Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, nameplate range is 30y.
    40 yards. typically draws at 38.5
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    Mechanically? Starfall is better now. I loved old Starfall but being able to place the zone instead of placing yourself will always be superior. You don't have to be in proximity of Mobs to make use of Stellar Drift's casting on the move - it's a 40yrd radius zone. That's HUGE, plenty of room for you to be in the zone and still 35+ yards away from the mobs.
    Stellar drift on the move casting is ONLY in the starfall area which is far from 40yds.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Stellar drift on the move casting is ONLY in the starfall area which is far from 40yds.
    Well, okay, it's 39 yards. I wouldn't exactly call that "far".

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, okay, it's 39 yards. I wouldn't exactly call that "far".
    39yd diameter. Quite different from 40yd radius. Also to spend 60 AsP for only 6.5 seconds of casting on the move seems like a really terrible deal.
    Last edited by dark666105; 2016-02-09 at 07:17 AM.

39yd diameter. Quite different from 40yd radius. Also to spend 60 AsP for only 6.5 seconds of casting on the move seems like a really terrible deal.
    Still more than enough for any realistic scenario. Or can you find a situation where you had to run more than 40y and still had something in range the entire time?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Still more than enough for any realistic scenario. Or can you find a situation where you had to run more than 40y and still had something in range the entire time?
    I haven't found a scenario where I have had to move for 6.5 seconds that I couldn't fill with something I needed to cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't found a scenario where I have had to move for 6.5 seconds that I couldn't fill with something I needed to cast.
    Mythic blackhand without hunters (while it was current). Maybe even 25man hc ragnaros?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Stellar Drift isn't designed for Single target, it is meant for aoe. Anybody that did the Scorpion boss on Alpha would know why it is useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Stellar Drift isn't designed for Single target, it is meant for aoe. Anybody that did the Scorpion boss on Alpha would know why it is useful.
    Yes the increased range and damage is nice. People need to realize that the casting while moving is just a small bonus that isn't meant to be the main feature of the talent.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Mythic blackhand without hunters (while it was current). Maybe even 25man hc ragnaros?
    Encounters are designed for the toolkits in the game ~ Fox included.

For 25H Rag, we dropped mushrooms for that, so that we could nuke the hell out of Molten Seeds. ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Yes the increased range and damage is nice. People need to realize that the casting while moving is just a small bonus that isn't meant to be the main feature of the talent.
    Actually, the the cast while moving is the main bonus (in raids atleast). The damage bonus is like 1-2% atm which is insignificant for aoe. The radius increase is pretty niche (extremely spread targets or not being able to be in close proximity to the mobs for the cast while moving benefit). With a lot of short lived adds our aoe is just SnF + Starfall and Lunar Strike as the filler, which means 80% of our GCD is hardcasting. At that point being able to move freely 100% of the time instead of 20% of the time is pretty sweet.

Having said that, the talent itself is really niche, and the damage increase is so minor I'd prefer if it was just removed, and Stellar Drift was changed to a utility talent and replaced Wild Charge. The Scorpion boss was a great boss for it, but I doubt we will see more than 1 or 2 other raid encounters where we'd want to use Stellar Drift.

Or it could take the place of renewal in that line and Renewal could become baseline and then they would all be 'movement' talents.

Or it could take the place of renewal in that line and Renewal could become baseline and then they would all be 'movement' talents.
    I like the trade. Very strong choices in the talent row makes it more interesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Today I learned despite years of training I still write radius when I mean diameter.

39 yard diameter still leaves you 34 yards from the 5-yard segment you keep all the mobs in - and you're not spending 60AsP to ONLY move while casting, you're also getting Starfalls damage (which is, unsurprisingly also increased by the talent) and the DoT amplification effect.

Now I really don't want to read through the thread but how does the new rotation/skills feel? I'm usually a guardian tank but I tried boomkin OS for awhile and just felt....bored. Not sure if it was just watching the little bar swing side to side or what but the feeling of 0 control of what to cast really made it feel bad.

We use rage-like astral power now. The rotation is kinda similar though

Personally i found everything a bit disjointed in the current iteration.

use wrath or lunar strike to generate AsP, wrath has short cast, LS has a slight AoE. they generate the same AsP/casttime so use whichever is needed

we still dot and hardcast, but dot durations are shorter so we dot more and hardcast less. Dots dont factor into gameplay at all except for doing damage unless you take shooting stars for the AsP proc.

starfall has a high AsP cost, and generating AsP without shooting stars talent makes it really awkward to dot+ starfall because you have to starfall and then hardcast, or you cant starfall again (maybe that changes with a high number of mobs, but still requires shooting stars talent to even work)

Healing touch works in form, everything else rips you out if you take resto affinity

personally i wish things felt a bit more connected. maybe its just me. (still a fan of the class)

Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    Today I learned despite years of training I still write radius when I mean diameter.

39 yard diameter still leaves you 34 yards from the 5-yard segment you keep all the mobs in - and you're not spending 60AsP to ONLY move while casting, you're also getting Starfalls damage (which is, unsurprisingly also increased by the talent) and the DoT amplification effect.
    Given you can actually make use of the radius, you'll get both the damage and the movement while casting. Should be changed to "While Starfall is active, you can cast while moving."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Given you can actually make use of the radius, you'll get both the damage and the movement while casting. Should be changed to "While Starfall is active, you can cast while moving."
    That would definitly make it a bit more of a usable feature in my eyes. Still able to properly place it around the mob and get the movement benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Or they need to auto target it and make it hit harder (positional requirements would stop it being. OP ) or have it as a targeted template, with Starfall deals more damage while you're within its aoe.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Or they need to auto target it and make it hit harder (positional requirements would stop it being. OP ) or have it as a targeted template, with Starfall deals more damage while you're within its aoe.
    That leads to stacking issues -- ala hunters in Cata. While it would certainly work in literally all other aspects of this game, it wouldn't be an enjoyable in practice for raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Fury of Elune.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.