Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I haven't read 342 pages of posts. Why did they get rid of the eclipse system from Druids? Are they really that focused on dumbing the game down? I've tried playing all of my alts and none of them are any different from the other. Even my warlock is getting watered down slowly.
    They wanted to give us something unique in a rage bar.

Same way as Warriors, Guardian Druids, Shadow Priest, Elemental Shaman, Enhancement Shaman, DKs.

Did I miss someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    They wanted to give us something unique in a rage bar.

Same way as Warriors, Guardian Druids, Shadow Priest, Elemental Shaman, Enhancement Shaman, DKs.

Did I miss someone?
    If they wanted something unique, they could just have left us with the WoD system. Though IMO they should have used a circle or eliptic Eclipse bar for that.

They tried unique. They wanted something that works this time. I don't think Shadow and DK really fit, though. Shadow uses the resource in an entirely different way(it's more of a limit break), and DK have a dual resource system.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If they wanted something unique, they could just have left us with the WoD system. Though IMO they should have used a circle or eliptic Eclipse bar for that.

They tried unique. They wanted something that works this time. I don't think Shadow and DK really fit, though. Shadow uses the resource in an entirely different way(it's more of a limit break), and DK have a dual resource system.
    This system is a thousand times better than WoD. There weren't Moonkins in WoD because most of them left in mass exodus.

In all the times I ever raided (even pugs) in WoD, I want to say I've seen a total of like 3 Moonkins. I can go through my logs if I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Should've just stick with MoP version or Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by elynos View Post
    Gonna have to disagree, at least for me sotf and Inc are very similar on pure st fights. So the new SOTA ring will be giving me a big boost even on st fights.
    You're not factoring in having to give up a legendary to use the SOTA ring. OI, IFE and ED are huge DPS boosts by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I am curious how you get Inc and SotF being that close together on raw ST fights though (especially considering no fights in Nighthold in Legion thus far are pure ST, except pre-Mythic Trilliax/Ursoc).
    Fight duration can lessen Inc's relative value, especially with how quickly fights are ending now that everyone is geared. You may only get 2 Inc/CA uses, and often I'm finding fights are ending right before a 3rd possible use now. So you basically spent a solid minute to a minute thirty gaining zero benefit from the Incarnation talent. Current data is not too accurate for a progression setting.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2017-06-07 at 05:49 PM.

I'm about to include my moonkin alt to m+ runs. How do they compare to specs such as elemental shamans?
    "Always remember, in a land of fel infused ancient elves, the peasant with a good banish spell is king."

About the same damage, less CC than Shamans, battleres

Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    I'm about to include my moonkin alt to m+ runs. How do they compare to specs such as elemental shamans?
    Surprisingly, our AoE is amazing for m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    Elemental: Spam Chain Lightning and Flame Shock(?), Earthquake.
    Moonkin: Sunfire (hit it once, it hits everything), Moonfire (if a few targets/you're using LATC), spam Solar Wrath (single target filler) until you can Starfall.

Both are pretty similar and both do great. Elemental MIGHT be better (mostly because it doesn't pull shit through the floors of boats or through walls like Starfall), but they're both extremely solid AoE monsters, huge bonus points if its a Fortified week instead of a Tyrannical one (since both are a tad lackluster on ST).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Elemental: Spam Chain Lightning and Flame Shock(?), Earthquake.
    Moonkin: Sunfire (hit it once, it hits everything), Moonfire (if a few targets/you're using LATC), spam Solar Wrath (single target filler) until you can Starfall.

Both are pretty similar and both do great. Elemental MIGHT be better (mostly because it doesn't pull shit through the floors of boats or through walls like Starfall), but they're both extremely solid AoE monsters, huge bonus points if its a Fortified week instead of a Tyrannical one (since both are a tad lackluster on ST).
    Don't worry, earthquake can still randomly pull stuff through floors.

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    Don't worry, earthquake can still randomly pull stuff through floors.
    Oh okay good, as long as Elemental is just as shit at that as Balance, I'm happy.

If we've got really shitty issues, knowing we have a brother-in-arms that shares these issues just makes it better.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Oh okay good, as long as Elemental is just as shit at that as Balance, I'm happy.

If we've got really shitty issues, knowing we have a brother-in-arms that shares these issues just makes it better.
    they just made some buffs to ele pushed to ptr

I see a decent amount of top booms using UA, even 865.
    I own an 890 metronome and an 865 UA + socket. Based on sims and Gebuz's sheet, metro should be higher, but why is it still used in high mythic content?(I'm progressing mythic, not farming it)

I also want to ask something that's been bugging me and I think I asked before, but still confused. Assuming I'm fighting 2-3 targets that will not die in the next 20 secs. I popped 1 SFall and I get to 80 AsP. Do shoot off 2 SFalls or 1 SFall and 1 SS? I know the Stellar Emp won't stack and I'm only getting SFall damage on the second one.
    Maybe 3 targets favor 2 SF and 2 targets favor SS?

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    they just made some buffs to ele pushed to ptr
    Well, rip having a ranged comrade.

straight cut question: are ED + IFE still the best selection 7.2.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    I see a decent amount of top booms using UA, even 865.
    I own an 890 metronome and an 865 UA + socket. Based on sims and Gebuz's sheet, metro should be higher, but why is it still used in high mythic content?(I'm progressing mythic, not farming it)

I also want to ask something that's been bugging me and I think I asked before, but still confused. Assuming I'm fighting 2-3 targets that will not die in the next 20 secs. I popped 1 SFall and I get to 80 AsP. Do shoot off 2 SFalls or 1 SFall and 1 SS? I know the Stellar Emp won't stack and I'm only getting SFall damage on the second one.
    Maybe 3 targets favor 2 SF and 2 targets favor SS?

Thanks for the help.
    Maybe the trinket hasn't dropped for them. On my main Hunter I still have yet to acquire a Mythic CoF after being in every kill of her and coined every time. And our Mage never got his Metronome either. Meanwhile I coined mythic Whispers on my Druid on the first kill. RNG loot.

Always Starfall at 2 targets if using SotF/SD combo. As long as you can guarantee 100% uptime until the mobs die, it is worth to spam Starfall as much as you can.

Deleted
    What trinkets should we be aiming for in Tomb? I'm currently running 900 Chrono Shard and 895 Whispers.

Whispers and I believe the on-use trinket that summons an owl because it has a high (bugged?") proc rate and deals Arcane dmg (buffed by aura).

I think some Boomkins have been gearing more towards mastery than haste which is why they are using UA. I think Gapezilla was using an 860 UA until he got a 905 Metronome. It could also be to hit a haste breakpoint

860 UA is still retarded strong and better than most 900+ trinkets anyways. Not even a proc to play around, which realistically makes it even better as the benefits come passively.

Not that it changes the garbage DPS balance is stuck with outside sustained AoE with starfall.

The spec has received no proper tuning whatsoever. even regrowth/rejuv/healing touch heal for jackshit, my DK heals for 20%+ health with a Death Strike, and DK healing is pretty low to begin with. My shaman self heals for far more.

I won't even mention my demonhunter who either heals almost half health with a mob dropping a soul, or pop metamorphosis from eyebeam and immediately heal to full with 70% leech.

My affliction warlock also self heals for 24%+ health with one drain soul while also doing damage.

This spec is made of paper.

Those of you who have actively participated in all of the PTR cycles for ToS know that the sky isn't falling and that balance is going to be in a good spot come launch. I would venture to say we're exceptionally good for more than half of the instance and above average for the rest. Don't fly too close to the sun while lobbying for buffs, or we're bound to get burned.