Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    I've mentioned it over and over but the description on certain abilities still pisses me off due to it being tied to a RACE than the art/class:

Touch of Death
    "Use ancient Pandaren knowledge of anatomy to inflict mortal damage on an enemy. After 8 sec, the target will take damage equal to the monk's maximum health (damage reduced against players)."

It should mention the Celestials instead and furthermore what the hell do the Pandaren know of anatomy (overall) considering everyone except wandering brewmasters have been stuck in either Pandaria or the Turtle for who knows how many years. Yes they are probably masters of research of races they've studied such as panda's, Mogu, the whatever-insects etc. but not the remaining races of Azeroth. Fix the description -.-
    While yeah, it could be changed, I'm fine with it since they have been with the class for ages and it's not like the celestials would know much about any races outside of Pandaria anyway, and you can even justify it eastern medicines like acupuncture as an inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    Lastly since they've clearly used eastern culture and traditions for Monk, Panda and their beliefs - I expect them to implement SHRINES in honor of the Celestials. Thats one of the ways to somehow bring their presence and traditions onto the Turtle. Actually they've should have done that across all starting areas for monks as you've would expect new trainees to pay some respects to their masters and their traditions.
    That is a start. A very good one too. I'd be a lot finer with it if the Turtle had been blessed by the power of the Celestials, so she could be safe in the upcoming battle and if we had a few shrines there for the Celestials.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Yeah, no. Shen-sin Zu is the home of Chen Stormstout, the most legendary pandaren monk by far.
    You're focusing too much on the who and too little on the what.

You don't get to call some worn down human cathedral iconic to only human paladins the paragon of paladin-ness, while calling the home of the most well known monks in the franchise in a freaking traveling turtle with a splendid temple thriving with elementals as NOT the embodiment of what monks are.
    The Light's Hope Chapel is a "worn down human cathedral"? Are you sure we're talking about the same place? You know, the place that uncorrupted Ashbringer? The place that empowered Tirion enough to repel LK? The place that seems to have so much holy energy that it gave enough power to a few people to stop some of the best knights created in the image of LK and masses of undead minions and abominations?
    If you're going to ever touch on this comparation again I dare you to find somewhere holier than that place. aside the Sunwell after TBC.
    Please stop focusing on the who, because the who doesn't give me any kind of power. And elementals? Seriously? Is that my inner power? Are we shamans now? Where is my Doomhammer? Aside WINDwalking we haven't ever been about elementals and I don't remember it ever being a thing.

There could have been no better class hall, both aesthetically and thematically as pretty much every class hall comes as the result of a large loss by your traditional group and them deciding to reconvene at some other new place.

Serenity's Peak is an austere frozen wasteland and the temples for all celestials but Yu'lon are drab, uninteresting crap. I'm so ready for my turtle and flavored, colorful temple with the beautiful Jade Forest/Valley of the Four Winds architecture that we've all come to love of Pandaria.
    But the thing is - there are better places. First, think outside of the box, as lore designers shouldn't ever submit to developers being lazy and wanting to reuse somewhere, and we should be revolting against, not embracing the decision if the reason for doing it is because they're too lazy to come up with something new. Second, we do not need to move away from your "flavored, colorful temple with the beautiful Jade Forest/Valley of the Four Winds architecture". I'm not saying "REMOVE PANDAS, PANDAS ARE BAD", and you haven't understood the point yet if you think that it's all about that.
    Think about, instead of going to the turtle, having a new temple built on the restored, it has been since 6.0.3 vale, maybe on where the Golden Pagoda used to be , with the four celestials having some representation there.
    Or, even if you don't subscribe to the Celestials, what about going to a spirit realm, made up with our collective spirit/chi to train with the past generations of monks? Maybe we could even find the guy that invented Monk there, maybe it could be the place where we derive our Serenity from.

Face it, after Pandaria nothing has really felt in place for monks, so I'm glad to go back to something that asethetically resembles it and its landscapes. God knows Legion is gonna be demon wastelands and scorched earth mixed with highborn stuff, and a monk is gonna stick out like a sore thumb.
    Face it, pretty much nobody felt in place after the focus went somewhere else aside it's own class. I mean, do you think DKs have felt in place after the LK fell? Do you think that Shamans have fit in much aside the times we went full elemental like FL? Do you feel like someone aside Warriors, Hunters and maybe Shamans and Paladins has felt at home anywhere in WoD?
    The class hall is supposed to be the home of our class - not the home of our main Race, and the turtle simply doesn't deliver "I'm a Monk" as well as it delivers "I'm a Panda". And if you still think that "Panda = Monk", please go see your skills and talents. I'm sure you'll notice that we're a lot more than simply Pandas, and that we're much more about Chi, Spiritual Energy and Celestials than about Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    ok first off a class hall doesn't need a huge power source for a class to gather there and regroup vs the invasion. It is preferable though especially when that class uses magic to fight. The moonglade for instance has a huge pool of nature energy (the moon pool). Is this on the same level as the dreamglade, no. Is it large enough for it to not matter, yes. Then on the other hand you have the dalaran sewers for rogues. There is no power source there just a base of operations. That's what all these order halls are meant to be.
    The thing is - Rogues don't have a central power, aside maybe money, or shadows, which are both included in the Dalaran Sewers from what I know.
    again, the problem is not that we're not in a place that doesn't have absurd amounts of Celestial power, it's just that the turtle seems to lack any Celestial power. It seems to have less Celestial power than even our own monks.

Furthermore monks are more celestial than they are pandaren. However since the celestials are pandaren the interlocked history is valid. It's like saying baseball isn't an american sport because teams recruit from all over the world for talent.
    First, I'm not against Pandas. Seriously, I mean it. I'm really fine with most of the people we get as Followers 2.0 and NPCs at our class hall being Pandas, since they have been monk for ages and we, other races, have been it for what, two years?
    The fact that Baseball doesn't have a bigger power behind it also makes the metaphora a little strange, but the thing is, I'm not saying that Monk is not a Pandarenic Class or that there is a problem with Pandas being a huge part of our Class. I'm merely saying that, instead of focusing on the ball and the bat from Baseball, we're focusing too much on the american part. It's like you decided to make a place the most related to Baseball without even including the ball and the bat, but you put a MC Donalds and the Statue of Liberty in the field just because you know, americans created those too!

You admitted mistweavers are tied to Celestials but somehow try to argue the opposite for ww/brm? Both specs have invocations of the celestials windwalkers move around and attack with the fury of a cat. Brewmasters stagger off huge amounts of damage. Furthermore each spec isn't confined to one celestial. While they specialize they do receive the teachings from the other orders so it stands to reason that their combat style would evolve. It's like making a druid beast deck and not including Dr. Boom because he doesn't fit the theme.
    Nope.
    What unites us, Windwalkers, Brewmasters and Mistweavers, more than Celestial power and our power of drawing upon our very own soul to draw forth defeat to our enemies and glory to our allies? Aren't we the ones that strive to keep within us the Hope of the Crane, the Wisdom of the Serpent, the Ferocity of the Tiger and the Fortitude of the Ox?
    I said that it unites us all Monks, regardless of spec. We're all one in the teachings of the Celestials, our difference is what teaching we choose to focus on. While Windwalkers embody the Tiger, Brewmaster inspires itself on the Ox and Mistweavers don't seem to know exactly whether they're based on the Crane or the Serpent their talents say one thing, the artifact says another, stance doesn't even know, we're all trying to follow them.

Absolutely love the class hall and I also love Pandaren race, the class could however do with some less Pandaren influence. Not in spells or in those of things but a few heros from other races that step up to the tasks of a master of the class would really help.