Slight Doohammer spoilers/Speculation

So we have a wee bit of info regarding how our Enh Shamans get the Doomhammer.

Cleansing of the Deep
    Demon Down
    Follow Geth'xun's trail of fel blood.
    Corruption in the Deep
    Defeat the devouring imps.
    Hot on the Trail
    Follow Geth'xun's trail of fel blood.
    Cleansing the Earth
    Defeat the Corrupted Gyreworm.
    The Demon Below
    Follow the trail to find Geth'xun.
    The Doomhmamer Calls
    Acquire the Doomhammer!
    Finishing the Job
    Use the Doomhammer to destroy Geth'xun.
    A Ring Eternal
    Help Stormcaller Mylra.

So it looks like the DH is in Deepholm of all places. Any ideas of how it ends up there?

The Maelstrom connects to Deepholm, which can't be too far from the Broken Isles. If the demon (Geth'xun) and Thrall get into a match, perhaps Thrall retreats to Deepholm to help.

I dont know but I'm happy to see Stormcaller Mylra again, she was a badass in Deepholm :3

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I dont know but I'm happy to see Stormcaller Mylra again, she was a badass in Deepholm :3
    I liked her too. She was a fun character. And to be honest there's not a whole lot of fun/cool Shaman NPCs out there.

Nice to see Alliance Shamans get some love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

While wielding the hammer is a pretty cool idea, i find kind weird that we are using a weapon of someone that still alive and kicking, even the artifact preview page says "...and now rests with Thrall..." and that there a copy of it for us to dual wield.

Quote Originally Posted by kios View Post
    While wielding the hammer is a pretty cool idea, i find kind weird that we are using a weapon of someone that still alive and kicking, even the artifact preview page says "...and now rests with Thrall..." and that there a copy of it for us to dual wield.
    While I do feel that having an energy/element copy is odd...especially when in WoD there is a Doomhammer that no one is using.

In regards to Thralls' DH...its all about the prophecy of the DH. And how Thrall cannot fulfill the prophecy...but we can.

i would love to see a video of the quest chain, not sure i understand how its "copied"

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    While I do feel that having an energy/element copy is odd...especially when in WoD there is a Doomhammer that no one is using.

In regards to Thralls' DH...its all about the prophecy of the DH. And how Thrall cannot fulfill the prophecy...but we can.
    Yea but that's blizzard for you, retcon city. I'm okay with the idea but it would make sense if we had to activate the Doom hammers power instead of it being unleashed by 'the right shaman'
    Do not underestimate us.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Nice to see Alliance Shamans get some love.
    Mylra is, technically, not Alliance, but a member of the Earthen Ring, thus neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LTCrystallite View Post
    Yea but that's blizzard for you, retcon city. I'm okay with the idea but it would make sense if we had to activate the Doom hammers power instead of it being unleashed by 'the right shaman'
    Nothing about that is a retcon, nor is it about being "the right shaman", it's simply about being the right owner.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Mylra is, technically, not Alliance, but a member of the Earthen Ring, thus neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing about that is a retcon, nor is it about being "the right shaman", it's simply about being the right owner.
    Which is determined by (deus ex machina), also "the right shaman" and the right owner is basically the exact same thing. The lore right now is that Orgrim couldn't use the elemental capabilities of the hammer, and the criticism that Thrall didn't use the power that we're going to get from it. Thus, we are "the right shaman", and for some reason Thrall was not. It's weird though, because Doomhammer powers up in Warcraft 3 when he and Garrosh fought Mannoroth. It's not explained how the hammer's power is used.
    Do not underestimate us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Q8, i really liked her.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by LTCrystallite View Post
    Which is determined by (deus ex machina), also "the right shaman" and the right owner is basically the exact same thing. The lore right now is that Orgrim couldn't use the elemental capabilities of the hammer, and the criticism that Thrall didn't use the power that we're going to get from it. Thus, we are "the right shaman", and for some reason Thrall was not. It's weird though, because Doomhammer powers up in Warcraft 3 when he and Garrosh fought Mannoroth. It's not explained how the hammer's power is used.
    Is that new lore or something? I thought Orgrim gave it to Thrall to fufill an old family prophecy of the weapon which stated that the last of his line would bring ruin to the Orcs and the one he passes it to will bring redemption. I dont remember anything about Shaman or latent elemental energy being in the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Is that new lore or something? I thought Orgrim gave it to Thrall to fufill an old family prophecy of the weapon which stated that the last of his line would bring ruin to the Orcs and the one he passes it to will bring redemption. I dont remember anything about Shaman or latent elemental energy being in the weapon.
    Its more of a soft retcon than anything.

In the Blackhand comic its revealed that the Doomhammer came from a pool of enchanted elemental lava, and the elements spoke to him when he grabbed it from the pool.

Then you have the prophecy. It was later revealed that the hammer will pass "blood to blood" and Thrall had Orgrim's blood on his hands when he became warchief, plus there are arguments that Orgrim pretty much made Thrall a Doomhammer. So he was adopted into the DH line.

We, as the players, are completely removed from any Doomhammer lineage.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    Its more of a soft retcon than anything.

In the Blackhand comic its revealed that the Doomhammer came from a pool of enchanted elemental lava, and the elements spoke to him when he grabbed it from the pool.

Then you have the prophecy. It was later revealed that the hammer will pass "blood to blood" and Thrall had Orgrim's blood on his hands when he became warchief, plus there are arguments that Orgrim pretty much made Thrall a Doomhammer. So he was adopted into the DH line.

We, as the players, are completely removed from any Doomhammer lineage.
    Which, is how it should be, the prophecy of the Doomhammer taken into consideration: "Through blood the weapon shall pass, as surely as night begets day, Until the elements cry unheard, and pride turns to unbridled rage. The last of the line shall deliver salvation and doom upon his kind. Honor will be undone and all will be lost, before it is found again. A stranger will raise the hammer high, and with it justice shall reign.",- The prophecy was first mentioned in "Rise of the Horde", and we/the player is clearly "a stranger" as we are not of the Doomhammer line,- so again, no retcon whatsoever.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann