[TV] Major Crimes

I really enjoy watching this show, I'd even go so far as to say, it's lighter feel is quite refershing/relaxing

Love the side plots with Rusty and ofc Mary Macdowell I like here. But she comes off as rather emotionless, at first I thought it was the character, but the character has been warmed up, but not much warmth coming across the screen from her.. hmmm.

hmm.. Mary Macdowell again.. latest episode... touching..but i can't tell whether it's great acting or poor acting .. on the displaying emotion side... i mean were use to her not being emotional, so any slight hint of it carries a lot more weight - but is she playing a role intentionally? or is she just actually like that?

in Battlestar Galactica she was quite similar, never saw her cry once and she had that hard expression kinda face.. which i remark had a subtlety to it.. i thought very well played..it felt like a great interpretation of the role even to the point that i felt she moulded the character.. you could easily see the character have a completely different feel and not necessarily as good in the hands of a less capable actress.

but when she shows up in Major Crimes - it's the same representation, now I wonder if it was good acting at all as much as that's who she is. But I now American shows, T.V producer or network boss sees x actor in y and goes hey that'd be perfect for that role... they choose an actor who'd done well in a role of a character that they want their new character to feel more like...so the actor basically is playing her presentation of the role from the previous show in the new show.

Unfortunately, not knowing much about Mary MacDowell, I can't tell which is which. Any of you know?

I continue to enjoy the on goming mini drama/comedy with Rusty and Andy and I find Provenca a quite enjoyable humorous addition with his candor.

Another very touching episode of major crimes - as it tends to be when it's about young male adult victims, - i guess becasue we relate to this group most... the sad thing about it is this isn't even close to some of the really awful things that go down in our cities.

Should not be like that.

This show is my fave crime show, dunno what the formula is, but it just hits the right note of relaxing as well as thriller and crime solving.

Loving Mary Macdowell in it and their balance is great. Like how Rusty isn't the overwhelming focus all the time, seems like just the right amount.

i also like how the show varies, i think a couple of times they've had "mini-seriesesque seasons" and other times just a week to week crime solving, other times a chain. Nicely balanced, and the character are all likeable.

My fave char? - Provensa - always makes me laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

oh btw, it hasn't been running 5 years, it's just that some of the seasons are actually mini-series done in the normal tv schedule break.