Deleted

Encountering many control warriors

Whats the best way to tackle the seemingly never ending barrage of Control Warriors that I seem to be coming up against these days?

I guess with HS out so long, many people have built the old 'wallet warrior' deck, without the wallet by now!

Any particularly strong cards that should be considered?

I wonder the same. but maybe my problem is that i play mostly mid & lategame decks and i guess late game control warrior is just better in the late game. I often find myself in a Situation where he has like 20 hp and 30 armor and i cant do shit about it

i guess faceroll agro would do just fine....but thats not my style.

I wonder if once Justicar Truehart is out there is even a way to win if the board control at that point isnt already awesome.

Paladins and warlocks run over them. I guess druids do too, though I'm not sure how since I don't play them and I've never had issues with druids on my control warrior.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

most decent shaman decks also do well against them.

Anything that can play more threats than a Warrior can deal with has always been the Ctrl Warrior problem. Ctrl Warrior is looking for efficiency and value, if they ever have to spend 2 cards dealing with a threat then things will begin to snow ball out of control for them. Basically any deck with sticky minions is going to be a challenge for a Ctrl Warrior.

Traditional Druid lists, any kind of Pally (a non secret archetype will win the game with it's hero power) and Warlocks are your toughest matches, even Dragon Priest can be problematic if they get a strong start.

You want sticky annoying minions vs. Warriors. Minions like Haunted Creeper, Shredder, etc. You also want to finish the game fast. The longer the game goes, the less likely you are to win, unless you can out grind them(i.e. Control Paladin, possibly Control Priest, Handlock if you can get Jaraxus off and start spamming 6/6s).

Druid is good against Warrior because of sticky minions, and minions that tend to be too durable to kill efficiently with Warrior weapons(Druid of the Claw, Ancient of Lore/War, etc.). They also have insane burst with Force/Savage.

Deleted
    Midrange Paladin autowins against Control Warrior. Quartermaster, Muster, Tirion, Murloc Knight, Minibot are all cards that warriors have a hard time dealing with. If you want to add insult to injury add Justicar to the deck, that way the CWarrior has a 0% chance of winning.

Other than paladin,Bloodlust Shaman also deals very well with CWarrior or Tempo Mage running Mirror Image as well as a Midrange Hunter with Highmane in turn 6. Combo Druids are also favored. Demonhandlock also has a positive matchup against CWarrior because they have too many threats for the warrior to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a few good runs with Priest vs Control Warrior yesterday, admittedly the opponents weren't exactly pro but the main idea for beating them if you're not playing an aggro deck is to count their cards.

It's very important to know how many executes and shield slams they have left so that you can play accordingly in the late game. If you can bait these cards out while still maintaining a win condition that's the key. When it comes to fatigue you will have a good idea of the potential they have left.

Also be ready for cards like Alextrasza and Geddon so save some removal. Acidic Swamp Ooze can also come in handy for dealing with their weapon but it won't prevent the deathrattle from Deathsbite.

At the top levels they will also be counting cards and they know that you know, it's a different ball game.

Counter it with a better control warrior :P

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    I guess with HS out so long, many people have built the old 'wallet warrior' deck, without the wallet by now!
    I've had one since 2014, without buying packs. People really overestimate how long it takes.

Although I did get Grom out of a pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Counter it with a better control warrior :P

I've had one since 2014, without buying packs. People really overestimate how long it takes.

Although I did get Grom out of a pack.
    Countering it with a control deck does work, jus be prepared for 20-30 minute games

http://i.imgur.com/29ubDf6.jpg

The guy did make great use of Bran and shieldmaiden, I had to applaud that when it happened