Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It actually makes necroblight have to pay more attention. Right now its festering x2 SSx2 festering then all death runes are SS/SR/BB then festering on frost/blood runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    It actually makes necroblight have to pay more attention. Right now its festering x2 SSx2 festering then all death runes are SS/SR/BB then festering on frost/blood runes.
    necroblight doesnt exist anymore in legion

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    I keep seeing people going on and on about their class being dumbed down, monks are doing the same right now and believe me, these changes don't make things easier. You're actually gonna have a harder time now mastering your rotation NOT easier.

If all the runes are the same, it means bad players will just keep smashing their hardest hitting ability every time they come off cooldown. The current system doesn't let them do this, in fact it rewards them for smashing any button that lights up because they can only exhaust certain rune types as it stands - not all of them.

When 1 rune type is in play, you can't play whack a mole and smack whatever lights up first on your action bar. If you do, you're going to starve yourself of resources and probably be using the wrong spell at the wrong time etc.

In laymen's terms, by giving you the freedom to use any spell you want, it is like removing the stabilisers on a bicycle. That doesn't mean you're going to do well without those stabilisers, or in this case, fixed rune types.
    Sorry, no.

Managing a single resource is always less involved than managing the combination of 3 resources. Using those 3 resources optimally was just as important before as using the single resource will be in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    So you mean to say that people will actually need to learn their classes?
    Let's not go that far.

You may be right. On paper, the change makes the class a little easier to understand, but perhaps not easier to master. I'd prefer a test drive 1st. In theory, the game play will be more like a rogue where I find myself constantly energy starved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Sorry, no.

Managing a single resource is always less involved than managing the combination of 3 resources. Using those 3 resources optimally was just as important before as using the single resource will be in Legion.
    It's like you didn't even read my post so let me explain it further.

As it stand currently, you are NOT managing 3 resources. Having 3 different rune types might give you the illusion that you're managing 3 separate resources, in reality you are not. All you're doing now is smashing a button as soon as the runes refill then smashing another button when that harder hitting button is refilling. You don't need to even look at your runes to play it now, you just hit what needs to be hit when it lights up.

When you have a single rune type, sure you can just for example spam obliterate but that's going to mean you've wasted all your resources in 3 gcds and haven't done anything to take into consideration your procs etc. Leaving you starved of runes.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Frost/Unholy single-target, not a thing has changed. Only thing that really changed is AoE - You can continuasly spam your AoE now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.