Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Paris attacks ringleader Abdelhamid Abaaoud dead

Paris, France (CNN)The ringleader in last week's bloody terrorist attacks in Paris died in a pre-dawn raid Wednesday on an apartment building north of the French capital, the Paris prosecutor's office announced Thursday.

Authorities zeroed in on a building in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis after picking up phone conversations indicating that a relative of Abdelhamid Abaaoud, who authorities believe coordinated the shootings and bombings that killed 129 people, may have been there, a Belgian counterterrorism official said.

French police believed Abaaoud himself was then still in the country, though they didn't know exactly where. Some residents in Saint-Denis told CNN that they had seen Abaaoud recently in the neighborhood and at a local mosque.

It turns out Abaaoud was in that building in Saint-Denis. And after a violent firefight that included explosions and gunfire, he was dead.

In a statement released Thursday, the Paris prosecutor's office said that Abaaoud's body was found in the Saint-Denis building riddled with bullets. The office said that he was positively identified using papillary prints, which include patterns on fingers, palms and the soles of the feet.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34867615

BBC version. This is good news, too bad they didn't capture him alive.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Well he became a martyr all in all it probably is only a symbolic victory.

Well done to the police. Good riddance ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

From the pic it looks like he was active with ISIS, why was he allowed to return to France and why was he not being watched?

There's a lesson to be learned here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Well he became a martyr all in all it probably is only a symbolic victory.
    Like the attacks themselves are only symbolic?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34867615

BBC version. This is good news, too bad they didn't capture him alive.
    Is it bad that I wanted the french to behead him on stage with a guillotine?
    Yeah, yeah, "they'd be just as bad as ISIS". You know I really don't think having the moral highground gives you an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    From the pic it looks like he was active with ISIS, why was he allowed to return to France and why was he not being watched?

Don't let them back in or outright shoot them when they try? Which one?

To bad, he needed to bet questioned

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Like the attacks themselves are only symbolic?!

Is it bad that I wanted the french to behead him on stage with a guillotine?
    Yeah, yeah, "they'd be just as bad as ISIS". You know I really don't think having the moral highground gives you an advantage.

Don't let them back in or outright shoot them when they try? Which one?
    The attacks weren't symbolic. But martyrdom is a positive outcome for them.

15+ Year Old Account

He faked his death last year so people wouldn't be looking for him, and he used Greece to travel back and forth from Syria to France.

I would rather have had him rot in prison instead of dying.

Dammit, yet another asshole who managed to get his 72 virgins instead of being kept alive for questioning and/or torturing.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    too bad they didn't capture him alive.
    If you're trying to capture somebody alive they sometimes get shot, they don't usually get shot to swiss cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Dammit, yet another asshole who managed to get his 72 virgins instead of being kept alive for questioning and/or torturing.
    Only to notice, that Allah had 40+ year old men as his virgin reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    He faked his death last year so people wouldn't be looking for him, and he used Greece to travel back and forth from Syria to France.
    He didn't need a passport to travel?

Every international airport I've been in over the last 8 years has bio metric scanners and require passports with id chips in them. Someone dropped the ball

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    I would rather have had him rot in prison instead of dying.
    Don't kid yourself. What prison would have been able to keep him alive? Regardless of how it went down the end result was always going to be the same for this guy.

Now do not misunderstand, I place my faith in the justice system and I agree he should have faced that justice. Ultimately the end result would have been the same however.

Deleted
    Good riddance.

Human trash like that should be removed from the ranks of the living.

Well done by RAID.

Every international airport I've been in over the last 8 years has bio metric scanners and require passports with id chips in them. Someone dropped the ball
    Wasn't he the one that got fake Syria passport and just got refugee status? I doubt they even have bio ID or any other way to verify them easily.

Deleted

Cars and trains didn't use plane.

A lot of the 8 had former terrorist charges, why the authorities in France didn't track them closer is a mystery to me. Some of them even spent time in jail for terrorist activities.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Why can't these scourges of society ever be captured alive so they can actually suffer and rot away in prison for the rest of their lives...