a doctor ASAP
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

The chart and poll shows 1 of 2 possibilities while accounting for those who don't do challenge modes being higher in both the poll and chart.
    1.) MMO-Champion skews hardcore which is shown by gold being the next highest behind those who don't do challenge modes at all and those who get untimed are the lowest.
    2.) MMO-Champion is full of a bunch of liars who lie even in anonymous polls just to make their epeen feel bigger even though no one else will know what they voted for unless they brag about it in the comments. But bragging doesn't mean much and can just be taken as someone trying to boost their epeen.

Honestly, I'd bet on a mix of the two.

With 2.1 million players:
    3.03% have done challenge modes. That's 63,630 players.
    2.87% have done at least bronze. That's 60,270 (leaving 3,360 who have only done challenge modes untimed).
    2.72% have done silver. That's 57,120 (leaving only 3,150 who have only done bronze).
    2.49% have done gold. That's 52,290 (leaving 4,830 who have only done silver).

Now according to MMO-Champion (as of this post 26,596 have voted)
    10,614 players have at least done challenge modes.
    1,044 have done bronze (which is nearly half of 3,360).
    1,619 have done silver (a bit less than half of 4,830).
    7,242 have done gold (nearly 1/7th of 52,290).

So I guess we're lead to believe that about a seventh of the gold challenge mode population posts on these forums and voted in the poll. I'd say we have a bunch of liars mixed in with those telling the truth. Also rather curious that the site seems to have about half of the bronze and silver challenge mode players also that come here.

I wouldn't take the poll seriously. I'd be more inclined to believe Chaud's graph and chalk the poll up to the hot air that often comes from many of the posters here. Certainly goes to show that people here are NOT the majority and any opinions here should be taken with a grain of salt.

Looking at the number of gold players begs the question how many were bought and how many are legitimate.

I'd be curious to see a comparison between those that completed MoP challenge modes vs WoD. Did participation go up or down? With so few partaking in it, I have to really question Blizzard building part of Legion's end game around them.