Deleted

Question MW - How much Multistrike?

Hello guys :-)

Currently I have stacked a lot of Multistrike. This results in me, spending way to much mana on casting Renewing Mists when raid healing.

Do you have any recommendations as to how much Multistike starts becoming to much?
    I do feel like I could use a little more Crit Rating for the extra Mana Tea.

Self buffed I am currently at 35,18% Multistrike and 15,58 Crit Rating (Without raid buffs)

Here's my armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...2ruun/advanced

I look forward to some feedback :-)

- - - Updated - - -

*Bump*

Anyone? Any kind of information as to cap of Multistrike percentage wise would be helpful!

you dont really need to worry about a multistrike cap. if youre trying to find some gear progression goals, i would recommend working towards 4pc of the tier set, its extremely strong.

Deleted
    Hey man :-) thanks for your input! Currently working towards that. I just started raiding with a guild, so that and class trinket are first priority.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxic View Post
    Hey man :-) thanks for your input! Currently working towards that. I just started raiding with a guild, so that and class trinket are first priority.
    I hope that's now for MW , as the class trinket sucks for MW. It's OP for WW so if you are talking about that, then it's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxic View Post
    Any kind of information as to cap of Multistrike percentage wise would be helpful!
    I got you on this one! multistrike cap is essentially 50%. only because then youll have 2 50% chances to have multi strike hit. so youre essentially "always" going to multistrike. It doesn't always actually multistrike since it is just 2 50% odds, but after 50% the value of any more multistrike is diminished, but its a soft cap, not a hard cap meaning more multi strike isn't a bad idea. I'm about to sim this to see if We should change weapon enchants to crit after we reach 50% as I just obtained it on wednesday. This cap does take a bit to reach though, but is totally possible.

so I would work towards 4 set first. 4 set is A LOT more important than any multistrike cap you're going to hit. Also in regards to another comment- class trinket isn't worth it. You're going to spend most of your time when youre actually healing something using renewing mist, and uplift, class trinket only makes your soothing mist heal aoe around the target which isn't that strong, and is pretty situational. It's much more useful to get the spirit and intellect from another item. Though for windwalker. the class trinket is indeed very strong. so it'll be good for your off spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobrovsky View Post
    I hope that's now for MW , as the class trinket sucks for MW. It's OP for WW so if you are talking about that, then it's cool.
    The MW class trinket is a fairly decent substitute for 4set until you get that, but once you get the 4set it's not really worth using the class trinket anymore(don't channel SooM much)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrxmaseve View Post
    I got you on this one! multistrike cap is essentially 50%. only because then youll have 2 50% chances to have multi strike hit. so youre essentially "always" going to multistrike. It doesn't always actually multistrike since it is just 2 50% odds, but after 50% the value of any more multistrike is diminished, but its a soft cap, not a hard cap meaning more multi strike isn't a bad idea. I'm about to sim this to see if We should change weapon enchants to crit after we reach 50% as I just obtained it on wednesday. This cap does take a bit to reach though, but is totally possible.

so I would work towards 4 set first. 4 set is A LOT more important than any multistrike cap you're going to hit. Also in regards to another comment- class trinket isn't worth it. You're going to spend most of your time when youre actually healing something using renewing mist, and uplift, class trinket only makes your soothing mist heal aoe around the target which isn't that strong, and is pretty situational. It's much more useful to get the spirit and intellect from another item. Though for windwalker. the class trinket is indeed very strong. so it'll be good for your off spec.
    No, the value isn't diminished beyond 50%, because they're still seperate rolls that don't affect eachother at all. Maybe there is some kind of point at very high MS where it becomes less valuable than other secondaries, I'm not certain(that's the kind of thing Geodew might be able to answer), but your "logic" makes no sense, and either way for somebody who is at 700 ilevel currently, there is absolutely no MS cap or softcap of any kind to worry about.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Yeah what Tradu is saying is absolutely correct, for 2 independent rolls @ 50% multistrike the chance to actually multistrike is 75% and not 100% .

Deleted
    Nice - thanks guys, this shed some light

I'll work for the set bonus, and ditch the class trinket once I have it.

You won't have an actual "100%" chance to multistrike until you legitimately have 100% multistrike (65%+tiger strikes), and you need pretty high gear levels with a ton of MS on them to even consider reaching the "softcap" or goal that some windwalkers are shooting for. I'm pretty sure reaching that barrier (whatever it does) isn't actually reducing your chance to MS. I'd assume you wouldn't want over 65% but I honestly don't see anyone reaching that level of MS outside of top-end mythic windwalkers.

...Empty trinket slot??

There is no attainable multistrike soft cap this tier. 50% Multistrike is neither a soft nor a hard cap.

If you are OOMing it is not because you're casting ReM too much. ReM is cheap. Lay off on the RJW casts if you're running out of mana before you want to (Ideally end the fight with very low mana for max HPS). If you're still OOMing with 0 RJW casts and 2000+ Spirit just from casting ReM, Uplift, and SooM+SM a lot, then you're apparently carrying your healer team fuckin' hardcore mode (as may be evidenced by being 2x or 3x or even 5x the HPS of all your other healers?), or else overhealing your tits off for no reason.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

This is the new heirloom trinket - the armory still isn't updated with them and with the item upgrades.