10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

How is Divinity Original Sin?

Was thinking about getting it for my birthday but i dont know how good it is exactly.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

The vanilla game was pretty decent, but the enhanced edition is really great. But it also depends on if you like isometric rpgs?

The story is fairly run of the mill fantasy and the enhanced edition change a good amount in the later stages of the game which were pretty bad in the original. The gameplay is turn based party combat with some decent depth and the quests can be completed in multiple ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Pretty good combat is super easy if youre 2 wizards from the start. So avoid that unless you want to cheat it through and what ever you do don't go around slaughtering everyone that doesnt want you dead as fun as it is it makes stuff super boring.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    The vanilla game was pretty decent, but the enhanced edition is really great. But it also depends on if you like isometric rpgs?

The story is fairly run of the mill fantasy and the enhanced edition change a good amount in the later stages of the game which were pretty bad in the original. The gameplay is turn based party combat with some decent depth and the quests can be completed in multiple ways.
    Not really a fan of isometric but i can bare to play them if the game is good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Pretty good combat is super easy if youre 2 wizards from the start. So avoid that unless you want to cheat it through and what ever you do don't go around slaughtering everyone that doesnt want you dead as fun as it is it makes stuff super boring.
    How are warriors?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Game is pretty poorly phased. Early-game is extremely slow. You get a short introduction section, a skippable tutorial dungeon, a small fight with like 5 enemies, and then you're in for like 2 hours of talking to people in the starting town before you finally get more combat.

The combat is also pretty badly phased. Early-game combat is pretty hard. Mid-game combat is alright in terms of difficulty; probably the best part of the game. But then late-game combat is mind-numbingly easy, even on the hardest difficulty. And that's after all the nerfs to cheesy character builds that they made in the enhanced edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    How are warriors?
    Everything is viable, but even warriors are only really game-breakingly strong if they have wizard support. Running around with a 2-handed weapon and buffed by a wizard, they can destroy things really fast.

Wizard are incredibly overpowered, though. Early game they're kinda eh, but mid-game your wiz will be your strongest guy (not counting the wiz-buffed 2h warrior), and late-game your wizard can defeat entire encounters by themselves even on the highest difficult.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Really... really... really good.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Game is pretty poorly phased. Early-game is extremely slow. You get a short introduction section, a skippable tutorial dungeon, a small fight with like 5 enemies, and then you're in for like 2 hours of talking to people in the starting town before you finally get more combat.

The combat is also pretty badly phased. Early-game combat is pretty hard. Mid-game combat is alright in terms of difficulty; probably the best part of the game. But then late-game combat is mind-numbingly easy, even on the hardest difficulty. And that's after all the nerfs to cheesy character builds that they made in the enhanced edition.

Everything is viable, but even warriors are only really game-breakingly strong if they have wizard support. Running around with a 2-handed weapon and buffed by a wizard, they can destroy things really fast.

Wizard are incredibly overpowered, though. Early game they're kinda eh, but mid-game your wiz will be your strongest guy (not counting the wiz-buffed 2h warrior), and late-game your wizard can defeat entire encounters by themselves even on the highest difficult.
    Ah alright was wondering about warriors because in all rpgs i play i usually do warrior first

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I liked it and I don't usually play isometric RPG's. Enhanced edition can only be better. There's a lot of talking though, but I like that sort of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah alright was wondering about warriors because in all rpgs i play i usually do warrior first
    The best thing about divinity is that you have two characters, so a warrior and mage'd be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Really... really... really good.
    Can attest to this. As one of the biggest CRPG fanatics you'll ever find, with BG series and PsT as #1 on my favourite list of all games of all times without any doubt whatsoever, Divinity: Original Sin is the closest any game has ever come to capture my love for that genre again. Better than Dragon Age, better than Pillars of Eternity, better than any "spiritual successor" of those games.

If you love an interesting, semi-quirky fantasy world with gameplay that is both challenging and can be done in a multitude of ways, it's definitely a game for you. Sure, it is pretty linear and short, but the main focus is on the absolutely amazing gameplay, second to only Baldur's Gate in my opinion, when it comes to CPRGs.

You can't solo the game, though. You play 2 characters, and can add 2 characters (or get the Lone Wolf traits, meaning your 2 characters become way stronger). This game is about problem-solving and challenging combat, and it's way easier if you have many pieces to play around with.

Warriors are pretty fun though, and you'll definitely want at least one. Lots of charge, AoE, and nice attack abilities, although admittedly, in most cases it's how you use your mages that'll define how well you do.

(One strategy is to play 2 lone wolves, with 1 warrior and 1 caster focused on buffing, which lets the warrior go abso-fucking-lutely-berzerk. Was one of the more fun playthrougs for me. Also, a good example on how you can play the game in a plethora of ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post
    Can attest to this. As one of the biggest CRPG fanatics you'll ever find, with BG series and PsT as #1 on my favourite list of all games of all times without any doubt whatsoever, Divinity: Original Sin is the closest any game has ever come to capture my love for that genre again. Better than Dragon Age, better than Pillars of Eternity, better than any "spiritual successor" of those games.

If you love an interesting, semi-quirky fantasy world with gameplay that is both challenging and can be done in a multitude of ways, it's definitely a game for you. Sure, it is pretty linear and short, but the main focus is on the absolutely amazing gameplay, second to only Baldur's Gate in my opinion, when it comes to CPRGs.

You can't solo the game, though. You play 2 characters, and can add 2 characters (or get the Lone Wolf traits, meaning your 2 characters become way stronger). This game is about problem-solving and challenging combat, and it's way easier if you have many pieces to play around with.

Warriors are pretty fun though, and you'll definitely want at least one. Lots of charge, AoE, and nice attack abilities, although admittedly, in most cases it's how you use your mages that'll define how well you do.

(One strategy is to play 2 lone wolves, with 1 warrior and 1 caster focused on buffing, which lets the warrior go abso-fucking-lutely-berzerk. Was one of the more fun playthrougs for me. Also, a good example on how you can play the game in a plethora of ways.
    Starting to seem like its a pain in the ass XD might just get hearts of stone instead thanks all

Not really a fan of isometric but i can bare to play them if the game is good

- - - Updated - - -

How are warriors?

I like them i think they work great once you get them some stuff they just rock everything but need a healer
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

I haven't played the Enhanced Edition and still haven't finished the original game (been playing it with a friend and we haven't had too much time together lately), but I like it a lot, although some parts feel pretty slow so you may need some patience.

While casters have far more utility, I'd say well-specced melee DPS scales a lot higher. You'll definitely want a caster or two to control the battlefield (moving enemies, knocking them down, etc.), but when a high priority target is in reach, death is the best CC and a greataxe inflicts that very quickly. =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental shields are OP. Rotate through them so you always have one off CD, and they'll effectively double your characters' health pools every turn, without even taking into account the added resistances they give you.

OT: It's the best isometric RPG to have come out in a very very long time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

D:OS is amazing. I haven't been able to play the Enhanced Edition - but the original is one of the few long games that i was able to complete on a Hard difficulty.
    it isn't for everyone, though. It can be very unforgiving. Supposedly the enhanced edition will make some of the crazy puzzles more accessible, so I am looking forward to seeing that for myself.