Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Violence is a product of individual miseducation, if someone beats a person who decided to convert to another religion it's not because his religion (primarily) told him so, it's because he is a violent jerk. Also, all religions punish those who leave them. Yes there are violent uneducated Muslim jerks, but I am an educated one, and my parents educated me in a way to not give a shit if someone decided to worship a bunny, a dick or Chubaka ... mis-education is the problem, not the religion.
    There is a thing we do where we project our own attitudes towards religion onto others. So if we're not dictated by religion, or don't think it could actually give mandate to cause harm, we believe other people are the same way and simply use it as an excuse. The west does this toward all religious conflicts and groups the world over. Religion doesn't have the same hold on us, so we don't think it has that kind of hold on anyone.

I think that's a pretty big mistake, a bias we should try to look past. For a lot of people religion IS true, it's not just a comfort or cultural practice, or something vaguely "spiritual". For a lot of people it does dictate behavior, it does give mandate to harm, it does demand and instill certain values.

The practice of constantly shifting any causation away from religion is grounded in our own bias. It's certainly appropriate in many cases, but it's not a rule that you can blindly apply to everything because the idea that religion could be bad makes you uncomfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Tell me how I was punished for leaving christianity? Because I don't know.
    You miss all those lovely sermons, the horror!
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by gargarr View Post
    Seems like they don't count "wars". Meaning Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and such. Only terrorist acts caused by different organizations.

Anyway, no matter how you look at it,Muslims are responsible for the vast majority of the world's violence.
    Ah ok that makes sense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Violence is a product of individual miseducation, if someone beats a person who decided to convert to another religion it's not because his religion (primarily) told him so, it's because he is a violent jerk. Also, all religions punish those who leave them. Yes there are violent uneducated Muslim jerks, but I am an educated one, and my parents educated me in a way to not give a shit if someone decided to worship a bunny, a dick or Chubaka ... mis-education is the problem, not the religion.
    ... So naive.

Deleted
    Try jelling praise jesus and allah al akbar in a closed theater the reason
    the reaction is different is not racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Try jelling praise jesus and allah al akbar in a closed theater the reason
    the reaction is different is not racism.
    You're right, it's not. But it shouldn't be that way and it's sad.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Yeah very shocking, it's almost like the penalty for apostasy in islam is death...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    Yeah very shocking, it's almost like the penalty for apostasy in islam is death...
    It's not really practiced in most low to mid modern Islamic countries. But it is unfortunately stated to be done. The only way I can even rationalize it is around those olden times there were foreign spies who lied about being Muslim and intended to cause harm. A couple of wars even started soon after between different sects of Islam mostly due to such dissenters. But yeah no still doesn't justify it whatsoever.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2015-11-20 at 01:16 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by gargarr View Post
    Seems like they don't count "wars". Meaning Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and such. Only terrorist acts caused by different organizations.

Anyway, no matter how you look at it,Muslims are responsible for the vast majority of the world's violence.
    What? are you trolling? NO ONE out violence's america. No one.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Some parts of Britain, Sweden, France, Germany, etc are Islamic republics.
    No. No they are not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    No. No they are not.
    Yeah, they are not exactly republics.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Sure. Syria is much more peaceful or Iraq. Or Afghanistan, or Nigeria. And one can not argue that North Korea is very peaceful.

I did not know the us have killed tens of thousands of innocent people this year, commiting mass executions on children, selling children as sex slaves, commiting mass genocides etc etc the list is very long.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must not be aware of the world at large.