Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Aww... did the thinking hurt her brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If "reading a book by a white person" has traumatized her, she's going to be an emotional wreck when she leaves university and enters the real world.
    She probably mistake hunger game with game of thrones

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Aww... did the thinking hurt her brain?
    Reading that article hurt my brain.

This is the type of student these universities are spitting out that we are going to have to deal with as a society
    many will get elected to office or go right back into academia to teach the next generation their absurdity
    this would be knee slapping funny if it wasn't going to affect us in the near future

“It’s traumatizing to sit in Core classes,” she said. “We are looking at history through the lens of these powerful, white men. I have no power or agency as a black woman, so where do I fit in?”

No excuse for not doing the course work.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    "My feels!" Sorry, hun. Your "feels" have no place in a college class. Buck up or piss off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    “It’s traumatizing to sit in Core classes,” she said. “We are looking at history through the lens of these powerful, white men. I have no power or agency as a black woman, so where do I fit in?”

No excuse for not doing the course work.
    History is not about you sweety.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like shes too busy being offended to actually get anywhere in school? Or maybe shes looking for anything to blame for her poor performance besides herself. If these people hate America and white people so much why are they even here? Maybe she can go work on her advanced congolese art.

Well, why must history classes be so eurocentric? Do people think nothing happened in the rest of the world?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    why are they even here?
    Slavery?

/10

Just another person jumping on the "hate white men" band wagon.

its not like if she was a strong white woman she could have done shit to influence the course of history either. All woman were oppressed for a really long time and that had nothing to do with their skin color. She should be shipped off to some shit hole place like iraq or syria so she can get a taste of what real oppression is, i bet she'd change her tone real quick then and be thankful for what she has right now
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Well, why must history classes be so eurocentric? Do people think nothing happened in the rest of the world?

- - - Updated - - -

Slavery?

/10
    Do share what Africa has been doing this whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Slavery?

/10
    If the class was general, yeah I'd include the major non western powers like Persia and Egypt and China. However if she's in a specific time period and area class, there's no reason to include other areas

- - - Updated - - -

Slavery?

/10
    sure teach them African history and see if that doesn't traumatize her more just last century alone with the genocide should make her run for the hills

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Do share what Africa has been doing this whole time.
    For the most part, killing each other in some of the most brutal ways possible.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Slavery?

/10
    Oh im sorry I thought slavery ended in 1865 I didn't know you were still being forced to be here bud. Erbody knows it takes 150+ years to get away from those evil murderous whites!

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I don't.....what? I mean......what?

IT'S FREAKING HISTORY!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO THE HELL IS TELLING THE STORY AS LONG AS IT'S FACTUALLY ACCURATE!!!! AND YOU LIVE IN WESTERN CIVILIZATION THAT'S BEEN HEAVILY INFLUENCED BY WHITE PEOPLE!! GET OVER IT!!

This is one of those stories that I hope is made up. >.>
    I mean it's as ludicrous as me going to Nigeria and demanding White History Month there.

I consider myself pretty damn jaded when it comes to movies or documentaries or pretty much any kind of media.

I couldn't make it halfway through Beasts of No Nation about child soldiers in Africa. Deeply disturbing.
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    For the most part, killing each other in some of the most brutal ways possible.
    So just like Europe.

Sorry I didn't mean to start an Africa bashing party. Lets stay on topic so this doesn't get closed.