Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Yeah I took Displacer Beast for Mistress progress and the first time I tried to use it I did a 180 blink into a wall. Respecced back to WC after that.
    So you immediately specced back because you used it the wrong way? Sounds like the problem wasn't DB.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelovV View Post
    Tobinax reincarnate
    I don't know who or what that is, but thanks for the insult. Good post there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So you immediately specced back because you used it the wrong way? Sounds like the problem wasn't DB.
    The problem tends to be when you use one or the other for awhile, especially if you put the ability in the same place (which I and I'm sure many others do), you'll usually remember the one you've used for awhile. For example, I've played Mage since the end of BC to the end of WoD. Blink was my "-" button. When I swapped to Druid, I had Displacer Beast (also my "-" key), so it wasn't really any different. Then I swapped to Wild Charge and every time I try to go forwards, I'd suddenly bound backwards. Now that I've used Wild Charge for months and months though, I'm sure the opposite effect would happen if I played with DB.

Unless you regularly use both abilities (which can also cause a horrible problem of not remembering which one you're specced to at that moment), you're bound to make this mistake a few times.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Should i change Inexorable Truth Serum ilvl915 for Touch of Nightfall ilvl930? I already have Inexorable Truth Serum ilvl935

Is Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish such poop that it doesn't deserve a spot on the trinket spreadsheet? Should I bother simming it against my other trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Is Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish such poop that it doesn't deserve a spot on the trinket spreadsheet? Should I bother simming it against my other trinkets?
    Depends on what legendaries you have. Any two out of OI, IFE, Soul, LatC or ED and it probably isn't worth it.

Depends on what legendaries you have. Any two out of OI, IFE, Soul, LatC or ED and it probably isn't worth it.
    Sadly the only Balance legendaries I have are ED and PoE. I have every druid legendary except Soul. The trinkets I have other than KJW are 860 Unstable Arcano, 900 Terror from Below, 915 Owl, and 915 Charm of Rising Tides

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Sadly the only Balance legendaries I have are ED and PoE. I have every druid legendary except Soul. The trinkets I have other than KJW are 860 Unstable Arcano, 900 Terror from Below, 915 Owl, and 915 Charm of Rising Tides
    UA and Owl are good trinkets. I would use KJW over Helm or PoE for aoe fights and replace Owl which is more of a single target DPS trinket.

At what point does a 895 w socket starts falling behind? Heroic tos trinkets?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    I think you forgot to mention which item you are referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1072011102

I started using Wild Charge two weeks ago and I'm getting a lot of mileage out of it. Honestly, if you make a macro for that talent row you can swap them out between fights seamlessly. Each have their own advantages based on the fight, but in general I think WC has the advantage in ToS:

- WC is better for M Goroth due to frequent movement and soaking infernal circles
    - WC is better in H/M Inquisition for escaping the slowing void zones instantly and hopping to a safe dispel spot
    - Doesn't really matter which you pick for H/M Harj
    - For H Mistress Displacer Beast is better overall, but WC is good for escaping wave
    - Both are good for different reasons on Sisters
    - Both are good for different reasons on Host (and it depends on what realm you're in)
    - Displacer Beast is only better on Maiden if you get bombs frequently, otherwise WC is better for Infusion swapping
    - WC is better on Avatar for escaping knife pools and for soaking
    - Both have advantages for KJ (not sure which is better yet)

I think you forgot to mention which item you are referring to.
    my bad was on my phone. It's. URn
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    I started using Wild Charge two weeks ago and I'm getting a lot of mileage out of it. Honestly, if you make a macro for that talent row you can swap them out between fights seamlessly. Each have their own advantages based on the fight, but in general I think WC has the advantage in ToS:

- WC is better for M Goroth due to frequent movement and soaking infernal circles
    - WC is better in H/M Inquisition for escaping the slowing void zones instantly and hopping to a safe dispel spot
    - Doesn't really matter which you pick for H/M Harj
    - For H Mistress Displacer Beast is better overall, but WC is good for escaping wave
    - Both are good for different reasons on Sisters
    - Both are good for different reasons on Host (and it depends on what realm you're in)
    - Displacer Beast is only better on Maiden if you get bombs frequently, otherwise WC is better for Infusion swapping
    - WC is better on Avatar for escaping knife pools and for soaking
    - Both have advantages for KJ (not sure which is better yet)
    Why you think DB is better for maiden? If you get bomb, you use the time between globals when starsurging to get to the edge. Then while on the edge, you pool max astral power. When you jump, you position yourself with the back towards the boss then you WC to a safe spot while spending that AP that you got before the jump.

