Horde Under-performing in assassination

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if I could get some help with my Assassination dps.

I've only recently obtained 3/4 T18 but even before that, I feel like my damage is really weak and I under-perform when in Assassination.

Link to Mannoroth fight -- I do really terrible on Mannoroth, any pointers here would be great. As you can see, I get smoked by the other rogue.

Here's Fel Lord Zakuun -- This should be a fairly straightforward fight, I don't feel like I'm having trouble with the mechanics but still low in performance.

This one is normal Archimonde -- I didn't have any tier pieces for this one, but may still be worth a look.

And of course, Armory Link

Any help is really appreciated, thanks in advance!

You need 4pc. It's huge.

On Mannoroth, you died and missed a use of Vendetta+SR. The other rogue also got 4 additional Soul Cap procs.

On Zakuun, you should hold your last Vendetta+SR for Heroism; that's what the other rogue did. You won't get another use by popping it on CD, so delaying it to stack with other CDs is a gain. You also missed your second use of Berserking.

You should apply the same concept to every boss. Delay your CDs to stack with other things so long as you will not lose a use by doing so. Most often, this is done with your last use to put it in execute range. If your guild is smart with the ring, you can generally just mirror its usage with your CDs and be fine.

I didn't look at your logs too closely, but it looks like you're more or less playing correctly. Your Rupture uptime seems decent enough (could be marginally improved) and your Env uptime is expected to be around where it is without 4pc. Mut isn't that hard. Just get better gear and get a feel for when you should and shouldn't delay CDs.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2015-11-21 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    You need 4pc. It's huge.

On Mannoroth, you died and missed a use of Vendetta+SR. The other rogue also got 4 additional Soul Cap procs.

On Zakuun, you should hold your last Vendetta+SR for Heroism; that's what the other rogue did. You won't get another use by popping it on CD, so delaying it to stack with other CDs is a gain. You also missed your second use of Berserking.

You should apply the same concept to every boss. Delay your CDs to stack with other things so long as you will not lose a use by doing so. Most often, this is done with your last use to put it in execute range. If your guild is smart with the ring, you can generally just mirror its usage with your CDs and be fine.

I didn't look at your logs too closely, but it looks like you're more or less playing correctly. Your Rupture uptime seems decent enough (could be marginally improved) and your Env uptime is expected to be around where it is without 4pc. Mut isn't that hard. Just get better gear and get a feel for when you should and shouldn't delay CDs.
    Thank you, that makes me feel a lot better, I was doubting if 4PC would take me the rest of the way.

I've also been hesitant about moving to Sub since it's highly gear dependent, I assume I should wait for my 4PC before making the change?

The CD delay is great advice, I'll implement it next raid night!

Thanks again for taking the time

Quote Originally Posted by Bankei View Post
    I've also been hesitant about moving to Sub since it's highly gear dependent, I assume I should wait for my 4PC before making the change?
    I've always wondered where people have been getting that information. As far as I'm aware, Sub outperforms Sin single target at every HFC gear level.

I'm struggling big time as well

Link

See if that works for looking at logs...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Armory link: Armory

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tygor View Post
    I'm struggling big time as well

Link

See if that works for looking at logs...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Armory link: Armory

Thanks!
    I did a quick check, I notice you cast Envenom a lot less than the other rogue in the group, this lowered your envenom up-time considerably. Are you pooling your energy correctly in order to maximize uptime?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    You need 4pc. It's huge.
    Class trinket also. The trinket and 4pc shifts your priority from heavy crit to all mastery typically. Once you have those life just becomes a ton easier. Mute/Dispatch generate 3+ combo points and during execute if you end up with a lust you'll have a hard time spending energy fast enough.

That's what excites me about the next expansion, they took those quality of life improvements from the set and baked it into the spec. Then added subtle nuance with Hemo and garrote. We'll have like 4 debuffs we have to maintain which all generate energy allowing us to generate more CPs faster and envenom more. I'd really like to see envenom scaled to a longer duration though as I'm not sure how well it'll play. But ... that's for next expac. Right now, Sin looks to be one of the most complex specs going forward for rogues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriestlawl View Post
    That's what excites me about the next expansion, they took those quality of life improvements from the set and baked it into the spec.
    Mindless button spam is not QoL in my books.

It is the only outcome, when all Blizzard want is to lower skill cap, avoid skill bloat, and keep simplifying every spec.