Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Discussion: Add 'Heroic Races'?

So an idea popped up in my mind, that idea being the concept of a "heroic race" which could for example have 2 racial abilities (similar to the worgen whom actually has 3, but more practical) or 1 that's super flashy. Maybe you guys could come up with better ideas on what a heroic race would be like but they'd essentially be a race that starts off from a higher lvl, like the heroic classes DK and DH.

How would you unlock it and what would separate it from other races gameplay-wise?
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

So you want to make racebalancing even worse and "heroic classes" mandatory if you want to compete? Great idea.

Humans are the "Heroic Race" - Every Man for Himself is king in PvP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    So you want to make racebalancing even worse and "heroic classes" mandatory if you want to compete? Great idea.
    I'm not saying that the race would be massively OP.
    I don't exactly see how classes are being dramatically imbalanced with the presence of DKs and soon DHs as well, so having a race that probably doesn't even have access to either of those classes and the only thing going for it is a shorter path to max lvl.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Humans are the "Heroic Race" - Every Man for Himself is king in PvP.
    The recent change to Humans getting +2% to all secondary stats is looking pretty strong too.

Deleted
    And they should cost you an additional 3 €/$/yourregionalequivelant per month per Char!
    Nothing wrong with this system.

Yeah that.

Wouldn't back this idea at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's say for example if Drakonids were a hero race, though I haven't seen them spew fire before let's just imagine that their racial ability was breathe fire.
    However, when activating it, the Drakonid would be stuck in a static position unable to direct the damage cone in any other direction and have a significant cooldown on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yeah that.

Wouldn't back this idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    I don't exactly see how classes are being dramatically imbalanced with the presence of DKs and soon DHs as well, so having a race that probably doesn't even have access to either of those classes and the only thing going for it is a shorter path to max lvl.
    Tell me in what way you disagree with this if you do instead of just throwing out the assumption it will imbalance everything like players did when the Monk was announced.

Deleted
    Heroic classes aren't designed to have an edge over others. They just start at higher levels and have an epic starting experience. Why should "heroic" races have an advantage over regular races?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alphalion View Post
    Heroic classes aren't designed to have an edge over others. They just start at higher levels and have an epic starting experience. Why should "heroic" races have an advantage over regular races?
    Exactly my point. Of course you'd have to level a character or two significantly to unlock it, which would prevent 'noobs' from gaining the privilege of skipping the experience of leveling up from 1 to 40-100.

Quote Originally Posted by alphalion View Post
    Exactly.

Rather have races be as much of a personal choice as possible.

As was already mentioned, Human is the obvious "heroic race" because they're clearly intended to be the kings of PvP.

Beyond that, dumbest suggestion in a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrach View Post
    And they should cost you an additional 3 €/$/yourregionalequivelant per month per Char!
    Nothing wrong with this system.
    Don't give them ideas....

Deleted
    I'm curious, why do you put 'Discussion' in the topic? I thought every thread in here is supposed to be a discussion. What's special about this particular thread that all the threads without 'Discussion' in the topic don't have?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I like the idea of unlockable races.

For example, if this feature was in MoP, if you played a Horde character through Jade Forest, you would unlock Hozen for the Horde on your account. If you beat it as alliance you unlock Jinyu as a playable race. The races start in a phased version of the Jade Forest.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    The recent change to Humans getting +2% to all secondary stats is looking pretty strong too.
    Humans will not get a flat +2% to secondary stats. They will get +2% rating. E.g. if you have 20% crit, the human racial will add 20%*0.02 = 0.4% crit for a total of 20.4% and not 22%.

More on topic: races should be cosmetic only, IMHO. We should never "have" to pick a race for performance reasons.

I'd like it if it had balanced racials. It would mainly be for the increased starting level. Leveling 1-60 is just the worst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    well you proposed 2 racials so I assumed it was combat racials

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    I'd like it if it had balanced racials. It would mainly be for the increased starting level. Leveling 1-60 is just the worst.
    Nope, 1 to 60 is awesome ... 60 to 70 is the worst because Outland sucks.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Furlong View Post
    Humans will not get a flat +2% to secondary stats. They will get +2% rating. E.g. if you have 20% crit, the human racial will add 20%*0.02 = 0.4% crit for a total of 20.4% and not 22%.

More on topic: races should be cosmetic only, IMHO. We should never "have" to pick a race for performance reasons.
    In other words, literally all you need is 50% total secondary stats to be equal to all other races. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Gee, I wonder if anyone has more than +50% secondary stats. Let's also not forget that it makes secondary stat trinkets and Bloodlust 2% better as well. Yes, it's the best beyond any reasonable doubt.