On mistress, I performed better with WC because I would usually escape the wave with it and lost a lot of dps by doing so. You just need to position yourself ahead of time for tornadoes and don't stay near adds as they die.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    Why you think DB is better for maiden? If you get bomb, you use the time between globals when starsurging to get to the edge. Then while on the edge, you pool max astral power. When you jump, you position yourself with the back towards the boss then you WC to a safe spot while spending that AP that you got before the jump.
    Lower skill players are better using DB for that since it teleports you back instantly. If you can manage the bomb with WC, it's a lot better.

Assuming skill is not a factor, DB is only better for teleporting across things. Otherwise, WC is better and covers more ground (with potentially way more with knock-ups) for the global.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post

On mistress, I performed better with WC because I would usually escape the wave with it and lost a lot of dps by doing so. You just need to position yourself ahead of time for tornadoes and don't stay near adds as they die.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk
    To be fair, I just started using WC recently so I a may not be using it optimally in all situations yet. I'll play with it some more on Heroic next week. So far in our Mythic progress it has been the go-to for sure. I am assigned to the closest spot to the beginning of a new moon cycle on Sisters (boss we're progressing on), so being able to disengage after the soak without losing any dps is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    To be fair, I just started using WC recently so I a may not be using it optimally in all situations yet. I'll play with it some more on Heroic next week. So far in our Mythic progress it has been the go-to for sure. I am assigned to the closest spot to the beginning of a new moon cycle on Sisters (boss we're progressing on), so being able to disengage after the soak without losing any dps is great.
    Make sure to use WC for when you want to position a Volley or Beacon away from the raid. That thing (WC) has been a godsend tbh. The cooldown is so short that sometimes you barely have to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Yeah I took Displacer Beast for Mistress progress and the first time I tried to use it I did a 180 blink into a wall. Respecced back to WC after that.
    Assuming you are talking about Mythic, you will probably find yourself going back to Displacer on that fight. You'll need the distance Displacer gets you, and when you're holding buffer fish, it becomes impossible to use wild charge and avoid ink puddles later on in the fight. Displacer will also save you from the occasional tornado screw up. It's also much better for running ink to feed the mouth in phase 2. You will regularly see ink puddles on the complete opposite side of the room from the mouth; you will never reach them in time without Displacer Beast.

Just use separate key binds for Wild Charge and Displacer Beast. I like ctrl+w for Displacer, ctrl+s for Wild Charge, the key binds imply the direction of travel.

To give further importance to the value of Displacer Beast, my guild would not have killed the boss when we did last night without it. Basically the only DPS alive sub 3% was a mage and myself, we blinked through tornados and ink, finishing off the boss.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2017-07-28 at 06:48 PM.

Love seeing all the discussion about wild charge It's been the only talent in that row that I've used since the launch of Legion. It's better in almost every situation IMO, I've gotten very good at using it properly and have very little downtime while using it. Even in EN while I was watching other boomkins DB to drop Nythendra's rot and use those GCDs not only to move but to shift into moonkin form again while I'd just WC and refresh dots or cast SS while flying. The only time I've been tempted to use DB is on Mistress to get out of the way of tornadoes or the fish but even then it's not much of an issue. One of the other great reasons to use it is that you won't ever have to deal with those stupid pathing issues that will sometimes cut your DB teleport short or render it entirely useless. You can also get some serious distance with it when jumping from height, using WC and flapping, you've got the extra height from jumping and extra speed from the WC itself and can end up moving really quickly, mostly useful while out in the world but I've had some good use out of it while in M+ etc.

Its actually good time to be a Boomkin when the biggest discussion is on DB vs WC

Btw, WC user here. DB is two gcd
    While WC isnt

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Its actually good time to be a Boomkin when the biggest discussion is on DB vs WC
    Well defensives are another one could argue being a weak point of Balance Druid (esp when our defensive traits are a garbage heal and more armor), but yeah, right now it's a great time to be Boomy overall. AoE is fantastic, ST isn't terrible, mobility is great compared to other casters (mostly due to SD for AoE fights and OI+SD for ST fights as well as banking up to 3 SS/SF with the 2P +30 AsP cap bonus).