Quote Originally Posted by ruiizu View Post
    Ultimately they tried to create a hybrid between Demonic Teleport and Heroic Leap, but failed to capture the primary benefits of either. One being that melee generally want to get somewhere dynamic, while ranged are more comfortable going to a pre-destined location (because they can hit from anywhere essentially).

Personally, my original thought was to combine Execution Sentence with Turalyon's Might. Place a debuff on the target; when the skill is activated again, you appear above the target and slam down on them for holy damage, rooting or stunning them, or drastically reducing movement speed. It would have been cool because you could either prematurely end the debuff or let it tick a while until you strategically move and damage.
    IE: Falling Sword O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    IE: Falling Sword O.O
    Falling Sword is cool, so yes please.

Look Blizzard is dead set on having mobility be one of our weakness. However, that shouldn't mean we should have a hard time sticking on our targets, FFS we're melee. Dk's allegedly have the same weakness and yet they have death grip on a 25 sec CD and wraith walk. Instead of having a charge like gap closer all we need is horsy baseline and then this I recently thought up.

Long Arm of the Law: Your melee attacks have a 30 Yard range, lasts 6 seconds. 25 sec CD. Off the GCD and undispellable. With this we still have a weakness to mobility but still have the tools to stick on our opponents.

Hand of Hindrance should still be 30 sec CD but should last a few seconds longer. Keep in mind some melee with spamable slows come at a price. For example, Chains of Ice costs runes, Hamstring costs rage, Etc. Maybe if HoH cost 1 HoPo but i don't think that'd be to popular.

Also talented Horse shouldn't give movement freedom, that's why we have HoF. We can't have everything now can we. All it should do is lower the CD.

Boys and Girls the Ret dream is Alive on legion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX4_cZ2ziHk

Did i say Ret? I ment Captain America dream is alive! lol

Ultimately they tried to create a hybrid between Demonic Teleport and Heroic Leap, but failed to capture the primary benefits of either. One being that melee generally want to get somewhere dynamic, while ranged are more comfortable going to a pre-destined location (because they can hit from anywhere essentially).

Personally, my original thought was to combine Execution Sentence with Turalyon's Might. Place a debuff on the target; when the skill is activated again, you appear above the target and slam down on them for holy damage, rooting or stunning them, or drastically reducing movement speed. It would have been cool because you could either prematurely end the debuff or let it tick a while until you strategically move and damage.
    I wonder if they could actually do that. Reminds me of death from above, so I guess they could. Animation would be interesting.

Was gonna main enhance but guild lost a healer so I went back to holy Paladin. I feel a lot calmer and at home for some reason.

Deleted
    Funny how ES gonna loose ground since in Ashbringer trait list it gets almost zero boost or what

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I wonder if they could actually do that. Reminds me of death from above, so I guess they could. Animation would be interesting.

Was gonna main enhance but guild lost a healer so I went back to holy Paladin. I feel a lot calmer and at home for some reason.
    Visually speaking, it would just be a gimmick. The animation would need to be fast enough such that it didn't feel too weird that you could technically be auto-attacked for the split second you're still "falling" on the target. It's mostly flavor to actually do that though. Greater point is a teleporting strike that's tied to a DoT on the target. Also allows you to become the executioner rather than just the slowly falling hammer.

I think Blizzard is pretty set on what they've got at this point. Best we can likely hope for is improvements to horse, but we'll see how things turn out. I'm not expecting much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Funny how ES gonna loose ground since in Ashbringer trait list it gets almost zero boost or what
    They will have to either buff ES or modify the traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    They will have to either buff ES or modify the traits.
    Knowing Blizzard I think we can assume this won't happen for at least the first tier or two though...

If only there were a moment in the lore of Ashbringer that Paladins could use to tell Blizzard "it's cool and it fit the class". If there were only a chunk of RP in the game where Ashbringer was involved in some sort of epic jump slash of holy justice. You know, one that some of us have seen no less than a hundred times.

In all seriousness, this would be an awesome talent. Replace one of the lackluster with something similar to D3 Falling Sword as a finisher with a cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    If only there were a moment in the lore of Ashbringer that Paladins could use to tell Blizzard "it's cool and it fit the class". If there were only a chunk of RP in the game where Ashbringer was involved in some sort of epic jump slash of holy justice.
    There is. You should roll a Deathknight and observe the interaction between Tyrion and the Lich King. The only instance anywhere in any in-game sequence or cinematic where a charge is ever carried out - and it's with a Paladin holding onto the Ashbringer.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is. You should roll a Deathknight and observe the interaction between Tyrion and the Lich King. The only instance anywhere in any in-game sequence or cinematic where a charge is ever carried out - and it's with a Paladin holding onto the Ashbringer.
    Not to mention in ICC during the LK fight, where tirion does the same thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Not to mention in ICC during the LK fight, where tirion does the same thing
    Now you mention it, he also does a Vengeful Retreat; and yet they've given that ability to Demon Hunters. It's an outrage.

Now you mention it, he also does a Vengeful Retreat; and yet they've given that ability to Demon Hunters. It's an outrage.
    Oh, oh! And Tirion rezzes 25 players at once during combat, we should have that as part of our toolkit too!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabsal View Post
    Oh, oh! And Tirion rezzes 25 players at once during combat, we should have that as part of our toolkit too!
    No that was the ghost of King Terenas II. Tirion did shatter Frostmourne though, so I guess we can add a disarm to Rets .

That said, Warcraft 3 paladins had an instant, in-combat mass res (up to 6 non-heroic units, with strongest units prioritised first). Pretty hefty 4 minute cooldown though ...

Oops; you're right. Been a while since I beat up Arthas. Okay, next unreasonable demand. Maraad's a Ret Paladin (see: hammer) and he used Divine Intervention in Talador. Clearly this is a sign that we should get it back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oops; you're right. Been a while since I beat up Arthas. Okay, next unreasonable demand. Maraad's a Ret Paladin (see: hammer) and he used Divine Intervention in Talador. Clearly this is a sign that we should get it back.
    But we do have it back .

Actually, you'll notice that he doesn't even die immediately, so you could even argue that Rets should get the same.

Not to mention his special uber-glowy wings at the end of the WoD intro scenario. Or Yrel's fancy moves at Archimonde (she seems a Ret pally to me, at least).

Deleted
    That's not Tyrion, so not sure we can claim that one.

That's Arthas' father, genius..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Boys and Girls the Ret dream is Alive on legion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX4_cZ2ziHk

Did i say Ret? I ment Captain America dream is alive! lol
    PvP templates not active in duels, prot is just as strong on live in duels but sucks majorly in arena and bg's.

Which is a real shame, all my paladin hopes for a decent dps spec were centred on prot.