Yeah Monoroth you are right, let's stop with negativity because why the feth not.
    And yes, numbers don't matter now, like at all.
    Last week tuning is a surefire way to balance it all, is fun and what gets us diamonds like hunter pet soloing retpaladin in the beginning of cata. And I'm not negative about it - I found it fething hilarious and cackle-worthy.

Really did want to try to explain why ret needed a better gap closer but I just didn't want to talk to someone that gives me the old line every class is different. Im just glad someone on the wow site could lay it down. Hopefully people will see what I meant and I was not just complaining just to complain. The guys post is in popular topics , titled legion ret: I catch people how again?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsion View Post
    Really did want to try to explain why ret needed a better gap closer but I just didn't want to talk to someone that gives me the old line every class is different. Im just glad someone on the wow site could lay it down. Hopefully people will see what I meant and I was not just complaining just to complain. The guys post is in popular topics , titled legion ret: I catch people how again?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3424373?page=1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Yeah Monoroth you are right, let's stop with negativity because why the feth not.
    Last week tuning is a surefire way to balance it all, is fun and what gets us diamonds like hunter pet soloing retpaladin in the beginning of cata. And I'm not negative about it - I found it fething hilarious and cackle-worthy.
    Much saltiness. Want some lime and tequila to go with that? To help you take the edge off until beta?

Quote Originally Posted by BinderOfTheLight View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3424373?page=1

- - - Updated - - -

Much saltiness. Want some lime and tequila to go with that? To help you take the edge off until beta?
    Never forgive, never forget.

And no, I'm not salty. Just slightly bitter.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2015-11-28 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Celldweller_-_One good reason

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ugh, it's annoying right?
    Years of whining and now we have:
    -A teleport
    -A 70% slow on a 30 second cd (15 if dispelled) OR Long Arm of the Law
    -20% boost when we use Freedom

And people still complain!
    I'm guilty, I'm salty other classes are getting even CRAZIER mobility on top.

Deleted
    Lets hope they take some of these spells back cause i really dont know what tier sets gonna be like in legion. Unless they decided to take wow into an esport more than pve material and they give jack shit bout it.
    Rest seein so many survival opportunities either bosses gonna hit like meteors ortank healing gonna be implemented in raid healing. If the latter occurs i gotta say that i am rather dissapointed having to witness the removal of one more mechanic from high end pve environment (after threat that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Well, we all know the "No CD blink" is not going to happen.
    What makes you so sure?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Dk are complaining abou this and they say ooo paladins getting a teleport bla bla...

Look what you are doing now;/..

Quote Originally Posted by deadmau View Post
    I'm guilty, I'm salty other classes are getting even CRAZIER mobility on top.
    Yeah, felt like we our mechanics to stay on our targets were finally catching up (pun intended) but now all other classes have gotten even more mobility so we are again one of the less mobile classes it would seem.

But maybe it all works out somehow. I'll wait till Beta launches and Paladins are actually tested.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Doesn't change that Blizzard doesn't bother tuning and balancing until the last few weeks of beta, which is still months away. They might fix some absurd outliers, but for now, focus on mechanics, not numbers, because the numbers will change.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Doesn't change that Blizzard doesn't bother tuning and balancing until the last few weeks of beta, which is still months away. They might fix some absurd outliers, but for now, focus on mechanics, not numbers, because the numbers will change.
    That's why we have to stress mechanics to its fullest. We have to be critical as much as possible, voice concerns as loud as possible eventho Ret paladins concerns are infamous for being scoffed at or ignored or made fun of.
    I always believe in blizzard genius( silly me ikr), I just don't hope for much at all if history is anything to learn by.

PvE rotations won't matter as they are simply a case of number tuning, but pvp is an all different beast. We need so much yet are given so little and even what we get is often given in a format of such an easy choice of talents like "you can have second hand but at the expense of second leg".
    When a melee spec has to talent to get a fething interrupt, it's retarded.
    When a melee spec has to talent to get a for king gap-closer (which is btw awful in ways more than one) it's full retard.
    Blizzard shan't go full retard.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2015-11-28 at 07:49 PM. Reason: HMKids _-_Prospero Burns

Deleted
    Or maybe ret already has a cool talent but noone yet noticed it.
    Noone checked the pvp prot talent tree ?
    I mean there is a fun (completely op to me but cool) talent in prot tree :

Charge of the Crusader.
    Crusader Strike now has a 100 yard range. If outside of melee range, you charge the target.

Can you imagine how awesome it could be ? Charge from a 100 yards radius every 4.5 god damn seconds ?

I know I know some of you will say "It's in prot tree so don't waste your time".
    But this talent can't be prot at all because prot won't have crusader strike anymore (replaced by hammer of the righteous in Legion).
    So maybe it means this talent belongs to ret in reality...

What you guys think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrion View Post

Charge of the Crusader.
    Crusader Strike now has a 100 yard range. If outside of melee range, you charge the target.

Can you imagine how awesome it could be ? Charge from a 100 yards radius every 4.5 god damn seconds ?

I know I know some of you will say "It's in prot tree so don't waste your time".
    But this talent can't be prot at all because prot won't have crusader strike anymore (replaced by hammer of the righteous in Legion).

What you guys think ?
    I think it is OP and probably already scrapped. If not, I would love this ability!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsion View Post
    Paladin need a good gap closer. We need to stop thinking about the lore and just think game play wise. There is a lot of abilities that don't fit specs lore wise. I just want a god dam reliable gap closer!
    I'm not sure why you think that the teleport wouldnt be as reliable as a charge or shadowstep. Is it cause you need to click it twice? Aslong as the second click is off the global cooldown i dont see how it can be any worse than the other two.

IF it's off the GCD. That's a big if. but mainly it's unreliable because it's a ground reticle ability and it could look like you're throwing it right but it actually lands stuck in a pillar over top of your head, for example.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I'm not sure why you think that the teleport wouldnt be as reliable as a charge or shadowstep. Is it cause you need to click it twice? Aslong as the second click is off the global cooldown i dont see how it can be any worse than the other two.
    Teleports are most usually gap openers. Charge, shadowstep move you directly to your opponent without having to target any location. Even that is NOT enough. Charge roots the target and shadowstep grants a short sprint. The way that it looks right now TM is not a viable gap closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrion View Post

Charge of the Crusader.

What you guys think ?
    Prot has better PVP talents then ret. Just drooling over the 5 and 6 level tiers. WTF is with reckoning bomb too...60s CD? It's underlying mechanic screams support for this to do any damage, and how will it charge? Also looks like divine steed has been scrapped on current build. Ret will function the same on live with gap closing only at a 200% reduced pace, due to judgement 12s CD.

Personally I would like judgement to be a charge (PVP talent) for prot & ret, and a snare for holy. If they keep the CD it would fit well, or bump it to 15s to get the charge. Turalyon's might is purely pve move to x location set up mechanic. Will have zero substance in rated pvp (or it will get abused like wild charge in bg's like WSG). Either way the spell needs to change. IDK why they don't just merge divine hammer & heroic leap and slap the 1 min CD on it.

And to the 20% speed on BoF.....really we are calling that a buff? This wouldn't even be glyphed if it was an option on live.

Next HoH. A dispellable 70% reduction on a 45 s CD. I'll take chains of ice anyday. Do you guys understand that 95% of snares in game today have a CD less than 10s. 90% are spammable. And ret gets one on a 45second CD. What a fucking joke. Odds are a anti snare CD is up before this baby actually does any work.

Lastly is Eye for an Eye. First it does not fit the 90 tree. If it stays, it needs to be in the first tier to help level. In reality its not a PVE talent at all and should only be PVP. Next is HP. No way it should cost you damage to activate. It could act like a psuedo bone shield/ die by the sword, on a 1 min CD. But what grinds my gears is holy gets it too! Wait I don't a gripe with holy! But FFS we can heal as holy. No reason to get a static reflect. Reflect 30% of damage on you from all sources on a 2 min CD. There ret has 1 more tool to be anti trained and it will be a talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    IF it's off the GCD. That's a big if. but mainly it's unreliable because it's a ground reticle ability and it could look like you're throwing it right but it actually lands stuck in a pillar over top of your head, for example.
    http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#gL

"Flings blade"

Travel time. Not a gap closer. Think trap launcher, pre WoD

ok then
    if all the classes has good mobility people will complain that all the classes are the same
    if classes are different, people complain that other classes got stuff that their class doesn't

classes are supposed to be different IMO, we may not be the class with most mobility, but we make up in other stuff as burst, survivability, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tuia View Post
    ok then
    if all the classes has good mobility people will complain that all the classes are the same
    bullshit.

ok then
    if classes are different, people complain that other classes got stuff that their class doesn't
    good mobility and difference between classes have nothing to do with each other and are easily achievable .

classes are supposed to be different IMO,
    which again has nothing to do with mobility.
    Good mobility is a must for melee spec to function. Its basics. ABC. Whatever the feth you call it.

we may not be the class with most mobility
    we are.

but we make up in other stuff as burst, survivability, etc
    major bullshit.
    what the feth are you talking about?
    What survivability? Come legion, Ret will be even MORE squishier , with LESS team/personal utilities.
    Burst? That one that you wont be able to unleash? Well thats so fething awesome I want to punch a kitten how awesome it is.
    Etc? What etc? Shite mobility? nonexistant healing? CC which consists of 1 spell? No defence besides lolbubble and a smaller bubble? What is it ETC you spekl of with which we make up for the lack of, well, everything?
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2015-11-29 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Little V_-_Strike the earth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Teleports are most usually gap openers. Charge, shadowstep move you directly to your opponent without having to target any location. Even that is NOT enough. Charge roots the target and shadowstep grants a short sprint. The way that it looks right now TM is not a viable gap closer.
    But the teleport is more flexible. It also gives you the option to run away or move to a different location faster. You can also just teleport in front of your target. It becomes more a question of the range to wich you can teleport but i can think of pretty cool things we could do with a teleport. A charge/shadowstep is way more restricitive.
    I will be pretty sad to just have a simple charge instead, but oh well...
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2015-11-29 at 08:30 PM.